U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-04-2014, 11:51 PM
 
96 posts, read 149,685 times
Reputation: 106

Advertisements

Just a short list of WHY California continues to be THE place where many many people want to live if they could afford it without sacrificing their living standards

Wealth Distribution By State
California #1
Pie Chart of the Day: Wealth Distribution By State - Insider Monkey

Highest Median household Income
California #10
List of U.S. states by income - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Size of Economy
California #1
List of U.S. states by GDP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Happiest States
California #17
Top 10 Happiest States: Did Yours Make The List? - Forbes

Most Innovative States
California #2
Top 20 Most Innovative States: Digital Bragging Rights - Bloomberg

The Greenest States
California is #14
America's Greenest States - Forbes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-05-2014, 05:34 PM
 
Location: Boulder Creek, CA
9,197 posts, read 14,014,928 times
Reputation: 6327
The weather is nice, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2014, 05:38 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
12,289 posts, read 7,956,903 times
Reputation: 6464
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
The weather is nice, too.
You mean I can ski and surf in the same day?!?!?!!111
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2014, 05:48 PM
 
12,825 posts, read 20,129,272 times
Reputation: 10910
Great place for people with money and the working poor. Middle class? Not so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2014, 06:16 PM
 
Location: Boulder Creek, CA
9,197 posts, read 14,014,928 times
Reputation: 6327
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
You mean I can ski and surf in the same day?!?!?!!111
You can, but it's a rather laborious undertaking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2017, 03:26 PM
 
Location: San Diego CA>Tijuana, BC>San Antonio, TX
4,172 posts, read 4,153,062 times
Reputation: 3469
Because Gerry Brown says so! The greatest song ever written about Gerry Brown.


"California Uber Alles"

I am Governor Jerry Brown
My aura smiles
And never frowns
Soon I will be president...

Carter Power will soon go away
I will be Fuhrer one day
I will command all of you
Your kids will meditate in school
Your kids will meditate in school!

[Chorus:]
California Uber Alles
California Uber Alles
Uber Alles California
Uber Alles California

Zen fascists will control you
100% natural
You will jog for the master race
And always wear the happy face

Close your eyes, can't happen here
Big Bro' on white horse is near
The hippies won't come back you say
Mellow out or you will pay
Mellow out or you will pay!

[Chorus]

Now it is 1984
Knock-knock at your front door
It's the suede/denim secret police
They have come for your uncool niece

Come quietly to the camp
You'd look nice as a drawstring lamp
Don't you worry, it's only a shower
For your clothes here's a pretty flower.

DIE on organic poison gas
Serpent's egg's already hatched
You will croak, you little clown
When you mess with President Brown
When you mess with President Brown


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoA_zY6tqQw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2017, 04:14 PM
 
Location: Earth
17,446 posts, read 23,941,374 times
Reputation: 7271
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
Great place for people with money and the working poor. Middle class? Not so much.
If anything an even worse place for the working poor than for the middle class. California is just a state for the wealthy nowadays (admittedly there are parts of the state that are less bad than SoCal and the Bay.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2017, 05:03 PM
 
4,314 posts, read 2,683,680 times
Reputation: 2427
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
If anything an even worse place for the working poor than for the middle class. California is just a state for the wealthy nowadays (admittedly there are parts of the state that are less bad than SoCal and the Bay.)
Arcata ca
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2017, 05:43 PM
 
17,524 posts, read 10,605,246 times
Reputation: 8431
Quote:
Originally Posted by somersetguy View Post
Just a short list of WHY California continues to be THE place where many many people want to live if they could afford it without sacrificing their living standards

Wealth Distribution By State
California #1
Pie Chart of the Day: Wealth Distribution By State - Insider Monkey

Highest Median household Income
California #10
List of U.S. states by income - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Size of Economy
California #1
List of U.S. states by GDP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Happiest States
California #17
Top 10 Happiest States: Did Yours Make The List? - Forbes

Most Innovative States
California #2
Top 20 Most Innovative States: Digital Bragging Rights - Bloomberg

The Greenest States
California is #14
America's Greenest States - Forbes
True, but it doesn't mean they can move to CA.

The many are people with good jobs or a very nice bank account.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2017, 08:54 PM
 
63 posts, read 28,956 times
Reputation: 136
You forgot the high cost of living, high taxes, traffic, homeless problems, crumbling infrastructure, pension liabilities, earthquakes, wildfires, hostility to opposing views.

Yes, I get know of the many positives as I spent 43 of my first 51 years as a California resident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top