Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 05:24 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,829,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLMG View Post
My cholesterol is 180 and I have abs. I cycle on my bike every day, 7 days/week. Not concerned. I have a higher chance of being harmed in Santa Ana vs. eating In-N-Out.
Pics or you're lying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 05:28 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,788,644 times
Quote:
Since I moved here in Feb from Indiana, I absolutely love this place. These are the best hamburgers I've ever had and I used to work at McDonald's at my first job when I was 16. I'm still not sick of eating them after 5 months ha.

I've been to 'The Habit' as well, but it's not that great. I've been to Culver's as well in Indiana, and it also wasn't too hot either. I usually skip the fries and shakes, but I will get (2) 4x4 burgers whenever I go. Recently my bill has been over $100/week so I need cut back a bit. They know me on a first name basis at the place I go to.

Is there any other places that have really good hamburgers ? I've heard of a place called 'Fatburger', but I've never been there.
Norco's Best Burgers, on the main drag in Norco. You might be in the area.

I loved In & Out at first, bit I cant eat them today for some reason. They taste, well, fast food.

Old 07-16-2014, 05:50 PM

600 posts, read 824,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeeps View Post
Pics or you're lying.

Lol. I've wrote a lot of stuff on this forum so I'll have to defer the pics. You can take my word for it or not. I eat very healthy outside the burgers. That's just my one indulgence and I do cycle everyday.

Old 07-16-2014, 05:51 PM

What about fatburger ? Is it worthwhile trying or no ?

Old 07-16-2014, 05:57 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
There's a law in California that says you can't use In-N-Out and McDonalds in the same sentence. Or there ought to be.

In-N-Out is second to none. Fudruckers and Rallys suck. That being said, I've never tried Fatburger or Farmers. Five guys is pretty good, but not as good as In-N-Out. The fries at Five Guys are better though.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:08 PM

Consumer Reports has The Habit as #1, I thought In-N-Out was #1, but it's very close. I saw that Five Guys is there too.

I don't see fatburger. I've never had Jack in the box either.

Consumer Reports: McDonald’s burger ranked worst in the U.S. - The Washington Post

I agree McDonald's is pretty disgusting. I don't even think they use real beef. They probably use 'beef product' (i.e. eyeballs, heart, lungs, all parts of the cow, etc.....) then blend it up together and serve it. I'm not even sure it is produced even in the US. Pretty nasty stuff. Plus McDonald's raised their prices, so price-wise it is compareable to In-N-Out.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:23 PM

1,714 posts, read 3,850,362 times
Quote:
Consumer Reports has The Habit as #1, I thought In-N-Out was #1, but it's very close.
I also feel The Habit tastes better than INO. Habit's stuff tastes higher quality and less greasy--and it's not that much more expensive.

Crap like Chik-Fil-A and Burger King have nothing on Habit and INO, definitely.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:12 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
I don't eat out and only eat "junk food" on a rare occasion. The best part of living in CA is the farmers markets. Fantastic fresh food 365. That's something you can't get back East.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:19 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,858,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
...In-N-Out is second to none... Five guys is pretty good, but not as good as In-N-Out. The fries at Five Guys are better though.

A few years ago, on CNBC, there was a segment with a very non-scientific study - the reporters gathered about a dozen or so people who did blind taste tests of In-N-Out, Five Guys, and a Big Mac.

It turned out that among younger taste-testers (maybe under the age of 22 or so), In-N-Out came in first & Five Guys was second, and Big Mac came in last.

Among older taste testers (roughly 30 & over), Five Guys came in first & In-N-Out came in second. Big Mac came in last.

I prefer Five Guys - and I'm well over 30.

I don't like Five Guys french fries; to me, they are always a bit soggy & not very hot. I've been told they are a bit soggy because they use the relatively more healthful peanut oil to cook the fries compared to the less healthful oils used by other fast food restaurants.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:47 PM

231 posts, read 250,716 times
In-N-Out is awesome. Nation's is pretty good also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California