Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 01:50 AM

462 posts, read 741,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Portland, OR. Its a bit warmer then Seattle!
I suggested this in the thread b4, but got shot down by the Sacramento boasters.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2014, 02:20 AM

62 posts, read 74,887 times
I have been curious about this. So many mixed messages. I'm under the impression that Portland has even colder and gloomier winters. Is this the case? I'm having difficultly finding a solid answer on this. Maybe because they are almost the same. This is something I keep hearing, anyway. I am curious about all of the talk of Sacramento. I'm also getting a lot of mixed info there. Plain statistics can be difficult to translate into real life, cuz they don't seem to address all of the factors. Also the whole comparing what I have experienced in living conditions, to a bunch of broad stats is confusing. I appreciate all of the kind input.

Old 07-12-2014, 03:09 AM

462 posts, read 741,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natkat123 View Post
I have been curious about this. So many mixed messages. I'm under the impression that Portland has even colder and gloomier winters. Is this the case? I'm having difficultly finding a solid answer on this. Maybe because they are almost the same. This is something I keep hearing, anyway. I am curious about all of the talk of Sacramento. I'm also getting a lot of mixed info there. Plain statistics can be difficult to translate into real life, cuz they don't seem to address all of the factors. Also the whole comparing what I have experienced in living conditions, to a bunch of broad stats is confusing. I appreciate all of the kind input.
No, Portland does not have colder or gloomier winters than seattle, they r about the same, portland maybe slightly warmer if anything. Posting your threads in multiple forums sure isnt scoring points either. I think regardless of what the Sacramento boasters say, if you like the PNW climate, but only want a place thats slightly warmer than Portland would be a better fit than Sac. Sacramento gets over 100 quite often in the summer, has a relatively high unemployment rate & crime rate as well(though the suburb towns are ok, as is the case with Portland as well). Though Sacramento does get the delta breeze often during the summer, but there are times where Sacramento does not get the delta breeze due to shifting wind patterns that can occur during the summer months. Portland is much more like Seattle than Sacramento is. Id say visit each place and make the judgement for yourself.

Old 07-12-2014, 03:18 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,528,249 times
If all else fails, there is always Barstow.

Old 07-12-2014, 04:48 AM

Scoring points? I don't see what the big deal is. It's asking about specific states. There isn't a delete option, and I just found out about the general us forum. As for the weather, I don't care about anything, but what I listed. I am just saying I am happy with Washington, other than the weather. I want to skip out on the cold weather entirely. If Portland doesn't get too cold, I would consider it. I have been to Portland, but I can't tell what it would be like year round, from a visit. I can never really tell what an area is really like just from a short trip. Safety, weather, and costs are things that I won't be able to know instantly. I don't know why so many of these posts turn insulting. I'm just asking for advice. If you don't like the way I ask, don't answer. Thanks for the input though.

Old 07-12-2014, 05:10 AM

That wasn't meant to come off in a harsh tone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California