Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 05:51 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times

Advertisements

My friend sent me this joke, and I thought I'd pass it along to the Californians here... I had to clean it up a bit, and please excuse the use of "Cali" - LOL.

I am from CALIFORNIA which means:

- I know what Tri-Tip is.

- Our chicks are WAAAYY hotter than yours.

- I say "like" and "for sure" and "siiick" and "dude" and "totally" and "peace out" and "chill" and "tight" and "bro" and "holla" and "hella" and "faded" and "stoked" and "fo sho" and I say them often.

- I know what real cheese & avocados taste like.

- I don't get snowdays off because theres only snow in Mammoth, Tahoe, Shasta, and Big Bear.

- I can wear sandals all year long.

- I go to the Beach - not "down to the shore".

- I know 65 mph really means 100.

- When someone cuts me off, they get the horn and the finger and high speed chase cause we dont mess around on the road.

- The drinking age is 21 but everyone starts at 14 (legally 18 if you live close enough to the border).

- You judge people based on what area code they live in, and when asked where you're from, you give your area code.

- I might get looked at funny by locals when I'm on vacation in their state, but when they find out I'm from California I turn into a Greek GOD.

- We don't stop at stop signs. We do a "California Roll"
No cop no stop, baby!

- I can get fresh and REAL Mexican food 24 hours a day.

- All the TV shows you "other" states watch get filmed here.

- We're the Golden State. Not the Cheese State. Not the Garden State.....GOLDEN!!!

- We have In-N-Out (Arizona and Vegas are lucky we share that with them).

- I have the most representation in the House of Representatives.

- The best athletes come from Cali.

- Every good band comes from Cali.

- We call it soda, not pop.

- We have 3 NFL teams: Raiders, 49er's, Chargers.

- We also have 5 MLB teams: Giants, A's, Padre's, Dodger's, and Angel's
No other state can claim that!

- Other countries hate the united states but they love us.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:49 PM

130 posts, read 173,105 times
Lol... except for the driving and drinking references (in 20 years, I didn't experience this..), it's pretty close... But ya gotta love it! C'mon... We ARE the coolest state (oops, I'm no longer part of it...)...

Old 12-12-2007, 06:57 PM

718 posts, read 2,688,111 times
i dont see anything about weed

Old 12-12-2007, 09:01 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,343,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skatealoneskatetogether View Post
i dont see anything about weed
there was something about how we call it getting faded. i didn't know we were the only ones that say that.

one thing that can be added about weed is, "you can't remember is pot/dope/weed/bud is illegal or legal." i forgot it was illegal until a few weeks ago when they busted some kids at my high school with it.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:37 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,197,803 times
It forgot to mention that with the exception of San Francisco, a good Italian restaurant is just like a needle in a hay stack. Hard to find.lol

Old 12-13-2007, 02:30 PM

676 posts, read 3,075,810 times
That thing is so true! Even though I am getting old I still speak with so much slang. I get such weird looks now that I live in NC when I say things like gnarly, killer or stoked. I must sound like a fool, but I am a complete born and raised beach girl. I am getting so homesick and practically everything on that list is the reason why. I am so bitter buying avacados for $2 when all of my friends always had trees! I finally bought one orange for $1 the other day because it had almost been one year since I have had one. It was so not the same and actually made me sad. I refuse to buy lemons and it is about killing me. In CA I never gave produce a thought and now I fantasize about all of the fresh stuff I could just pick off my trees. We finally have the butcher cutting us tri-tips at Costco, but he still trims way too much fat off and we have to buy like 7 roasts at a time! Forget about Mexican food. I think I miss the food as much as the beach.....I honestly thought I was over the rat race of CA, but now I am missing everything down to the frickin' lemons....

Old 12-13-2007, 09:33 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,168,897 times
Quote:
- Other countries hate the united states but they love us.
Haha! My dad and I talk about this all the time. It does seem like other countries really like California despite their dislike for the US.

Old 12-14-2007, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham Sandwich View Post
Lol... except for the driving and drinking references (in 20 years, I didn't experience this..), it's pretty close... But ya gotta love it! C'mon... We ARE the coolest state (oops, I'm no longer part of it...)...
LOL... and unfortunately I have experienced the drinking and driving stuff, as recently as yesterday (the driving part). I was taking my roommate, who just moved here from Ohio & FL, downtown for lunch... we got dangerously cut-off by another car, so I laid on the horn, flipped him off & rode his a$$ until my roomie started to look scared. I apologized, backed off, and said "welcome to California!"

Old 12-14-2007, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Haha! My dad and I talk about this all the time. It does seem like other countries really like California despite their dislike for the US.
Sad but true! When I travel abroad, they'll often give me a dirty look or start to lecture, until I say exactly where I'm from... not sure whether to feel proud or ashamed in those situations.

Old 12-14-2007, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
there was something about how we call it getting faded. i didn't know we were the only ones that say that.

one thing that can be added about weed is, "you can't remember is pot/dope/weed/bud is illegal or legal." i forgot it was illegal until a few weeks ago when they busted some kids at my high school with it.
Yeah, I've heard that joke too - LOL! It's actually legal for me (medical prescription), so I often forget it isn't for everyone else... my friends & I were recently smoking on the street, and they asked if it was okay - I was like "what do you mean? Of course it is!" I wasn't really lying, since they don't care either way in San Francisco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California