Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 01:10 AM

2,821 posts, read 3,512,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
You need to educate yourself on how research and the census include illegals.
Unauthorized Immigrants: How Pew Research Counts Them and What We Know About Them | Pew Research Center
You need to educate yourself on the fact that these are all ESTIMATES, not actual numbers. I can pretty much guarantee you you can add a few million to whatever the ESTIMATES are because I can assure you, there are a TON who cross the border every day and shack up with friends or relatives that the government has no clue about
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2014, 04:36 PM

702 posts, read 947,797 times
This is the problem with a transportation system based solely on private cars - our fellow humans become our enemies, our competition, each one lowering our quality of life. Traffic wouldn't be nearly as bad, perhaps not an issue at all, if we had built extensive subway and streetcar systems in tandem with the highway network. Vote for public transit measures.

With regards to jobs - if an unskilled laborer speaking broken English took your job... That sounds like a personal problem.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:51 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,420,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketch89 View Post
With regards to jobs - if an unskilled laborer speaking broken English took your job... That sounds like a personal problem.
Exactly, it just means you were replaceable and couldn't make things happen for yourself.

Old 05-18-2014, 05:06 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,420,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsavoury Testicles View Post
At the end of the day America secretly loves California.

We pretty much encourage/ship the dregs of our societies over to the left coast, to the "golden state". You guys are a giant dump for our undesirables.

Just like how Castro emptied the prisons and mental hospitals

Good riddance!
Its a good day for trolling eh?

Old 05-18-2014, 06:07 PM

21,564 posts, read 16,062,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
You need to educate yourself on the fact that these are all ESTIMATES, not actual numbers. I can pretty much guarantee you you can add a few million to whatever the ESTIMATES are because I can assure you, there are a TON who cross the border every day and shack up with friends or relatives that the government has no clue about
You want me to accept your "assurances" about who and how many do this and that. Yet you provide no proof.. No methodology. And we don't know who you are, you're anonymous. I provided you hard information from credible agencies with very successful track records over many many years, upon whose work much of the nation's businesses and politics relies for integrity and accuracy.

These researchers and the government "have no clue" - but YOU do? Right.

Old 05-18-2014, 06:13 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,041,227 times
Yes, shut the door as soon as we get there next month!! Keep them fariners out too!!

Old 05-18-2014, 06:14 PM

We'll leave the light on for ya, as Tom Bodett useta say.
Douse it when you get in.

Old 05-19-2014, 02:39 AM

2,821 posts, read 3,512,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
You want me to accept your "assurances" about who and how many do this and that. Yet you provide no proof.. No methodology. And we don't know who you are, you're anonymous. I provided you hard information from credible agencies with very successful track records over many many years, upon whose work much of the nation's businesses and politics relies for integrity and accuracy.

These researchers and the government "have no clue" - but YOU do? Right.
Use some common sense. A few illegal immigrants have an apartment or house and pay bills. Then they have friends or family cross the border illegally to live with them but these people have no names on bills, no ID, no job etc....how does the government know they are here? They have no clue. I can guarantee you the vast majority of illegals are in a situation exactly like this. Other illegals living with them completely off the grid and not a part of these Census numbers.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Use some common sense. A few illegal immigrants have an apartment or house and pay bills. Then they have friends or family cross the border illegally to live with them but these people have no names on bills, no ID, no job etc....how does the government know they are here? They have no clue. I can guarantee you the vast majority of illegals are in a situation exactly like this. Other illegals living with them completely off the grid and not a part of these Census numbers.
Ok. I'm gonna rethink this at your suggestion. Who to believe.

On the one hand I have extremely deep statistics and data and information gathered and analyzed by organizations with over 45 years experience in proven methodologies executed by the leaders in the field - whose work over the years has a proven track record of excellence verified by big business and political and public policy interests.

On the other hand I have the angry, unverified rantings of a bitter, anonymous internet poster expressing stereotyping and regurgitating ideological blather promulgated by ideological extremes.

Boy. This is a tough one. You're gonna have to give me a little more time to process this before I answer.

Old 05-19-2014, 03:11 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,274,772 times
Other than the Bay Area (and who knows how long it will last), most areas of this state appear to be headed for Rust-Belt-style negative growth. Gotta hand it to slow/no-growthers, xenophobes and other Malthusian types. They used fear to put in place policies we now "enjoy."

To be fair, it is not just the policies. Macroeconomics have played a role. And also, the populations that would be candidates for emigration from their current lands are less and less eager to come to the US let alone this state, given the opportunities they now have where they already area. Finally there is the looming global inflection point where world wide fecundity falls beneath 2.3 kids per couple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California