Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2007, 03:23 PM

175 posts, read 1,482,117 times

Advertisements

What can you tell me about Bear Valley Springs? Does everyone there own horses? Do you feel 'out of it' if you don't? What are the people who live there like? Since it's 'gated', do you drown in association fees and the like? I understand there is only one road in or out of the area. Isn't this a problem if there is a wildfire?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 04:12 PM

4 posts, read 19,122 times
Default Bear Valley Springs

Not everyone owns a horse in BVS, though it is an equestrian community (there are horse trails throughout the community, and an equestrian center). I don't have a horse, and am not judged because of that!

We have an assesment each year. Last year is was $1100.00. That gives you access to all of the facilities (golf course, trails, shooting range, RC flying field, etc).

People are generally very friendly. A lot of retirees, so be prepared to slow down on driving. Essentially no crime except some traffic violations, which are usally construction workers working in the community.

There is another back road through the mountains, which is paved part way, and gravel the rest. When it comes to a fire, I just hope the fire dept. can handle it.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:06 PM

175 posts, read 1,482,117 times
So that assessment fee of $1100, that is on top of the other fees you have to pay for the BVS police, roads, maintenance, etc. right?? Kinda what I was afraid of . The houses seem reasonably priced (for California) on paper, but I guess you end up paying all those 'extra' fees for living in a gated community.

Old 01-17-2008, 03:12 PM

Default Bear Valley

That is correct. The amenity fees are seperate from taxes. The additional taxes for BVS is around $400 per year, on top of your regular property taxes for Kern County. You also pay around $66 per month for water and garbage.

It is expensive to live in Bear Valley compared to other communities in Kern County.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:04 PM

Kitty3,
What price range were you looking at? I am getting ready to put my house on the market. Looking at the $365K range. (2192 sq ft, includes guest house, 1.3 acres).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California