Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 01:59 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,160,638 times

Advertisements

California native a few generations back, have lived all over socal.... but aside from some language habits and a few generalities, not very many fit. Is that why I moved? Or did my inner midwest want to come out. (note: Oklahoma is NOT midwest but is similar in some ways)

Hmm... Mary Fallon vrs Jerry Brown ... that would be interesting.

Mary Fallon is the governer of Oklahoma, and I DO support her in preserving our state captital. Not much else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 05:23 PM

767 posts, read 1,735,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
You live next door to mexicans
You say "like" and "for sure" and "right on" and "dude" and "totally" and "peace out" and "chill" and "tight" and "bro" and "hell of" and "hella"(Nor Cal only) and "faded" and "stoked" and "fo sho" and you say them often
Most of these lame lists are created by flyover state people and are based CA trends of decades past.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:28 AM

391 posts, read 837,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnative View Post
Most of these lame lists are created by flyover state people and are based CA trends of decades past.
Exactly. Most of the items listed by the OP didn't make sense. Real cheese in California only? Go visit Germany. Someone making $300,000 anywhere in California is can't afford a house? What an asinine statement. Most of the the other items I never experienced in California. I did lol at one statement though. oh there it is.

Quote:
No cop no stop baby!
Yep. Only in California, can you get away with the "California stop." Try to do that in Arizona and you'll get a ticket 100% guaranteed.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:38 PM

9,030 posts, read 10,414,317 times
I don't smoke pot. So much for "no exceptions."

Old 04-16-2013, 05:07 PM

30,701 posts, read 79,347,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMann2 View Post
One of the dumbest things I've seen, and it's really, REALLY old. Also, pretty much the ENTIRE list is for SoCal residents (particularly the LA area) only.
Not the entire list. 65 MPH means 100? There is no place you can normally travel either 65 or 100 mph. Should be 65 means 15.

Birkenstocks? Not So Cal. We go barefoot.

Cheese? Certainly no cheese is made in Southern Ca.

I have not heard the area code use much either. A given area code covers too big an area.

Plus a lot of the items apply equally to the people in the other California

Old 04-17-2013, 12:46 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,160,638 times
Well, I'm from California and now not in California, but when we had a 4.5 quake and everyone was scared. I slept through it. The windows rattled, not enough to wake up. It it wakes up the dog, then its a quake.

Now, if there is a possibility of a tornado I sit up all night with the tv on just in case. There is wall to wall coverage if there are are storms, and the chance of one being where you are is very small, but just the same its that unknown...

Old 04-17-2013, 01:14 PM

3,477 posts, read 6,462,258 times
Dumb list (and its not wonder no one responded to it in 2007 when it was first posted). Leave it to a n00b.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:42 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,254,953 times
You know you are from Kalifornia when you want the world GIVEN to you and refuse to pay into yet. Yet, you want everyone else to pay for your lifestyle. THEN, you know you are from the People's Republik of Kalifornia.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:48 PM

61,290 posts, read 87,078,539 times
u drive 4 wheel drive or jeep but never been off the freeway
u wear shorts and hawaiian shirts and raybans have a tatto and weigh over 250 lbs & feel sexy.
u join gyms but do not go to them
u have a pool spa and exercise room at home and use none of them
u consider yourself an expert on other cultures and languages that u know nothing about
u presume to know a great deal about spanish, a language u do not speak
u r very generous to SPCA but dump your pets there for extermination
u send your dog to obediance school but let your kids run wild
u consider your children your dependents until they are 50
u pick your nose fart and talk loudly in public about private issues but consider yourself cultured bek
u drink expensive wine with french names.
you have well over 50k in plastic credit card debt plus a heavy mortgage and dont feel u have a spending problem.
u dont know how to cook and dont want to learn.
u sit on the public sidewalk in new dockers but u r not injured.

Old 04-18-2013, 04:15 AM

391 posts, read 837,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
u drive 4 wheel drive or jeep but never been off the freeway
u join gyms but do not go to them
u consider your children your dependents until they are 50
lol. Or to make illegal u-turns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California