Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 12:50 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times

Advertisements

California residents be aware...

They are looking to seize on the recent shootings.

Please read through some of this. Let's just say this is a very aggressive gun control measure. Example...

Your neighbor could submit an application requesting your guns be taken away.

If you don't want this, you better speak up loudly. Criminals will not be following these laws. If you do want this, you probably won't have to do anything - the state will gladly pass this through and make it a law.

TEXT: California AB 1014

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 01:49 AM

2,821 posts, read 3,537,940 times
Gotta love these garbage Democrats who let no tragedy go to waste as they sensationalize it to further push their agendas. Truly disgusting. Plenty of great info here on how to oppose it and how to contact your local legislators.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/f...splay.php?f=71

Old 05-31-2014, 07:28 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Gotta love these garbage Democrats who let no tragedy go to waste as they sensationalize it to further push their agendas. Truly disgusting. Plenty of great info here on how to oppose it and how to contact your local legislators.

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism - Calguns.net
Yes that is a good general purpose link about gun laws and politics in California.

Here is a better one thou that addresses this stupid knee jerk psychopantic hoplophobe mess of *******ian legislation.

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/act/california/ab1014/

Old 05-31-2014, 09:50 AM

133 posts, read 274,785 times
Ummm, I don't see an issue, I own a couple guns and have a CCW permit that covers two of my pistols. From what I understand this would only affect people perceived as a threat to themselves and others, pending a case before a judge/magistrate. I don't see how this would pose a issue or additional barrier for me or my friends.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:52 AM

21,735 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krispytopher View Post
Ummm, I don't see an issue, I own a couple guns and have a CCW permit that covers two of my pistols. From what I understand this would only affect people perceived as a threat to themselves and others, pending a case before a judge/magistrate. I don't see how this would pose a issue or additional barrier for me or my friends.
Geezuz! An intelligent post! What the hell is that doing HERE?

Old 05-31-2014, 10:33 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
To me, the point is that the matter of gun ownership becomes a subjective matter instead of a legal matter.

In other words, you could offend me... I could submit you as a hazard that I recommend to have you guns taken away. Then it's a judicial matter. Maybe they review your records, email, cell phone contacts, internet use at home, etc. and say that you are a threat... And they remove your guns.

Sounds plausible from what I read in the bill.

Old 05-31-2014, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Did you not read the bill? Lets say you have an argument with your neighbor about something stupid. He considers you to be threatening, knows you own guns and contacts the police. Well guess what, under this bill, he can make a request your guns be taken away because he feels threatened by you now. Then the cops come out and pay you a visit and start snooping around asking you questions about your mental stability. This opens up a whole can of worms and starts down a road you don't want to see as a gun owner.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:41 PM

133 posts, read 274,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Did you not read the bill? Lets say you have an argument with your neighbor about something stupid. He considers you to be threatening, knows you own guns and contacts the police. Well guess what, under this bill, he can make a request your guns be taken away because he feels threatened by you now. Then the cops come out and pay you a visit and start snooping around asking you questions about your mental stability. This opens up a whole can of worms and starts down a road you don't want to see as a gun owner.
I read parts of the bill, not its entirety, however you are coming across as very paranoid. I own several guns, I own a CCW, to acquire the guns and my permit I passed a safety test, waited 10 days, got a back round check, had to use four character references, write a letter to the chief of police, do finger prints, take a class, a 15 page application and do an accuracy test, probably forgetting one or two things. My guns are either on my hip, or in my safe, if I got into a fight with a neighbor and the cops show up with an understanding of the fifty hoops I went through to legally attain my guns plus the fact they are in a secure location, will most likely cause them to laugh and leave. A disgruntle neighbor will NOT result in me loosing my guns. It would be clear to the police that I pose no threat to myself of others and if for some reason they were mistaken then a judge gets the final say in the matter, I think the rap sheet I just listed plus my very good relations with the local police (as part of my CCW and it's renewals plus any legal questions I occasionally have) will result in this whole thing being a non-issue.

Overly paranoid individuals that think, "oh noes they be coming for me guns!!" Give us responsible gun owners a bad name, there is nothing I read (which I looked at a fair amount) that would pose any problems for me, and I live in rather decent size city, nor would it affect the guns I have that got "grandfatherd" in. If you honestly have reason to fear/suspect that your neighbor is going to try and get your weapons taken away and he may succeed, then you have pre existing conditions and probably shouldn't be a gun owner anyway. Us legal/law abiding citizens will carry on with no worries.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:44 PM

21,735 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Uh, can we get an amen!

Old 05-31-2014, 09:21 PM

Quote:
I read parts of the bill, not its entirety, however you are coming across as very paranoid. I own several guns, I own a CCW, to acquire the guns and my permit I passed a safety test, waited 10 days, got a back round check, had to use four character references, write a letter to the chief of police, do finger prints, take a class, a 15 page application and do an accuracy test, probably forgetting one or two things. My guns are either on my hip, or in my safe, if I got into a fight with a neighbor and the cops show up with an understanding of the fifty hoops I went through to legally attain my guns plus the fact they are in a secure location, will most likely cause them to laugh and leave. A disgruntle neighbor will NOT result in me loosing my guns. It would be clear to the police that I pose no threat to myself of others and if for some reason they were mistaken then a judge gets the final say in the matter, I think the rap sheet I just listed plus my very good relations with the local police (as part of my CCW and it's renewals plus any legal questions I occasionally have) will result in this whole thing being a non-issue.

Overly paranoid individuals that think, "oh noes they be coming for me guns!!" Give us responsible gun owners a bad name, there is nothing I read (which I looked at a fair amount) that would pose any problems for me, and I live in rather decent size city, nor would it affect the guns I have that got "grandfatherd" in. If you honestly have reason to fear/suspect that your neighbor is going to try and get your weapons taken away and he may succeed, then you have pre existing conditions and probably shouldn't be a gun owner anyway. Us legal/law abiding citizens will carry on with no worries.
I have no problems with making sure mentally ill people do not get to buy guns, but this bill is very poorly written and needs to be re-written. Its a knee-jerk reaction to what happened at USCB. As usual, the pathetic Democrats are falling all over each other in a rush to get more anti-gun bills out within days after an incident. Each anti-gun bill is a victory for the anti-gunners and the closer we get to an all out ban. You are very foolish to think otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California