Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 03:57 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,482,823 times

Advertisements

Much obliged.

Los Angeles Times - California, national and world news - latimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 04:14 AM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,265,249 times
Another nice find Monty. (looks like the LA Times moved the story) Boeing plans to increase workforce in Long Beach, Seal Beach - latimes.com

Old 04-11-2014, 11:44 AM

4,156 posts, read 5,559,233 times
How many is that in droves?

Old 04-11-2014, 11:52 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,837,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
How many is that in droves?
None. On these boards, "droves" invariably refers to those good, hardworking frustrated types moving out of the state. But surely a story about good jobs moving here is fiction, no?

Old 04-11-2014, 12:06 PM

21,725 posts, read 16,331,178 times
You guys don't get it do you. These will all turn out to be immigrants and they will live 40 or so together in one bedroom apartments. They will certainly also all work as independent contractors registering their businesses in other states with no income tax. Most of them are also certain to bring unmarried partners that don't work so they can get free state welfare services. And they'll make lots more babies here to increase the take for themselves and burden for the few tax paying Californians left - which actual taxpayers are all planning to move away ASAP in droves to leave these 1000 leeches and their leech families behind with all the illegals.

Get it now?

Old 04-11-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
You guys don't get it do you. These will all turn out to be immigrants and they will live 40 or so together in one bedroom apartments. They will certainly also all work as independent contractors registering their businesses in other states with no income tax. Most of them are also certain to bring unmarried partners that don't work so they can get free state welfare services. And they'll make lots more babies here to increase the take for themselves and burden for the few tax paying Californians left - which actual taxpayers are all planning to move away ASAP in droves to leave these 1000 leeches and their leech families behind with all the illegals.

Get it now?
Oh, you must be referring to the "ALIENS". You know, the ones who are beneath being referred to as actual humans?

Maybe Boeing is investing in alien technologies.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:26 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,621,019 times
Quote:

Get it now?
Exactly! There are definitely a lot of highly educated illegal engineers out there

Old 04-11-2014, 01:42 PM

21,725 posts, read 16,331,178 times
Yes. Well, if anyone asked me i'd say the whole engineering profession should be illegal itself. Anyone who has ever tried to fix their own car let alone make their computer behave can give me an amen on that.

Of course, no one's asking me so I just have to spout off on my on about it.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Yes. Well, if anyone asked me i'd say the whole engineering profession should be illegal itself. Anyone who has ever tried to fix their own car let alone make their computer behave can give me an amen on that.

Of course, no one's asking me so I just have to spout off on my on about it.
If things were made to be understandable to the average consumer, there wouldn't be so many...wait for it...JOBS! Kind of like your auto mechanic: "Wow, how did you fix that?"
"I'd tell ya, but I'd have to kill ya."

Old 04-11-2014, 06:47 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,484,481 times
This is cracking me up. What will happen, I think, is that the engineers who moved to CA for work, and now spew about how people are leaving the state in "droves," will be thoroughly p*ssed that some legal aliens from WA will be moved here to take these cherry engineering jobs lol!

I lived in WA state for a long time, and Boeing jobs have always been a crap shoot. You gamble that they won't lay you off with hundreds of others just as you get settled into the job, and your mortgage and the kids in school, etc. And a lot of them train specifically for a job they can't perform anywhere else, but they take this gamble because of the pay.

Having Boeing in town, does not stabilize the town economically - at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California