Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 03:55 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,545,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
I haven't bashed California once.

You are childish at best and can't think rationally. Texas port business or Cali's for that matter are not because of what the state does. The fact you couldn't see that point shows how blinded you are by your Cali hardon
First of all, it's not "Cali". Are you geographically illiterate?

Secondly, I don't have the anatomy to get a "hard on"...but great ad hominem (look it up or take a Latin course!) on your behalf.

It seems like you've got a hard-on for California. You know, if I lived in Texas and was a guy, I probably would too! She's beautiful!

Ask your governor!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 03:56 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,085,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
LOL! The Port of Long Beach and the Port of Los Angeles push goods all through the entire West Coast from San Diego to Seattle to Phoenix, Las Vegas all of the way up to Utah, Idaho and Montana!

Now what???

As if the oil/natural gas industry is something to brag about? In time, the innovators from California will have found ways to break our reliance in oil and gas and then...?

The fact that you come to a California forum to bash on California shows the true nature of your jealousy.
CA isn't a utopia for all people.

Old 07-11-2014, 03:56 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,519,268 times
Quote:
But they have a token Apple chip manufacturing plant in Austin that they pirated from California!!!

They're so "innovative"!
Yeah, they make PCs( a non growth sector these days)in TX.

Better TX than China I suppose, altough they are similar to China as far as usefulness-cheap land, cheap labor etc.

And those are huge advantages to CA-yes no doubt.

But TX is stuck in that role so long as their universities are subpar as far as science, engineering and business.

In the meantime, the creative classes will continue to migrate to/from the Northeast and West Coast.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:03 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,583,182 times
Quote:

Secondly, I don't have the anatomy to get a "hard on"...but great ad hominem (look it up or take a Latin course!) on your behalf.

It seems like you've got a hard-on for California. You know, if I lived in Texas and was a guy, I probably would too! She's beautiful!

Ask your governor!

Again purposely avoiding the point or addressing the question I've asked. California is fine, I've visited many times but wouldn't considering living there while I was still working. I'm realistic though and understand there are benefits to both states. Continue to stick your head in the sand and remain in your false utopia

Old 07-11-2014, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Yeah, they make PCs( a non growth sector these days)in TX.

Better TX than China I suppose, altough they are similar to China as far as usefulness-cheap land, cheap labor etc.

And those are huge advantages to CA-yes no doubt.

But TX is stuck in that role so long as their universities are subpar as far as science, engineering and business.

In the meantime, the creative classes will continue to migrate to/from the Northeast and West Coast.

Yes of course the universities in texas are so bad their degrees are practically worthless

Old 07-11-2014, 04:07 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,545,765 times
Quote:
Again purposely avoiding the point or addressing the question I've asked. California is fine, I've visited many times but wouldn't considering living there while I was still working. I'm realistic though and understand their are benefits to both states. Continue to stick your head in the sand and remain in your false utopia
Speaking of sand..you guys in Texas have kicked sand in California's face over and over again! You do it, then you laugh about it and think it's funny -- sort of like the dumb jock always picking on the brainy science kid.

Now, there's a cadre of Californians who are saying "enough is enough!" and we're actually defending our state and it must royally p*** you guys off.

No, our state isn't perfect and it isn't Shangri-La (it's close) but it's our state and you will see plenty of criticism from myself and other Californians of our state government. There's no need for you guys to come here and be d-bags in OUR forum!

Sorry, but you come to our forums and you'll be dealing with us!

Old 07-11-2014, 04:10 PM

2,236 posts, read 2,976,217 times
Quote:

Ask your governor!
May we call you Queen Calafia?

Old 07-11-2014, 04:13 PM

21,737 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:
So how does california promote innovation or attract more jobs?
You've been told. It provides great weather and scenery.
If you've got it - flaunt it, baby!

This takes great skill, focus, effort, and commitment.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Speaking of sand..you guys in Texas have kicked sand in California's face over and over again! You do it, then you laugh about it and think it's funny -- sort of like the dumb jock always picking on the brainy science kid.
I'm not sure what you are speaking of

Quote:
Now, there's a cadre of Californians who are saying "enough is enough!" and we're actually defending our state and it must royally p*** you guys off.

I'm fine with defense but not ignorance or willful blindness.

Quote:
No, our state isn't perfect and it isn't Shangri-La (it's close) but it's our state and you will see plenty of criticism from myself and other Californians of our state government. There's no need for you guys to come here and be d-bags in OUR forum!

Sorry, but you come to our forums and you'll be dealing with us!

First of all you might want to talk to the folks who run city data and tell them not to include the thread title of the last updated thread from each sub-forum because that's what brought me into "your" area even though it clearly isn't yours anymore than it is mine. I often put myself in situations that aren't my norm for the purpose of growing, learning new perspectives and pushing my own boundaries. The amount of dbag displayed was ridiculous favoring california residents pouring it on not from any other direction.

Dealing with you? Your forums? Are you a teenager? Maybe you should rethink things and become open to constructive debate. When you are open minded you tend to learn more. Take the opposite side of your own personal stance in a debate and you will learn far more about yourself, the topic and the world than you currently do based on your emotionally driven responses.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
You've been told. It provides great weather and scenery.
If you've got it - flaunt it, baby!

This takes great skill, focus, effort, and commitment.

That's not california, the state doing anything to attract more jobs

Maybe the economy in California would be doing even better if it attempted to bring more business in with something other than what nature has to offer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California