Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 09:24 AM

6,802 posts, read 6,686,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Not actually true, sure the water is cold, keeps the crowds out, and swimming in big waves is hella fun, fins and a snorkel help.

Beaches, as in hanging out, playing volleyball watching girls in bikini's is fine, and can be found in many places, but, rough water, cold water, rocks and cliffs, appeal to the adventurous.

I can't find the photos of my brother surfing all by himself on fine waves off Big Sur, but others do, and find the experience worthwhile.

A lot of my fun times growing up was body surfing with my friend at Pismo. They have big waves there and a bit warmer beach than Morro Bay or elsewhere along that stretch to me. That and I saw my first live boob there.

The school I went to in 6-8th grade dragged us all over the state, taking us to the tide pools at Los Osos on one trip. Those are pretty cool as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 10:24 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,642,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
A lot of my fun times growing up was body surfing with my friend at Pismo. They have big waves there and a bit warmer beach than Morro Bay or elsewhere along that stretch to me. That and I saw my first live boob there.

The school I went to in 6-8th grade dragged us all over the state, taking us to the tide pools at Los Osos on one trip. Those are pretty cool as well.
Hazard Canyon.... 7th grade science trip, where I discovered that girls really were built different than boys, wet sweatshirts..........

Hard to accept that those cute girls are all in their 60's now

Old 02-06-2013, 12:19 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,854,602 times
I'm having a pretty hard time accepting that I'm in my 60's now, as well.
Uff-da! Ooof ...

Old 02-06-2013, 12:22 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,686,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
I'm having a pretty hard time accepting that I'm in my 60's now, as well.
Uff-da! Ooof ...
Is that the sound you make climbing out of your hammock on the beach? You've got it sooo rough.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:41 PM

189 posts, read 361,506 times
I don't like the people in Florida...too trashy for my taste. Californians are far more refined and the food tastes much much much better.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:24 PM

1,527 posts, read 4,216,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Not actually true, sure the water is cold, keeps the crowds out, and swimming in big waves is hella fun, fins and a snorkel help.

Beaches, as in hanging out, playing volleyball watching girls in bikini's is fine, and can be found in many places, but, rough water, cold water, rocks and cliffs, appeal to the adventurous.

I can't find the photos of my brother surfing all by himself on fine waves off Big Sur, but others do, and find the experience worthwhile.

I to like CA coast.

San Diego is perfect in summer.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:47 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,166,222 times
I think people are exaggerating about the water temp in SoCal. In San Diego, the summer water reaches 73F at it's peak, which is refreshing when it's 86F outside. I do not see the point in jumping in 85F water when it is humid and 93F outside in Florida, you cannot cool off. In winter, of course FL has a better beach experience, but certainly not in summer, when the monsoons ruin the beach days. Of course, fog ruins beach days in CA as well...

Old 03-17-2013, 10:54 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,043,351 times
I hope people have mentioned that unlike California, there aren't goddamn trashy oil rigs all over the damn place on Florida beaches. Always pissed me off seeing them at LA beaches.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:18 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,884,488 times
I'd put a place like Coronado or Del Mar against anything in Florida plus the weather will be better here to boot. It's hard for someone to look good with sweat pouring off your body or a swarm of angry insects buzzing around you.

BTW Forbes Magazine named Coronado the best beach in America recently: http://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewbe...aches-of-2012/

While the Travel Channel rates Coronado 6th in the country just behind Clearwater Beach, FL: http://www.travelchannel.com/interes...-10-us-beaches

Old 03-18-2013, 12:19 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,884,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorhaggar View Post
I hope people have mentioned that unlike California, there aren't goddamn trashy oil rigs all over the damn place on Florida beaches. Always pissed me off seeing them at LA beaches.
There are no rigs in LA. You are thinking of further north in Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California