Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 12:18 PM
zdg

845 posts, read 1,972,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheektowaga_Chester View Post
Happiness can't buy money.
Ain't that the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2013, 12:24 PM

2,347 posts, read 3,331,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
Vote them ALL OUT. The corruption is so unbelievable that we accept it as normal these days.
Oh heavens no, we can't do that. The person *I* voted for isn't the problem. The person *I* voted for isn't where the corruption is. The person *I* voted for isn't the obstructionist. The person *I* voted for wants to get things done.

It's the other leaders...in the other party....in other districts that other people voted for that you will find the corruption and ineffective obstructionist shenanigans.

So I agree. We need to throw a lot of them out. Just not the ones *I* voted for.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:38 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,558,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
Brinker's third-hour guest was Peter Schweizer, "Extortion: How Politicians Extract Your Money, Buy Votes, and Line Their Own Pockets"

Read the book. You know insider trading is only illegal for you and me. It is LEGAL for Congress.

Vote them ALL OUT. The corruption is so unbelievable that we accept it as normal these days.
It's cute when people express alarm that our pols are owned by special interests. Quaint in a Jimmy Stewart sort of way. But advocating an electoral solution is just beyond silly, bordering on insanity. "Voting the bums" out of office is completely meaningless without meaningful campaign finance reform. The end.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:58 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,037,074 times
Your not going to get meaningful campaign reform when the two parties are dependent on it for staying in power.

Both California and Washington have a top two primary.

If you mad, just vote for another party in the primary. NOT one of the top two. Yeah, its quaint in a Jimmy Stewart way, but things are heading south at a very rapid clip in most of the country. Something needs to change.

We went through this in the late 19th century and for a few short years things changed and then we elected that racist Woodrow Wilson and things fell apart once more.

Oh, Theodore Roosevelt where are you when we need you. Hiding in Alaska??

Old 11-04-2013, 12:34 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,614,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheektowaga_Chester View Post
It's perfectly legal.
I would say highly unethical, and also a conflict of interest. I know for a fact where I work, if a relative of mine were to profit based on a decision I was involved with on behalf of my company, I could be termintated on ethics alone.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:24 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,799,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdg View Post
If you honestly believe that big money is made by "hard work" then you live on a different planet than I do.
For some of us, it has been. And then people like you come along to snatch it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdg View Post
Corruption isn't limited to a political party, a state, a nation, a system, or a species. To be abundantly clear, your post wasn't about "corruption in general," as usual, your post was about how corrupt Feinstein and her husband are because you are a conservative. You just wanted something to complain about and this seemed like low hanging fruit. So let's not try to find a high horse to mount as if your real complaint here was that "all politicians are corrupt."
Did he say it wasn't? Methinks the Leftists are squealing. Feinswine's act is tedious and appallingly transparent. Unfortunately, the Demunists have imported an underclass that will keep her in office until she leaves in a coffin.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:01 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,836,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB1967 View Post

Did he say it wasn't? Methinks the Leftists are squealing. Feinswine's act is tedious and appallingly transparent. Unfortunately, the Demunists have imported an underclass that will keep her in office until she leaves in a coffin.
Carefully put down the Teabag and back away, slowly.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:17 PM

1,228 posts, read 1,368,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
I would say highly unethical, and also a conflict of interest. I know for a fact where I work, if a relative of mine were to profit based on a decision I was involved with on behalf of my company, I could be termintated on ethics alone.
Not if you have no ethics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California