Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 11:41 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,052,835 times

Advertisements

^^ It was very clear what she meant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 01:10 AM

425 posts, read 1,949,974 times
I prefer California's beaches and you don't need a wet suit year round in southern California, at least. I can go with a spring suit just fine in April and later than that, just a bikini. (I will wear a spring suit even in the summer when I surf, however.)

Old 07-01-2010, 01:12 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,327,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladoll View Post
I prefer California's beaches and you don't need a wet suit year round in southern California, at least. I can go with a spring suit just fine in April and later than that, just a bikini. (I will wear a spring suit even in the summer when I surf, however.)
Where do you surf? pant pant!

Old 07-01-2010, 02:49 AM

425 posts, read 1,949,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Where do you surf? pant pant!
I usually swim and surf at El Porto. Good vibes, good people, interesting scenery! Can't wait to get back there!

Old 07-01-2010, 06:56 AM

2 posts, read 6,485 times
California has pollution. The air in Florida is better than CA's air.It is on the water with its own boats and very close to the beach. It is in a lovely neighborhood and you can walk to everything. It is a friendly place.Also Floria has more amusement parks and has beaches. California has amusements parks too but not as much as Florida.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:30 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,327,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywilliams38 View Post
California has pollution. The air in Florida is better than CA's air.It is on the water with its own boats and very close to the beach. It is in a lovely neighborhood and you can walk to everything. It is a friendly place.Also Floria has more amusement parks and has beaches. California has amusements parks too but not as much as Florida.
The California coastline has good air quality especially northern California. Also since California is considerably larger than Florida I think it has more amusement parks though the number of amusement parks has nothing to do with this thread.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:13 PM

291 posts, read 749,303 times
The best thing about California beaches is that they have no bugs. In Florida the No-seeums will eat you alive.

The hot humid oppressive weather will also dampen your spirits and then there are the Hurricaines and flodding thatr comes with the territorry.

Old 07-03-2010, 02:51 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,208,144 times
Quote:
Wow, I didn't know we had a problem with the air in the entire state of California. It seems to be very nice where I live. I have read that the LA area air is cleaner now than in the past due to cleaner burning cars and less polution produced by industry. Some would say that is because much of our industry has left. LOL. Santa Barbara, Ventura, Oxnard, Port Hueneme, Malibu, Santa Monica, Huntington Beach, and the beaches in the San Diego area all seem to have good air quality and amazing views.

As far as amusement parks we seem to have the number needed for our state. I have no idea which state has more. It does seem that copies of California amusement parks are built in Florida after we allready have them in California. Disneyland here, Disney World there. Universal Studios here, Universal there. You get the idea. Then again you could be right on the money. In this state we have so much more to do I guess than they have in Florida. Could be that we don't have the need to visit amusement parks because of everything else that we have within the state. Besides that we have these amazing beaches that people prefer to spend time visiting. Maybe if your beaches were as nice as ours you wouldn't need all those amusement parks.

Old 07-03-2010, 03:04 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,208,144 times
Quote:

For reference here is a list of both states amusement parks or theme parks. I think California wins.

http://www.touristinformationdirectory.com/List_of_parks_USA/amusement_park_theme_parks.htm
California
Adventure City, Anaheim/Belmont Park, San Diego California
Blackbeard's Family Entertainment Center, Fresno California
Bonfante Gardens, Gilroy California
Boomers! Fountain Valley California
Boomers! Upland California
Boomers! Livermore California
Boomers! Palm Springs California
Boomers! Vista California
Boomers! San Diego, California
Boomers! Santa Maria, California
Boomers! Fresno California
Castle Amusement Park, Riverside California
Disneyland, Anaheim California
Disney's California Adventure, Anaheim California
Knott's Berry Farm, Buena Park California
Legoland California, Carlsbad California
SeaWorld, San Diego California
Six Flags Magic Mountain, Valencia California
Six Flags Marine World, Vallejo California
Universal Studios Hollywood, Los Angeles California

Florida
Adventure Landing, Jacksonville Beach Florida
Boomers! Dania Florida, Greater Ft. Lauderdale
Boomers! Boca Raton, Florida
Busch Gardens Tampa Florida
Celebration Station, Clearwater Florida
City of Miami PBA, Miami Florida
Cobra Adventure Park, Panama City Beach Florida
Cypress Gardens Adventure Park, Cypress Gardens Florida
Disneyworld, Orlando Florida
SeaWorld, Orlando Florida
Universal Orlando Resort, Orlando Florida
Universal Studios, Orlando, Florida
Walt Disney World: Walt Disney World Resort - Magic Kingdom - The Epcot - Disney MGM Studios - Disney's Animal Kingdom - Disney's Blizzard Beach water park - Disney's Typhoon Lagoon water park.

Old 07-03-2010, 12:02 PM

3,431 posts, read 5,210,341 times
The California list is also missing the Bay Area's largest amusement park, Great America, as well as the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, which has several coasters, log rides, etc. There is also the Santa Monica Pier, although that's smaller than the SC Boardwalk. So CA has even more than you listed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California