Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does it bother you that whites will only account for 26% of population in California by 2050?
yes 63 34.81%
no 118 65.19%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 09:13 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,075,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Percentage wise to their population numbers?
Doesn't matter. Makes no sense why more blacks are in jail for the same crimes MORE white people do.

I think it's true that Whites gets away with more. The proof is in the statistics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 08:07 AM

62,867 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitoe View Post
Doesn't matter. Makes no sense why more blacks are in jail for the same crimes MORE white people do.

I think it's true that Whites gets away with more. The proof is in the statistics.
Of course it matters. Percentage wise to their population blacks do commit more crimes that whites do. Where are these statistics that whites get away with more crimes than blacks do?

Look, I have nothing against blacks. I just joined into the conversation because the topic is supposed to be about whites becoming the minority in 2060. Well it certainly won't be because of a big increase in the black population but directly due to high birthrates from Hispanics many of whom are here illegally and are continuing to be. So let's get back on topic, shall we?

Old 06-26-2015, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Yes, there is a side with unlimited firepower and the blessing of courts and politicians, and there is the side that simply wants to not have to live in fear of the police. About how many incidents need to be caught on camera to drive the reality of this home? Just because cops are supposed to enforce the law doesn't mean they don't break it (and get away with it.)
Most cops are honest. The bad ones are in the minority and should be held accountable. But why should our entire LE get demonized for the few bad ones? They don't always get away with it either. Of late, they have been held accountable. Your so-called victims aren't always the victims either.

Old 06-26-2015, 04:15 PM

595 posts, read 560,257 times
Since you're all about statistics, let's replace all Whites with Asians.. Or at least all German descendants with Asians. They commit less crimes.

Old 06-26-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboibob View Post
Since you're all about statistics, let's replace all Whites with Asians.. Or at least all German descendants with Asians. They commit less crimes.
Exactly, every race commits less crimes than Whites. Not sure why we're arguing.

Old 06-26-2015, 04:48 PM

807 posts, read 897,567 times
A lot of the diversions away from the topic were over details related to cultural change.

About the original topic, I suspect the OP was just fishing for reactions to a scenario where "whites" as a collective group are not the single largest ethnic identity in California. For one thing, he/she opened the thread with an ancient article based on an estimate from 2007, so it's unlikely this is about the facts but mostly about the feelings.

Some feelings are more rationally arrived at than others but in our culture, we have a greater respect for feelings that are rationally determined. So rationalizations, accurate or not, are used to bolster opinions. Based on the recent wandering discussions, I now think it simply boils down to this:

Cultural change is supposedly okay but it is happening too fast for some people's taste. There is also a certain line where further change is not welcome for some people. The exact position of this line, being personal, will be greatly affected by the person's own past experiences and preferences. Complicating the matter, a lot of perceptions about the rate of change is wrong hence the wandering arguments over the last week or two.

Here's my observations about the illegal immigration thing: Illegal immigrants make up 6.44% of the California population in 2012 (That was the most recent number I found from a late 2014 article using that data: 2.45 million illegal immigrants out of 38 million people in California [sacbee.com]).

I get that the illegal immigrant population is the only one that we would have any legal power over reducing. However, people seem to put too much blame on the illegal immigrant population.

Are you folks saying that 6.44% of the population has that much cultural control in California? If that's the case, what on Earth is everybody else doing wrong? Consider too that 6.44% isn't even entirely uniform even if we're assuming that it is majority Latino; it certainly could not be all Mexican.

Don't get me wrong, I also have a line that I don't want see crossed. It's just that it is placed further downstream than for those who are already afraid of the current changes. Being further downstream, my line is less likely and/or will simply take longer to be crossed, if my slice of the real world ever gets there at all.

Last edited by DriveNotCommute; 06-26-2015 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: fixed a link

Old 06-26-2015, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveNotCommute View Post
A lot of the diversions away from the topic were over details related to cultural change.

About the original topic, I suspect the OP was just fishing for reactions to a scenario where "whites" as a collective group are not the single largest ethnic identity in California. For one thing, he/she opened the thread with an ancient article based on an estimate from 2007, so it's unlikely this is about the facts but mostly about the feelings.

Some feelings are more rationally arrived at than others but in our culture, we have a greater respect for feelings that are rationally determined. So rationalizations, accurate or not, are used to bolster opinions. Based on the recent wandering discussions, I now think it simply boils down to this:

Cultural change is supposedly okay but it is happening too fast for some people's taste. There is also a certain line where further change is not welcome for some people. The exact position of this line, being personal, will be greatly affected by the person's own past experiences and preferences. Complicating the matter, a lot of perceptions about the rate of change is wrong hence the wandering arguments over the last week or two.

Here's my observations about the illegal immigration thing: Illegal immigrants make up 6.44% of the California population in 2012 (That was the most recent number I found from a late 2014 article using that data: 2.45 million illegal immigrants out of 38 million people in California [sacbee.com]).

I get that the illegal immigrant population is the only one that we would have any legal power over reducing. However, people seem to put too much blame on the illegal immigrant population.

Are you folks saying that 6.44% of the population has that much cultural control in California? If that's the case, what on Earth is everybody else doing wrong? Consider too that 6.44% isn't even entirely uniform even if we're assuming that it is majority Latino; it certainly could not be all Mexican.

Don't get me wrong, I also have a line that I don't want see crossed. It's just that it is placed further downstream than for those who are already afraid of the current changes. Being further downstream, my line is less likely and/or will simply take longer to be crossed, if my slice of the real world ever gets there at all.
It's not just happening in Calif. though. Illegal aliens are all over our country and they are mostly from one ethnic group. At least if there was a more even mix of ethnicities coming here there probably wouldn't be any major cultural changes. Illegal aliens from south of our border are continuing to come here and Obama is allowing them to stay. Add to that that we have gotten away from diversity in our legal immigrants numbers and that same ethnic group is being favored over all others overwhelmingly and yes you have a recipe for major cultural change. Any place I go I only hear Latinos speaking in Spanish not English or go past a school letting out and you will a see a sea of Latino kids. Anyone claiming that we aren't undergoing a major cultural change via the above is in deep denial.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's not just happening in Calif. though. Illegal aliens are all over our country and they are mostly from one ethnic group. At least if there was a more even mix of ethnicities coming here there probably wouldn't be any major cultural changes. Illegal aliens from south of our border are continuing to come here and Obama is allowing them to stay. Add to that that we have gotten away from diversity in our legal immigrants numbers and that same ethnic group is being favored over all others overwhelmingly and yes you have a recipe for major cultural change. Any place I go I only hear Latinos speaking in Spanish not English or go past a school letting out and you will a see a sea of Latino kids. Anyone claiming that we aren't undergoing a major cultural change via the above is in deep denial.
LOL, Obama? Records shows Deportation INCREASED under Obama. Nice try though. Do retardicans just talk out of their *****?

U.S. deportations of immigrants reach record high in 2013 | Pew Research Center

Old 06-27-2015, 07:50 AM

Quote:
LOL, Obama? Records shows Deportation INCREASED under Obama. Nice try though. Do retardicans just talk out of their *****?

U.S. deportations of immigrants reach record high in 2013 | Pew Research Center
Obama Administration Inflating Deportation Numbers | National Review Online

Now, how about addressing the fact that Obama has stop deportations under DACA and more recently stopped the deportation of 5 million illegal aliens with U.S. born kids? Both along with work permits with 23 million Americans out of work? I'll wait.

Old 06-28-2015, 04:30 PM

4,031 posts, read 4,458,634 times
Quote:

That is true with drug offenses but that has more to do with poor people not having access to decent legal services. Blacks are only 13% of the Nations population but commit about 40% of murders and rapes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California