Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 04:40 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,538,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The decrease in illegals has nothing to do with them going back home, they'll never do that as long as the money and welfare handouts is so much easier and bigger than anything they had back home. Many are finding ways to get legal status. All the DACA illegals were handed easy legal status, and many illegals find someone who will marry them at least on paper so they can get green cards.

Or all an illegal has to do to get a U visa is to say they were victims of some kind either back in their own country or here. Many are now demanding refugee status --- and as absurd as it is, they are being given that.

An 11% drop in illegals would more likely reflect how very easily they're being given legal status.
Exactly. Anyone who believes illegals who successfully snuck into the US from Mexico just turned around and headed back to that 3rd world cesspool need to lay off the drugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2013, 04:41 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times
Update: Tennessee has now fallen to #2 ... Louisiana has the top spot.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:42 PM

1,228 posts, read 1,369,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Exactly. Anyone who believes illegals who successfully snuck into the US from Mexico just turned around and headed back to that 3rd world cesspool need to lay off the drugs.
mbell75, is it true that you're so down on California because you live in Anaheim and can't afford the price of admission to Disneyland?

Old 10-05-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Per capita lists are stupid. Portland OR has the most amount of strip clubs per capita then any other state, but who goes to Portland for strip clubs? They are useless. Besides, 6 million in TN and only 4 million in LA. If you are trying to say there are 18 million people in the area of that map, you are nuts.
Interesting you should know that about Portland -- strip clubs ... who follows those type of sex-club stats? Been tested lately?

Per capita lists are stupid? Which is why per capita is used by all statisticians around the world as a baseline for all such comparisons?

By the way, mbell, I wrote -- plain as the nose on your face -- GLAMA population - 18 million ...
Now, just for chuckles, why don't you go back and read your own link ... which says "Los Angeles County".
Now go to any website (I'll link one for ya) with the population for LA County alone ...
Do it say 4 million? Or do they says 9 million?

Los Angeles County, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are the number one funnest poster on CD California forum these days ... I can't wait for your next outburst

Old 10-05-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly1 View Post
mbell75, is it true that you're so down on California because you live in Anaheim and can't afford the price of admission to Disneyland?
lol, nope. I have an annual pass actually.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly1 View Post
And I suppose bringing up things that may be wrong in other states obviates anything that might be wrong with California, right? Somehow the logic of that "my daddy's bigger than your daddy" approach fails me.

There is crime in all states. Much of it can be avoided by carefully selecting where in any particular state you live, especially bypassing most cities like, let's say, Stockton and Oakland, San Bernardino, etc..
And Ghostly, really? You should go back and re-read the chain of responses ... There's nothing about my pointing out Tennessee's dark side that says anything about obviating any problems in California, or anywhere else. What I am pointing out is quite clear: people who live in glass houses should think before they throw stones. Anyone from Tennessee who wants to come to the California forum to bash California would do well to look right in their backyard.

And if your next comeback is that it's a free country and forum to say whatever you wish about anyplace, I agree ... and I just did.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Interesting you should know that about Portland -- strip clubs ... who follows those type of sex-club stats? Been tested lately?

Per capita lists are stupid? Which is why per capita is used by all statisticians around the world as a baseline for all such comparisons?

By the way, mbell, I wrote -- plain as the nose on your face -- GLAMA population - 18 million ...
Now, just for chuckles, why don't you go back and read your own link ... which says "Los Angeles County".
Now go to any website (I'll link one for ya) with the population for LA County alone ...
Do it say 4 million? Or do they says 9 million?

Los Angeles County, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are the number one funnest poster on CD California forum these days ... I can't wait for your next outburst
We were talking about CITIES, not COUNTIES. The CITY of Los Angeles has a bit over 4 million people.

Old 10-05-2013, 05:07 PM

Quote:
We were talking about CITIES, not COUNTIES. The CITY of Los Angeles has a bit over 4 million people.
I'm telling you ... you get funnier by the post ...
The crime stats you quoted and linked were for LA County ... go check your link.
And, furthermore, if we're talking about cities, why are you comparing the city of LA to the state of Tennessee?

Now then, if you want to compare cities, let's do that ...
Memphis, TN - murder rate: 0.18
Los Angeles, CA - murder rate: 0.08

Ummm, that would be LA has less than half the murders per capita as does Memphis.
Memphis TN crime rates and statistics - NeighborhoodScout
Los Angeles crime rates and statistics - NeighborhoodScout

Note also that Memphis has 3x the overall crime per 1000 residents as does Los Angeles ... city to city.

Toodles, until next we meet.

Old 10-05-2013, 05:43 PM

1,228 posts, read 1,369,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
And if your next comeback is that it's a free country and forum to say whatever you wish about anyplace, I agree ... and I just did.
Now why didn't I think of that?

Old 10-05-2013, 06:59 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
Quote:
You can't be this... not smart. Please tell me it's an act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California