Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 07:11 AM

105 posts, read 481,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missionhome View Post
I think most Californians wouldn't even know where Scranton is or anything about it. I just know it is the city where the Office takes place. I love that show!
It's funny you say that because when I first moved to Mountain View, CA (Moffett Field Base- Dad is in the Navy) majority of my friends had no idea where Maryland was. I was shocked!!! I had to ask them, "Don't you guys have geography or social studies classes here?" I actually had to pull out a map and show my friends where Maryland was. It's like some Californians only know about the states boardering the Pacific coast and some of the mid-west. The rest of the country doesn't even exist to them. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2007, 07:18 AM

26,338 posts, read 93,537,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateTae View Post
It's like some Californians only know about the states boardering the Pacific coast and some of the mid-west. The rest of the country doesn't even exist to them. LOL
This may provide some additional clues:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE

Old 12-13-2007, 08:13 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,413,196 times
I love this 911 call. A "highly intelligent" woman from San Clemente right here in south Orange County calls 911 because her fast food isn't made right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNXNV3kzTCs

Old 12-14-2007, 09:28 AM

105 posts, read 481,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missionhome View Post
I love this 911 call. A "highly intelligent" woman from San Clemente right here in south Orange County calls 911 because her fast food isn't made right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNXNV3kzTCs
Now that's funny. What an idiot. LOL

Old 12-15-2007, 05:47 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,150,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateTae View Post
It's funny you say that because when I first moved to Mountain View, CA (Moffett Field Base- Dad is in the Navy) majority of my friends had no idea where Maryland was. I was shocked!!! I had to ask them, "Don't you guys have geography or social studies classes here?" I actually had to pull out a map and show my friends where Maryland was. It's like some Californians only know about the states boardering the Pacific coast and some of the mid-west. The rest of the country doesn't even exist to them. LOL
Hey, I moved to California from Maryland in 1985 and I can top that. I once went to northwestern Arkansas (beautiful part of the country, btw) to visit some friends of my college sweetheart's, and met a young woman there who didn't even know there was a state NAMED Maryland, let alone where it was.

Old 12-17-2007, 01:49 AM

130 posts, read 171,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbug View Post
Hey, I moved to California from Maryland in 1985 and I can top that. I once went to northwestern Arkansas (beautiful part of the country, btw) to visit some friends of my college sweetheart's, and met a young woman there who didn't even know there was a state NAMED Maryland, let alone where it was.

Yes...I understand... When I FIRST moved to Southern Californai ('83) people asked me "Oh, you're from New England...It's that in Boston?"

Now I moved back (basically) to the Central NY Region...People say, "San Diego? Isn't that in LA?"

Old 12-17-2007, 04:45 AM

26,338 posts, read 93,537,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham Sandwich View Post
Yes...I understand... When I FIRST moved to Southern Californai ('83) people asked me "Oh, you're from New England...It's that in Boston?"

Now I moved back (basically) to the Central NY Region...People say, "San Diego? Isn't that in LA?"
To which you should reply: "Sort of, Los Angeles is a little east of Reno." (It is. Look at a map.)

Old 10-06-2013, 07:01 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,365,166 times
This is too humorous to lie fallow. The big question is, have the masses gotten any smarter in the last seven years?

Old 11-25-2014, 12:53 AM

1,320 posts, read 2,688,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
I never understood why folks who hate the Northeast have to bash it in multiple different forums all the time. Don't we have a horrible enough reputation the way it is? I don't even want to know what folks in CA think of Scranton!
You probably don't want to know what some people in Central Bucks think of Scranton...

Old 11-25-2014, 12:57 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,793,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip kid View Post
You probably don't want to know what some people in Central Bucks think of Scranton...
To say nothing of what some folks in Scranton think of CA!

[Hint: we don't care]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California