Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city do you like best?
LA 25 25.77%
San Francisco 25 25.77%
San Diego 25 25.77%
Sacramento 18 18.56%
Fresno 4 4.12%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 02:22 PM

496 posts, read 574,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Gentilly View Post
Is L.A. County really that much of a crappy place to live? I mean I understand its overly crowded. But I see a pattern of people saying how much L.A. sucks. I'm trying my hardest to squeeze valuable, unbiased information out of these forums, though its quite difficult sifting through the booster/bully banter...
no its really not! lol its sad how much hate LA gets....i mean i guess its cuz we have everything here from a urban vibe to a laid back vibe I really dont think any other county in CA has that...let alone America. ALSO we are so popularized in all of the media for its good parts and its bad parts. So much of LA is known to everyone by the television, while many have not even visited. Or if they have visited, they only saw hollywood and beverly hills. Oh and many people's impression of LA's ghettos are based of off rumor and media...I have been in LA all my life. I have nothing but great things to say about it. Always thought it was the center of the universe lol (at least my universe).....I have been to the OC many times, and yes much of it is very suburban and neat...but thats it....and I have been to SF a bunch of times....and while it is mostly urban and alive, thats pretty much all of it..no laid back parts..yes the scenery is amazing with the golden gate bridge, but the weather was FREEZING in july!!!! and I dont have that much experience with SD, (for some reason, its never really on LA's radar...not to be mean, but that is just what i have realized)....but my experience in SD was nice.... pretty scenery with it being on the water....the downtown was very nice....( i think because it is the center of urban life for SD...while LA's downtown is not)....the vibe was more laid back and not as crowded obviously as it has way less people than the LA area...BUT i think i would get bored after a while with LA as a comparison...remember, when people say LA, you dont know if they are referring to the actual city limits of LA OR all parts of LA including the valley (which has most the city limits anyway for those who didnt know) and other cities like Pasadena, Burbank, Santa Monica, Malibu, and all of the South Bay with Palos Verdes and the super nice beach cities which comprise LA as well.....so PLEASE do not get hung up on this LA hate.....most of it is bogus and unfounded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 11:52 AM

10,078 posts, read 15,853,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
It's all about perspective, SoCal is way overcrowded for someone who really wants quiet secluded beaches. And it's not like SoCal ocean water is warm; it's pretty darn cold to someone from Florida, Hawaii, or east coast in the summer.
No way. Our beach just north of County Line is a small cove along PCH. In the summer there's usually a dozen other people one the half mile or so long beach. In the winter, it's usually us and maybe 2-3 others... Speaking of beaches in the winter - that's not happening in Northern CA unless you are a dedicated surfer withe a strong wet suit.

Old 12-04-2014, 02:28 PM

24,404 posts, read 26,946,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
No way. Our beach just north of County Line is a small cove along PCH. In the summer there's usually a dozen other people one the half mile or so long beach. In the winter, it's usually us and maybe 2-3 others... Speaking of beaches in the winter - that's not happening in Northern CA unless you are a dedicated surfer withe a strong wet suit.
Going in the ocean ANYWHERE in California is not going to happen unless you are a dedicated surfer or was raised in that environment. However, sun tanning in SoCal is much better.

Old 12-04-2014, 02:34 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,853,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Going in the ocean ANYWHERE in California is not going to happen unless you are a dedicated surfer or was raised in that environment. However, sun tanning in SoCal is much better.
Well I was raised in that environment, so I guess I can't refute you.

Old 12-08-2014, 07:11 AM

37 posts, read 52,424 times
San Francisco, the best city in the state <3

Old 12-08-2014, 07:25 AM

37 posts, read 52,424 times
Which neighborhood from SF is the best? For me is the one I live, Nob Hill.

Old 12-08-2014, 11:40 PM

1,640 posts, read 2,656,133 times
Long Beach.

Old 12-09-2014, 05:04 AM

64 posts, read 99,189 times
Beverly Hills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California