Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 01:08 AM

19,158 posts, read 16,566,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FVWinters View Post
Yet.

Fire season isn't over and if this coming fall and winter is as dry and snowless as the last one, it won't be.
You're right and anything can happen. Going from memory and not google, I think the Oakland fire back in the very early 90's happened in October, I'm fairly sure. That's pretty late in the fire season and due to the extreme dryness of the state, I'm not sure there really is a fire season any longer. It's just year round.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2014, 01:15 AM

528 posts, read 863,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
Education for fire safety and first response. A culture that instills fire readiness and first response so we can all mitigate any and all fires when they first occur.

The toughest and most severe penalties and punishment for arson in the nation should be a priority for California.

RAIN! My only complaint about California weather in general is the very long DRY season.

It's this time of the year when I am fully ready for a rainstorm at least once every week. A good rain to clean the sidewalks and streets, naturally hydrate our yards, trees, etc.
Yea well does it ever make you or anyone wonder that California was created against nature. That so many people wanted to live here and set up shop but didn't consider the fatal consequences of less water. Its greedy peoples fault that it got like this and hope CA drowns in its own misery now and the smart ones who will actually contribute well wherever they go can get out now like I am trying to before it gets miserable in the next 5 yrs.

Old 09-22-2014, 08:47 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,419,359 times
Wildfires are sad events.

32 structures destroyed in California wildfire

Old 09-23-2014, 12:11 PM

19,158 posts, read 16,566,103 times
My lungs are feeling the effects of the Kings fire, today. The sky has an orange tint to it. Days like this aren't any fun.

Old 09-23-2014, 02:41 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,071,702 times
Redding is totally smoked in.. making it hard to breathe...

Let us not forget the doper that started a wildland fire here that is now a murder case.. Freddie SMOKE... thank you Freddy

A number of fires are listed as "unknown origin.. or suspicious.. human caused" CALFIRE website is a good resource other than it doesnt stay current

I feel really bad for all the people and animals harmed and displaced by the fire... more so for the animals...

They are cloud seeding like crazy on top of all the rest of the crap getting dumped on us... trying to make it rain in a drought

Old 09-23-2014, 03:02 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,257,796 times
You might want to try Calfire's twitter account.

@CalFire

Old 09-23-2014, 04:11 PM

2,236 posts, read 2,966,604 times
Yubanet does a pretty good job of keeping up on fire updates.

YubaNet.com - Fire News

Last edited by eccotecc; 09-23-2014 at 04:34 PM..

Old 09-23-2014, 05:38 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,854 posts, read 10,424,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post

Let us not forget the doper that started a wildland fire here that is now a murder case.. Freddie SMOKE... thank you Freddy

A number of fires are listed as "unknown origin.. or suspicious.. human caused" CALFIRE website is a good resource other than it doesnt stay current

I feel really bad for all the people and animals harmed and displaced by the fire... more so for the animals...

They are cloud seeding like crazy on top of all the rest of the crap getting dumped on us... trying to make it rain in a drought
Wow, so the smoke is all the way up to Redding! I was already amazed to see how thick it is up here in Paradise/Chico this AM, but the afternoon breezes are helping to clear some of that out now… although no doubt it's just blowing further north!!

Old 09-23-2014, 05:57 PM

21,631 posts, read 16,178,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post

Absolutely hilariously unbelievable, Officer. Your obsession with "dopers" knows no bounds or fatigue, eh? Any and every opportunity to blame a doper for evil. Yes, Officer, even dopers cause fires.

But, interestingly, here's California's top 20 fires ever. None of them caused by dopers. We have lightning, and squirrel-chewed power lines (damn those evil squirrels!), various arsons, campers, and hunters (damn those campers! Damn those hunters!). I think we should consider banning lightning. And squirrels. Definitely ban squirrels.
http://www.fire.ca.gov/communication...s/20LACRES.pdf

Old 09-24-2014, 12:33 PM

2,236 posts, read 2,966,604 times
This is a poignant video of the aftermath of a recent local fire at Bass Lake.
A new look at damage, rescues from Courtney Fire | abc30.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California