Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 08:37 AM

30,702 posts, read 79,387,296 times

Advertisements

My elementary school buddy dressed up as a girl and snuck into the girls locker room in high school (I have moved away and lost touch, but learned about this later). He got kicked out of school permanently and had to go to private school. He would love this law. He just wanted to look at naked girls, but he would be happy to pretend to be transgender to get there. It certainly did not bother him to wear a dress to get a look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 08:39 AM

If my son could row as a girl, he would be on the Olympic team. I hope he does not learn of this law he will want to become transgender for long enough to land a few national championships as a girl, go through college on a scholarship, then he can change back.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:40 AM

26,593 posts, read 26,478,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
why are you surprised that he may show some inclination toward being a girl? Again any psychologist who diagnoses a small child with such a disorder is an idiot.
A psychologist can't diagnose this disorder; a psychiatrist (M.D.) must diagnose it. This goes way beyond identifying with one's sisters. Do some reading.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
It doesn't quite work that way. Transgender people don't "just think" they are the other gender.

None of them? I do not think you can geenralize like that. Transgender people are not all the same.

Why do some of them stop being transgender and just go back to being a guy? Sometimes they even have the surgery reversed - "ooops, make me a boy again please."

There was a house down the street from us for a while where a handful of transgender prostitutes lived. I met a few of them. Some of them really wanted to be a girl and enjoyed their job, two of them just played the girl and dressed up because they could make a lot of money. They planned to be girls until they found some other occupation or got killed. One just said they were confused and this was an easy path for them to figure out who they were (and feed their drug habit).

It seems logical that since there are hermaphrodites, there certainly can be people born with the wrong parts, but there are certainly a lot of "transgender people who are just mess up (frequently due to being molested as a child), who want attention, or just want to be weird. Like hermophrodites, I think people truly born with the wrong parts are really really rare. Although it is popular and PC to argue that they are all born that way, it is simple untrue. I am not really a jump on the bandwagon type of person anyway so I am not going to accept such are clearly unsupportable position just because it is trendy and PC at the moment.

Frankly I think if someone is born with the wrong parts, they probably need to be educated specially with special accommodations for them, just as a child born blind, or with a processing disorder, or with any other rare genetic aberration that makes it impractical to school them with the general population may have to be educated separately so the schools can accommodate their particular needs.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:50 AM

26,593 posts, read 26,478,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Why do some of them stop being transgender and just go back to being a guy? Sometimes they even have the surgery reversed - "ooops, make me a boy again please."
Really? They're required to receive intensive counseling before undergoing any type of hormone therapy or surgery; it's apparently not a casual decision.

Quote:
There was a house down the street from us for a while where a handful of transgender prostitutes lived. Some of them really wanted to be a girl and enjoyed their job, two of them just played the girl and dressed up because they could make a lot of money.
I think you're confusing transvestite prostitutes with transgender people.

Quote:
Although it is popular and PC to argue that they are all born that way, it is simple untrue. I am not really a jump on the bandwagon type of person anyway so I am not going to accept such are clearly unsupportable position just because it is trendy and PC at the moment.
Who's jumping on the bandwagon? Trendy and PC? Most of these people are not well accepted by society.

Think of Chaz (formerly Chastity) Bono. It has to be awful to think that you were born into the wrong body, especially as a child of such famous parents, where every move of yours would be scrutinized. I can't imagine that he ever thought lightly of becoming the opposite gender. His mother, Cher, even had a difficult time accepting it.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:43 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,174,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Did any of you actually read the original link? We're not talking about people who "suddenly change their minds" about their gender. The six year old in this case, born male and a triplet with two sisters, exhibited tendencies toward being female since she was a few months old. She had since been treated as a female, diagnosed with Gender Dysphoria, etc....where does anyone get the idea that these kids are "peeping Toms"?
We are not talking about just this one case, we are talking about the bill that was signed by your governor. It is very hard to determine who is truly transgender and who might decide they are or just think the new law is cool and they will take advantage of it. For those who truly are transgender, do what they did in OR, have a special facility for them.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:20 AM

5,951 posts, read 13,040,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Im not a religious person but I do know homosexuality is forbidden in the bible several times, try reading it sometime.
Passages please??

Old 08-23-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Particularly since these transgender kids don't have to be in therapy, or seeing a physician, or be diagnosed. Nope, they just have to "think" they're transgender.

When I was a kid, I wanted to "be a boy" because I liked sports. Funny, I outgrew it. But for children who are craving attention, being catered to only rewards their behavior, and they might be less likely to "truly be who they are". Just sayin.......
Source?? Have you actually read the whole law??

I wonder that when one side claims the OTHER is radical and destroying society with their extremist ways, they may very well be looking in the mirror.

Its too bad, because I think conservatives have a lot of good, respectable ideas, that I can get on board with, but the knee-jerk reactionism doesn't bode well for their causes and alienates people.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
I was raised in a very religious way but Im not religious anymore. Yet its funny how some "Christians" are these days. You think Jesus would be ok with homosexuals when it clearly forbids it in the bible? Do you remember what happened to the people of Sodom and Gomorrah? It was full of fornicators and homosexuals and God destroyed it and everyone in it. How about the great flood where God basically said these people are beyond help, time to wipe them out and I'll save the only good ones. If you have this PC, hippy mentality that God is nothing but love and loves everyone and Jesus would love everyone these days too, you are horribly wrong.
There is nothing, I mean nothing, in the scriptures - that says Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed because of homosexuals and fornication. This is simply made up tradition. Bible scholars are still under debate, as to what they were doing that incurred the wrath of God. Many Bible scholars think that what they were doing was something more like gang raping travelers and sacrificing them to their gods. But we really have no idea. There a million different interpretations of the Bible.

(in actuality, the probable likely site of Sodom and Gomorrah sits in a volcanically active, fault ridden area on the Dead Sea so it was at risk for devastating natural disasters).

As far as the Great Flood, well there again, The early chronology corresponds the end of the last ice age, where seas were rapidly rising because of shrinking ice sheets around 3,000 years ago, and early Mesopotamian civilizations lived on the low lying floodplains where the most fertile, productive agricultural lands were.

BTW: While you're not religious anymore, I attend Catholic mass nearly every Sunday (about 3/4 of the time).

Last edited by Tex?Il?; 08-23-2013 at 11:48 AM..

Old 08-23-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legal_eagle View Post
I agree that it is morally wrong to reinforce or foster transgenderism and other mental illnesses in children, and the schools are absolutely inappropriate places for such efforts. If people afflicted with this terrible problem decide as adults to "change gender" by mutilating their own bodies, they would have the legal right to do so and call themselves whatever they want at that point, thus freely taking on all that comes with doing so. Even adults who "change gender" and initially think they are finally being their "real" selves come to regret it, sometimes with disasterous results (e.g., sports writer Mike Penner of the L.A. Times).
More conservatives should take a lesson from your articulate, non-reactionary, intelligent posts. Kudos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: