Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 10:12 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times

Advertisements

BTW, it's very curious to relocate to Cali where folks seem positively obsessed with this kinda stuff….compared to living in an area like Seattle that's pretty famous for cloudy weather, yet where we never hear even any mention of "cloud seeding", "contrails", etc. (let alone as 'conspiracies'). Or maybe the PNW just doesn't "need" it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 10:35 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Well.. if any of you are local and non believers please look up today (Thursday Oct 8th)
This morning the spraying started in earnest about 0600.. its now 0930 and the sky has over 100 chemtrails in it. with wispy long narrow weird clouds beginning to form. (certainly nothing that happens naturally)

I was skeptical at first.. what can I personally see.. what can I prove... Im no longer.. this activity is occuring on a large scale...
I know what I saw in my water troughs on the ranch this morning.. the milky white shiny coating.

Im going to speak with our farm bureau about my crop damage ... expressing my concerns.. and I re-worte the BOS asking them again to start testing... AQMD isnt meeting its mission statement.. public pressure will be the only thing that makes government move...

Look up today Shasta County.. you are being sprayed

Old 10-09-2014, 11:16 AM

Chemtrails Don't Exist and Shasta County Is Ground Zero for Stupid

BTW, just checkout skyvector.com, to see that there's no shortage of hi-altitude jet air traffic over Shasta County (among others), all of which will naturally produce moisture contrails (aka "chemtrails" to the conspiracy buffs).

Old 10-09-2014, 12:15 PM

3,720 posts, read 9,999,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
BTW, it's very curious to relocate to Cali where folks seem positively obsessed with this kinda stuff….compared to living in an area like Seattle that's pretty famous for cloudy weather, yet where we never hear even any mention of "cloud seeding", "contrails", etc. (let alone as 'conspiracies'). Or maybe the PNW just doesn't "need" it!
It is no secret that we do cloud seeding here. It has been going on for years and years. The debate is whether the chemicals used are harmful to the environment or to people. Government says no, residents say yes.

And there is no point in cloud seeding where it rains all the time.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:27 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Quote:
Chemtrails Don't Exist and Shasta County Is Ground Zero for Stupid

BTW, just checkout skyvector.com, to see that there's no shortage of hi-altitude jet air traffic over Shasta County (among others), all of which will naturally produce moisture contrails (aka "chemtrails" to the conspiracy buffs).

mateo.. my friend.. do a little research on the person whom you referred to.. I think you will find hes a weather buff without any real credability or science in his background.. I only looked because Im interested

And contrails are very different than planes spraying material

I believe in science.. I heard everything from doctors to scientists to military and tin foil hat wearers during the presentation... for me it connected the dots on many things that have occurred is this county.. I cant hope to impact upon other parts of California or even be concerned about them.. my scope of influence only extends here.. where I see the planes dropping crap on my ranch..

As Nina so elequently put it.. its not if.. its what? I dont want anything sprayed upon me... or my crops

Obama has bought into this... the military uses it... PG and E certainly uses it.. none of these people or agencies want to admit using it large scale because of the civil liitigation that will come out of it.. so they keep saying.. not us.. or its harmless,, I dont believe it for one second..

We should be sketical of a government that has repeatedly concealed things from us or outright lied to the American people.. and this isnt Obama bashing it goes across parties and times..

Until enough people get concerned about any issue the government will take the tack better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission...and then with the health of people at risk the damage is already done

BTW the FOIA requests have already determined the chemicals used as harmful...

Old 10-09-2014, 08:15 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
Officer, I'm on the same side of the fence as you on this issue.

Quote:
This jet air traffic you speak of goes one direction or another and in a straight line. They do not make U-turns or take a wavering course. When one has lived under a big sky, one becomes familiar with the times and directions of normal traffic, as well as altitude.
The trails from these planes also disapates rather quickly as the trails from these planes is just steam, not fumes or exhaust.

The planes that fly over Northern California do so at a lower altitude. They do not fly in a single direction, they make U turns and fly in varied directions. The trails will remain in place for a long time. They expand a bit but do not dissapate for some time.
On days they criss-cross the sky here (Mendocino Co.), we do not get any 'freak' weather. Its never rained afterwards. What happens here, the winds kick up, and the whole sky gets hazy.
I'm NOT happy about it. We just need to deal with what ever nature gives us. Messing with it only upsets the balance and that is unhealthy for all life.

Now I can understand the skepticism when one has never witnessed these events first hand. And with anything that is questionable to the public, there is going to be disinformation, discrediting and dishonesty. It is hard to discern the truth from myth or conspiracy.
But I'd advise to not be so quick to jump to some absolute.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:28 PM

204 posts, read 389,103 times
As with many controversial topics, it seems easy for claims about cloud-seeding's safety or harm to contain a kernel of fact surrounded by a lot of unsubstantiated speculation. The truth in this case is that cloud seeding does definitely occur in California. Private and public entities openly admit it:

In Dry Year, California Looks to Cloud Seeding | QUEST

As Water Supply Reaches Record Low, California Combats Drought With Black-Ops Weather Control Technology From Vietnam War - Forbes

A very interesting point in the second article mentions that although the federal government cannot conduct could-seeding operations because of prior attempts to use weather manipulation as a (fairly ineffective) weapon, nothing says that states cannot attempt it.

However, most scientists accept that silver iodide is relatively safe as a nucleation catalyst since the chemical is only harmful in high concentrations and the amount put into the atmosphere disperses quickly. Does this guarantee it is harmless? Probably not, since it is almost impossible to prove that it does absolutely no harm. But there are far worse things sprayed into the air than silver iodide and it probably isn't worth being paranoid about. I'd be much more worried about the pesticides, soot, smog, and other polluting emissions that sit in the state's atmosphere than a small amount of silver iodide. Strange substances on the ground or on crops could come from any of these sources.

Now it still makes sense to continuously evaluate the safety of anything put into the environment, and that is a fair discussion. But the issue here is that people are conflating a real practice with a conspiracy theory about "chemtrails" which has nothing to do with actual cloud-seeding. So-called chemtrails are just contrails of condensing jet exhaust. Anyone with a pair of binoculars can see that contrails follow closely behind the engines of high-altitude aircraft. Additionally, as the name implies, cloud-seeding needs preexisting clouds to work so you would almost never see a trail from cloud-seeding on a clear day. In fact, cloud seeding is almost always a winter/early spring activity in drought combating because that's when the highest chance of precipitation is and the state's goal is usually to increase snowpack. It may also occur in a more limited extent in the summer, but only on days already showing potential for rainfall.

That being said, contrails are known to occasionally trigger their own cloud formation and observations of trails in the sky turning into thicker clouds are valid, just not a result of anything out of the ordinary.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Officer, I'm on the same side of the fence as you on this issue.

This jet air traffic you speak of goes one direction or another and in a straight line. They do not make U-turns or take a wavering course. When one has lived under a big sky, one becomes familiar with the times and directions of normal traffic, as well as altitude.
The trails from these planes also disapates rather quickly as the trails from these planes is just steam, not fumes or exhaust.

The planes that fly over Northern California do so at a lower altitude. They do not fly in a single direction, they make U turns and fly in varied directions. The trails will remain in place for a long time. They expand a bit but do not dissapate for some time.
On days they criss-cross the sky here (Mendocino Co.), we do not get any 'freak' weather. Its never rained afterwards. What happens here, the winds kick up, and the whole sky gets hazy.
I'm NOT happy about it. We just need to deal with what ever nature gives us. Messing with it only upsets the balance and that is unhealthy for all life.

Now I can understand the skepticism when one has never witnessed these events first hand. And with anything that is questionable to the public, there is going to be disinformation, discrediting and dishonesty. It is hard to discern the truth from myth or conspiracy.
But I'd advise to not be so quick to jump to some absolute.
Actually it's hard to imagine much "big sky" in Mendo County, considering how much more cloud cover it gets, especially compared to inland NorCal and the Sacto Valley. Not that facts ever sway true conspiracy buffs!

Although maybe you're right, and we shouldn't be so quick to dismiss all the paranoid conspiracies, including the Bilderberg Group, 9-11, the Rothschilds bankers, the Illuminati, the 'faked' lunar landing, "Birthers', FEMA concentration camps, or my fav, David Icke's shape-shifting lizard people who secretly run the world (and BTW, we all know that Elvis still lives)!!

The Crazies - Chemtrail Zombies and FEMA Camps (Hollywood exploits the chemtrail agenda)

Old 10-10-2014, 08:53 AM

How much more cloud cover it gets?
From where are you getting these ideas? Or as you say, facts. Our weather is much like the weather inland. Only the coast gets regularly clouded over.
Here, let me show you some facts.... Photo coming....

Old 10-10-2014, 09:04 AM

I just went out and took this picture. This is what I wake up to more days than not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California