Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 07:31 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,254,017 times

Advertisements

I don't know about rentals, but when I lived in Riverside we had five dogs, and it was legal. Ignore people who shouldn't have dogs at all. Teaching your child to love and care for pets is a wonderful and very positive thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 08:03 PM

1,963 posts, read 3,043,105 times
Is it illegal to eat dogs in California? If not, that could help solve the food problem and reduce expenses. Also, it would make it easier to find a rental unit if you didn't have the dogs. Win-Win-Win (not Rin-Tin-Tin).

Old 08-19-2014, 08:37 PM

2 posts, read 2,802 times
Are you guys here to help or to make fun of a situation? I asked for helpful advice and not smart ass comments. If you cannot help with 'good' mature advice then refrain from answering.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:45 PM
zdg

845 posts, read 1,972,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertomarry View Post
Are you guys here to help or to make fun of a situation? I asked for helpful advice and not smart ass comments. If you cannot help with 'good' mature advice then refrain from answering.
Of course we're here to help. I'll go first.

You came to a forum with the following information:
- 4 dogs
- 1 child (which you pointed out was less important than your dogs)
- no job
- not currently located in CA
- not much in savings
- urgent situation

Then you asked a question regarding where, in a state of 38 million people and almost 164,000 square miles ranging from snowy mountains to redwood forests to sunny beaches; from blue collar manual labor towns to superwealthy enclaves of ivory towers, you should "go."

Perhaps if you gave us a little more information like your job skills, your budget for housing, any requirements on the type of location, preferences for demographics, or for that matter ANYthing other than the simple facts above, we might not assume you were trolling us.

Since you assume we can solve your problem for you with the above information, I suggest Barstow. It likely fits your budget, has no limit on dogs, and is also full of people who are there under duress.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:31 AM

10,347 posts, read 8,564,711 times
Quote:
I think people are joking because this thread appears to be a joke. But if you want a mature bit of advice, I think you need to be mature and really look at your situation and priorities. No job? Isn't it expensive to feed 4 dogs?

Old 08-20-2014, 03:09 AM

1,963 posts, read 3,043,105 times
Quote:
Get a job. That will go a long way to helping to solve your problems.

Old 08-20-2014, 03:29 AM

4 posts, read 8,495 times
a dog park

Old 08-20-2014, 09:21 AM
zdg

845 posts, read 1,972,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Um, a dog park?
WHAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ttly1967
a day later

a dog park
Oh, ok, thanks.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:13 AM

3,477 posts, read 6,510,006 times
Quote:
my 4 dogs are my priority.
So typically 21st Century American.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:53 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,495,141 times
Quote:
Ask a stupid question......

Pretend you are us. What would you answer?

Honey, no problem! All you need to do is find a landlord who will be happy to let you move in, even though you have no job, minimal savings, and four dogs.

That would be the town in CA with all the stupid landlords!

But, for the life of me, I can't remember the name of that town.......

Your other option would be to buy your own place.

Oh, but wait, you don't have any money to buy a house with, and no job.

So, you need to move to that town in CA with all the stupid bankers.

And for the life of me, I can't remember the name of that town, either...hmmmmmmm.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California