Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 01:10 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,455,557 times

Advertisements

For all the people who complain about the number of State employees, did you not notice the huge new State agency that was just recently opened, with hundreds and hundreds of new employees? It's called California Health Benefit Exchange Board, and it was opened to administer ObamaCare for California.

The last time I looked there were still openings for about 150 telephone people, but they've filled most of them. There's still openings, though. Here's a list of what's left, and how to apply.

I'm under the impression that the Feds will subsidize this for a certain number of years, then we pay for it ourselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 01:44 PM

2 posts, read 2,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
For all the people who complain about the number of State employees, did you not notice the huge new State agency that was just recently opened, with hundreds and hundreds of new employees? It's called California Health Benefit Exchange Board, and it was opened to administer ObamaCare for California.

The last time I looked there were still openings for about 150 telephone people, but they've filled most of them. There's still openings, though. [URL="https://forms.spb.ca.gov/bulletins/ejv.cfm?criteria=0&loc=0&dept=N499"]Here's [/URL]a list of what's left, and how to apply.

I'm under the impression that the Feds will subsidize this for a certain number of years, then we pay for it ourselves.
You should apply, course if you got hired you could no longer complain about the cushy state jobs and benefits, since you would have them!

Old 07-11-2013, 01:51 PM

486 posts, read 1,255,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierravillian1 View Post
You should apply, course if you got hired you could no longer complain about the cushy state jobs and benefits, since you would have them!
I probably will. Can't beat them, join them.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:57 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countofmc View Post
I probably will. Can't beat them, join them.
Sure beats temp. work. But I KNOW you're not askin' for references here, right?

Old 07-11-2013, 11:04 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,802,109 times
Well, that's just great. Obummercare is gonna solve allllll of our health issues. It's so unfair that the poor can't have expensive, already overregulated health insurance that would completely cripple them financially otherwise. Mind you, the poor can already quality for Medicare and Medi-Cal, and the more illegal you are, the better off you are!

The rich will afford it. The poor will have it subsidized by the feds. The middle class will once again get effed, the same middle class that put Obummer in power because he cares about the minorities, women, change, all that good stuff. If you voted for Obama and Gov. Brown, don't b**ch when your health premiums suddenly (if it happens) skyrocket through the rest of this decade.

I love you, California, but really?! This?! I sometimes really wish Reagan were still president. He warned us about socialized medicine (and the road to it) more than 50 years ago. But, that's okay, we need more bureaucracy to process the paperwork that will help us "change." Ultimately, it's crony capitalism at its most magnificent.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:28 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,041,876 times
All but 3 or 4 of the jobs are in Sacramento. Maybe better in that forum?

Old 07-11-2013, 11:36 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,897,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
Well, that's just great. Obummercare is gonna solve allllll of our health issues. It's so unfair that the poor can't have expensive, already overregulated health insurance that would completely cripple them financially otherwise. Mind you, the poor can already quality for Medicare and Medi-Cal, and the more illegal you are, the better off you are!

The rich will afford it. The poor will have it subsidized by the feds. The middle class will once again get effed, the same middle class that put Obummer in power because he cares about the minorities, women, change, all that good stuff. If you voted for Obama and Gov. Brown, don't b**ch when your health premiums suddenly (if it happens) skyrocket through the rest of this decade.

I love you, California, but really?! This?! I sometimes really wish Reagan were still president. He warned us about socialized medicine (and the road to it) more than 50 years ago. But, that's okay, we need more bureaucracy to process the paperwork that will help us "change." Ultimately, it's crony capitalism at its most magnificent.
Reagan. One of the very worst presidents the United States has ever had to endure.

You are apparently unaware that socialized medicine beats the pants off the American medical establishment in pretty much every category of measurement including life expectancy itself, infant mortality, healthy lifestyle promotion, etc ... and does so at a fraction of the cost. Americans pay way more than any other nation on earth for health care as it is now and have a much less healthy outcome:

21 graphs that show America’s health-care prices are ludicrous

Quote:
We spend more per capita, both in total and in tax dollars, on health care than other major industrialized countries, according to the latest figures from the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. But all that extra money doesn’t buy us extra-large helpings of doctor or hospital care.
Are Americans healthier than other nations?

Old 07-12-2013, 09:41 AM
zdg

845 posts, read 1,972,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
Mind you, the poor can already quality for Medicare and Medi-Cal, and the more illegal you are, the better off you are!
Please provide proof or cite sources that being "more illegal" provides you with better health care than the average middle class American.

Quote:
I sometimes really wish Reagan were still president.
If you remember Reagan as a great president, you either weren't there, weren't paying attention (at all), or were politely doing as you were told by your superiors. I beg every Reagan-kissing right winger to review Reagan's policies and decisions in retrospect through non-partisan (EITHER side) glasses. But of course you won't, because searching for facts and challenging yourself are not part of being in love with the ghost of Ronald Reagan.

Fun fact: As governor, Ronald Reagan signed into law the largest tax increase in California history (at that time). As President, he increased taxes 11 times, including the largest peacetime tax increase in American history. The man you remember never existed.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:47 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Here's the answer to all our healthcare problems. Why, anyone can join, if they can meet the price: Private Doctors Provide Personalized Care, For a Price - capradio.org

Meanwhile, helping the working class: Mountain View restaurants: Google's free food putting us out of business - Silicon Valley Business Journal

And of course, holding the robber barons accountable: Solyndra founder unlikely to face criminal charges, sources say - San Jose Mercury News

More than just healthcare is a mess and it's spread nationwide.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:54 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
As a friend in Australia with Socialized Medical care said, they get 2 minutes with a doctor on a visit MAX. Lovely stuff Socialized medical care IF you are reasonably healthy, but if not too bad. They don't care for example of you have to wait a year or longer for a knee replacement, after all it isn't life threatening, so just wait. Then there is Canada ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California