Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 10:05 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,448,062 times

Advertisements

"One state senator was charged with conspiring to traffic in arms from the Philippines, and taking bribes from undercover F.B.I. agents including one who posed as a marijuana dealer. Another was accused of taking bribes from federal agents impersonating Hollywood film executives. And a third was convicted of perjury and voter fraud after lying about where he lived when he ran for office."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/04/us...dals.html?_r=0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2014, 12:36 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,537,940 times
Well thats what you get when you have worthless illegals and uneducated minorities voting purely based on emotion. Just another reason to leave this rotten state.

Old 05-12-2014, 12:41 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Well thats what you get when you have worthless illegals and uneducated minorities voting purely based on emotion. Just another reason to leave this rotten state.
I have to admit that one of the most eye opening truths since I moved here is seeing that the CA voters are not very bright at the polls or about the issues. They allow themselves to be duped very easily without question.

Old 05-12-2014, 12:46 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,537,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
I have to admit that one of the most eye opening truths since I moved here is seeing that the CA voters are not very bright at the polls or about the issues. They allow themselves to be duped very easily without question.
This state REALLY needs to be split at least in two, if not three separate states. That way, the illegals and all the garbage on welfare can have their own state to ruin and the rest of us can have our own and try to get back what was once a great state.

Old 05-12-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
This state REALLY needs to be split at least in two, if not three separate states. That way, the illegals and all the garbage on welfare can have their own state to ruin and the rest of us can have our own and try to get back what was once a great state.
Not to mention the ones who have figured out how to milk the disability system. That could be the 3rd section of the split.

Old 05-12-2014, 02:42 PM

21,737 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:
Sure. Californians are different from all other people in other states in this regard. Take, for example, the voters of Texas. Time after time affirming their relative brilliance by getting a guy like Rick Perry into top office.

Old 05-12-2014, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Sure. Californians are different from all other people in other states in this regard. Take, for example, the voters of Texas. Time after time affirming their relative brilliance by getting a guy like Rick Perry into top office.
LOL at least slick Rick has not bankrupted the State of TX. And slick Rick as dumb and embarrassing as he can be promotes a favorable business climate for TX. I'm pretty sure he won't be there next round.

But hey what does it really matter we are discussing CA voters here not TX voters and TX is doing just fine even with ole slick Rick.

Now back to CA since that is the topic of this thread.

And you guys voted for Brown twice

You guys fell for Prop 30?

And look at these 3 CA Senators!
  • One state senator was charged with conspiring to traffic in arms from the Philippines, and taking bribes from undercover F.B.I. agents including one who posed as a marijuana dealer.
  • Another was accused of taking bribes from federal agents impersonating Hollywood film executives.
  • And a third was convicted of perjury and voter fraud after lying about where he lived when he ran for office.
How's that working for you?

Old 05-12-2014, 07:09 PM

21,737 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:
LOL at least slick Rick has not bankrupted the State of TX. And slick Rick as dumb and embarrassing as he can be promotes a favorable business climate for TX. I'm pretty sure he won't be there next round.

But hey what does it really matter we are discussing CA voters here not TX voters and TX is doing just fine even with ole slick Rick.

Now back to CA since that is the topic of this thread.

And you guys voted for Brown twice

You guys fell for Prop 30?

And look at these 3 CA Senators!
  • One state senator was charged with conspiring to traffic in arms from the Philippines, and taking bribes from undercover F.B.I. agents including one who posed as a marijuana dealer.
  • Another was accused of taking bribes from federal agents impersonating Hollywood film executives.
  • And a third was convicted of perjury and voter fraud after lying about where he lived when he ran for office.
How's that working for you?
I'm sorry. What state is bankrupt?
What state is the nation's leader in business?

We are discussing California's political corruption. Your thread. Now you claim it is about California voters. Ok. That too. And all things in the universe are relative - to other things - like, oh, say, other states' voters. The question is always: compared to what? California voters are stupid compared to what? Voters who elect leadership like, oh say, Rick Perry? Ted Cruz? Louie Gohmert? Tom DeLay?

And speaking of DeLay and corruption, you do realize that Texas ranks much higher for political corruption on a per capita basis than California, don't you? In fact, per capita, California ranks 48th out of 54 states and territories, at 1.6 convictions for every million residents per year - whereas Texas ranks 32 with 2.6 per million annual convictions.

So, how's that working for Texas?

My point, however, isn't about Texas vs. California. My point is to point out how patently stupid it is to suggest that voters are any more stupid one place than another. Do you think Californians are biologically different from the rest of humanity? The natives born with low IQ's and transplants to the state (including you?) suddenly drop 50 points in IQ when they arrive at the state border?

Interesting that "stupid Californians" manage to corner some of the world's finest real estate, greatest amount of venture capital investment, run the world's 8th largest GDP, lead the entire planet in innovation, etc etc. Wouldn't you expect the really smart people to know how to commandeer and control "stupid people"? So why haven't really smart people taken control of "stupid Californians"?

And finally, yeah? What about people voting for Brown? Think he's doing a bad job do you? Heh.

Old 05-12-2014, 07:25 PM

Go away negative poster who can't keep to the topic. You are old news.

The voters are more ignorant in this state because they have allowed their personal freedoms as well as income to be taken from them in the form of higher taxes.

They allow themselves to be duped by the Union run political adds.

They allow themselves to be duped over and over and over and do not learn from it.

Duped on Prop 30 for example

Duped on electing someone just because they have a D in front of their name.

Look at these 3 D-bags that were elected to the State Senate...just because they have a D for their running platform.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/04/us...dals.html?_r=0

And let me stand corrected. I am not speaking about ALL the CA voters because not all of them allow themselves to be duped.

This state does not have a shortage of money coming in...never allow any political add or politician tell you this. This state is full of corrupt politicians who have huge spending issues.

Last edited by TVC15; 05-12-2014 at 07:42 PM..

Old 05-12-2014, 07:45 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,162,600 times
This the danger of one party rule. Who polices the police?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California