Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2014, 02:56 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I am just giddy over the fact that I apparently struck a nerve.

And my entire statement is 100% correct.

California's economy has grown by 1 trillion dollars since the mid 1990s and that is a statistical fact.

In fact, I cant wait for the day when all of these whiny trolls pack up and leave once and for all.

California needs you like we need a cancerous tumor.

Id rather have 10 milliion hard working immigrants than 10 million windbags who are stuck in tje 1950s.

Be gone with you already, we're too busy looking ahead to care.
The above is why I'm one of those whiny trolls that packed up and left. It matters not that your economy grows, if what you spend exceeds your growth.

I didn't want to leave, but UNEMPLOYMENT drove me out. That little uncomfortable truth that Californians like to ignore.

I'm hardly stuck in the 50's, by the way. And I'm definitely hard working. Which is why I chose Texas to move to. And yes, Californians love to hate on Texas, but the fact remains that the economy here is strong, it is hardly the cow town that it is portrayed to be, and Silicon Valley is moving here in droves, as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 04:58 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,561,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson502 View Post
Is this a legitimate response or are you just being a troll?
Asks the guy portending doom for California from another state.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:00 PM

462 posts, read 741,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
Asks the guy portending doom for California from another state.
So making observations = portending doom. Got it. Go back to drinking your koolaid with rainbows and unicorns.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:19 PM

563 posts, read 807,256 times
Regarding corporate taxes (not regulations) take a look at this:

Exemptions Pinch Corporate Income Taxes in California - Bloomberg

Your interpretations please.

Old 03-18-2014, 11:51 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,839,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson502 View Post
So making observations = portending doom.
If the observations are those that portend doom, then, yes.

Question is, why would one who so proudly escaped such awfulness feel so compelled to painstakingly revisit the forum of the doomed state? Is there not enough going on in WA?

Old 03-19-2014, 12:13 AM

462 posts, read 741,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
If the observations are those that portend doom, then, yes.

Question is, why would one who so proudly escaped such awfulness feel so compelled to painstakingly revisit the forum of the doomed state? Is there not enough going on in WA?
Because I grew up there, spent my entire life there (until last year)and my family and friends still live there, so I have an interest in events in CA and keeping track of whats going on in the state. Theres plenty going on in WA, but CA obviously has more content due to its sheer size. Hell LA county by itself has more people in it than OR and WA put together. Regardless if you think im portraying "doom" but CA does has some very serious issues at hand and simply shrugging it off like nothing is happening seems quite intellectually dishonest.

Old 03-19-2014, 11:30 AM

1,298 posts, read 1,822,902 times
Good, many more need to leave! There used to be a poster that was fond of posting how many roads led out of CA and it seems like the number was in the 60's - all should feel free to use one at any time.

Old 03-19-2014, 10:32 PM

224 posts, read 321,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Democrat View Post
Good, many more need to leave! There used to be a poster that was fond of posting how many roads led out of CA and it seems like the number was in the 60's - all should feel free to use one at any time.
who would fund your delusional, collectivist programs though?

Old 03-19-2014, 10:58 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,561,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightfapper View Post
who would fund your delusional, collectivist programs though?
We'll just pickup the next round of Federal transpo funds Gov Skeletor (R., America's Wang) refuses.

Old 03-20-2014, 01:51 AM

224 posts, read 321,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
We'll just pickup the next round of Federal transpo funds Gov Skeletor (R., America's Wang) refuses.
precisely. that's the difference between having one of america's most successful businessmen running a state, versus some communist loser who can't hack it outside government/academia.

good luck with your high speed rail to nowhere, i'm sure it'll get built in 30 years and run billions over budget (just like the new bay bridge), lets see how many ****ups they find in the first year.

i bet people will be flocking to that in droves. i mean why deal with cheap one hour flight that departs from any airport in southern california when you can drive to a train station somewhere, spend the same amount of money and arrive four to six hours later?

we barely have any demand on our tri-rail system from west palm beach to miami (which is actually useful), they almost shut the whole system down a couple years back. high speed rail would have screwed florida.

but it's ok my little cherub, just blame the failures of california on racism, financially conservative people, "sour pusses", etc. start crying because those "evil corporations" relocated a ton of jobs to other states with a substantially higher quality of life and lower cost of doing business.

lmfao!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California