Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 01:58 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,769,656 times

Advertisements

I have a low cost solution, make highway 5 wider and add a high speed lane (90 mph) with limited access)

I know, amazing.

People who want to get to SoCal/NorCal faster can take an air plain.

I know, amazing.

But a low speed rail just sounds so much better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 06:52 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,135,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I have a low cost solution, make highway 5 wider and add a high speed lane (90 mph) with limited access)

I know, amazing.

People who want to get to SoCal/NorCal faster can take an air plain.

I know, amazing.

But a low speed rail just sounds so much better.
Yep dem dare fancy flying machines... air "plains"..

Best be care full how far we sail, ya now da world is flat and we could sail off the edge...

-------------
What happens to America when we stop dreaming?.... I contend the American dream dies..."

Old 07-18-2013, 10:07 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,839,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
Yep dem dare fancy flying machines... air "plains"..

Best be care full how far we sail, ya now da world is flat and we could sail off the edge...

-------------
What happens to America when we stop dreaming?.... I contend the American dream dies..."
You mean when we wake up to our foolishness? The American Dream dies? As well it should.
The original American Dream was based on equality and opportunity as in equal opportunity for freedom from oppression. The dream became convoluted over the last century to mean opportunity to climb over each other in an unsustainable toxic ball of avarice, greed, and the pursuit of cheap material acquisition at any expense to each other and the environment we rely on for both sustenance and pride of living.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:54 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,135,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
You mean when we wake up to our foolishness? The American Dream dies? As well it should.
The original American Dream was based on equality and opportunity as in equal opportunity for freedom from oppression. The dream became convoluted over the last century to mean opportunity to climb over each other in an unsustainable toxic ball of avarice, greed, and the pursuit of cheap material acquisition at any expense to each other and the environment we rely on for both sustenance and pride of living.
Remember I am still in the 1800's......

Seriously though... The romantic notion of brave dreamers looking to what is beyond the horizon.. The creative mind not bound by fear of the unknown... something like that...

Old 07-18-2013, 02:56 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,839,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
Remember I am still in the 1800's......

Seriously though... The romantic notion of brave dreamers looking to what is beyond the horizon.. The creative mind not bound by fear of the unknown... something like that...
Except it is now: four cars in the garage (and one of them a Hummer with low-profile tires) of a McMansion on the coast, an athletic club membership (to compensate for the lack of physical living), a smartphone and tablet, laptop, a multi-million-dollar diversified portfolio, a ski-vacation condo in Colorado, a wall-sized flat-screen tee-bee, a $1/4 million houseboat on Berryessa, ..............................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California