Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 05:29 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,253,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
the lack of compassion and respect for human dignity is shocking in this thread.
Try telling that to the lawmakers that just threw out the rights and privacy of the students that have to put up with this nonesense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 05:31 AM

36,641 posts, read 67,296,237 times
Quote:
I hope none of you pretend to be Christian, because the lack of compassion and respect for human dignity is shocking in this thread.
Human Dignity?

You guys sure love to accuse people of intolerance but refuse to even consider why opponents feel the way they do.

A parent who doesnt want a 16 year old boy sharing a locker room with their 16 year old daughter or even worse, sharing a shower, has nothing to do with a lack of compassion.

That you dont understand how the thought of that is offensive to parents is pretty shocking as well.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:36 AM

26 posts, read 28,042 times
Quote:
I hope none of you pretend to be Christian, because the lack of compassion and respect for human dignity is shocking in this thread.
I love these types of responses to a situation like this.

Are you against illegal immigration?

Racist.

Do you want interior immigration sweeps?

Bigot.

Are you a Christian and don't want a boy with an identity crisis sharing a bathroom or locker room with your daughters?

Lack of compassion.

Translation: I have no real or rational argument, but I have to throw something out there to try to justify my beliefs.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:39 AM

26 posts, read 28,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Human Dignity?

You guys sure love to accuse people of intolerance but refuse to even consider why opponents feel the way they do.

A parent who doesnt want a 16 year old boy sharing a locker room with their 16 year old daughter or even worse, sharing a shower, has nothing to do with a lack of compassion.

That you dont understand how the thought of that is offensive to parents is pretty shocking as well.
Hits the nail on the head.

If you disagree with the left, you are intolerant. If they disagree with you, they are "progressive". You have to lockstep (goose step?) to what they want or else you're a bigot, racist or whatever label they come up with.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:13 AM

6,406 posts, read 8,246,952 times
Quote:
The greatest trick and accomplishment of Christianity to date is that they've convinced themselves (and nearly everyone else) that they are the persecuted minority in this country. It's no wonder Christians feel the need to be cruel to others that are different or less fortunate than they are- they see themselves as powerless victims instead of narrow-minded oppressors.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:32 AM

17,390 posts, read 11,928,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashi View Post
In your minds, it's okay for a normal little girl to feel scared and uncomfortable using the anything-goes-because-we-don't-want-anyone-to-be-offended potty at school, but it's a crime against humanity to tell a delusional, mentally sick kid who's confused about his gender "No, we won't pander to your whims." Very telling of how sick and cold the liberal mind is. You'd willingly sacrifice all that's good and decent in the world to pander to a few sick individuals who should be given treatment instead of praise.

I don't doubt I'll see the day when you sickos will be proclaiming pedos as simply living alternative lifestyles worthy of our respect and tolerance. You'll parade out the "I have a good friend/uncle/cousin/coworker" storylines and talk about how difficult it is for them to be what they are, how they struggle every day with it, how we should be tolerant of their plight. It's only a matter of time before we see the hipster-painted murals of the triune Che Guevara, MLK Jr, and Jerry Sandusky.
Particularly since these transgender kids don't have to be in therapy, or seeing a physician, or be diagnosed. Nope, they just have to "think" they're transgender.

When I was a kid, I wanted to "be a boy" because I liked sports. Funny, I outgrew it. But for children who are craving attention, being catered to only rewards their behavior, and they might be less likely to "truly be who they are". Just sayin.......

Old 08-19-2013, 11:07 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,380,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
The greatest trick and accomplishment of Christianity to date is that they've convinced themselves (and nearly everyone else) that they are the persecuted minority in this country. It's no wonder Christians feel the need to be cruel to others that are different or less fortunate than they are- they see themselves as powerless victims instead of narrow-minded oppressors.
YAWN! More liberal application of the intolerance label. Oops! I mean "progressive" of course.

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 08-19-2013 at 12:09 PM..

Old 08-19-2013, 11:37 AM

6,406 posts, read 8,246,952 times
You're right. Christians sure are a tolerant bunch aren't they?

Old 08-19-2013, 11:57 AM

1,297 posts, read 1,814,657 times
This is not well thought out legislation - kids aren't emotionally prepared to make these types of decisions. I dread when lawsuits start because a boy, or girl, is accused of touching someone of the opposite sex or takes and publishes pics from the showers. Parents are legally liable for their kids actions until they are 18 but according to the legislation a child is free to make these decisions on their own. Chaos is almost certain but I will be thrilled if it does turn out to be a non issue.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:18 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,380,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
You're right. Christians sure are a tolerant bunch aren't they?
Nice try at deflection but if you think it isn't transparent and doesn't really work then you're sadly deficient in the smarts department. But of course, that same deficiency is also what makes you over-generalize and paint approximately 2.18 billion Christians with the same broad brush. I know what my church teaches. Don't know who and what you've been talking to but I doubt very much that critical thinking ability and analytical expertise are high on your skill set.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: