Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What's your opinion : )
Yes ! of course! I love it 17 53.13%
It's OK dude, just like any other place. 7 21.88%
Nope, it's not like before, I'm moving out probably. 6 18.75%
I never liked it here. 1 3.13%
The OP is a reptilian from Nibiru 7 21.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 10:58 AM

2,483 posts, read 4,370,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiDominican92 View Post
is your state livable anymore?
Unless by 'livable' you mean 'perfect' then YES.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 10:58 AM

106 posts, read 174,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
Most Californians turn off Fox News, set the gun down, pull ourselves out of the La-Z-Boy and go do something productive. It's why we own everything. LOL
1) Fox News, for me is the same as CNN, MSNBC and all of the retarded mainstream propaganda machine.

2) We clearly have a 2nd amendment that protects our freedoms to bare arms!.. Guns don't kill we humans do. See the difference? .. Vermont has one of the highest quality of living in the US, even more then Cali or Florida, and they bare arms there.

3) I never said Cali wasn't productive, you guys have an incredible talent and economy. Florida is getting there too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Listen, if you can judge California based on what you've read, then we can judge Floridians based on what we're reading. See how that works?
Sorry, I won't judge then. See how simple life can be? if we all just get along and agree.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:08 AM

2,483 posts, read 4,370,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
Most Californians turn off Fox News, set the gun down, pull ourselves out of the La-Z-Boy and go do something productive. It's why we own everything. LOL
I agree that Miami was being a little obtuse, or perhaps even hostile, but your own words betray some rather ignorant thinking, IMHO. I lived in CA for nearly 30 years and always assumed that the rest of the country (especially away from cites) was stupid, lazy and gun-toting. Then I moved to another state and learned that that was not the case, even among those who actually tote guns. You might consider examining your own prejudices too someday, but it's your choice.

PS: I'm neither liberal nor conservative, and neither anti nor pro gun. Rather, I believe that it's of paramount importance of all people to make their own choices while striving to live by the highest of standards.

Last edited by otterprods; 10-03-2014 at 11:45 AM..

Old 10-03-2014, 11:33 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
1) Fox News, for me is the same as CNN, MSNBC and all of the retarded mainstream propaganda machine.

2) We clearly have a 2nd amendment that protects our freedoms to bare arms!.. Guns don't kill we humans do. See the difference? .. Vermont has one of the highest quality of living in the US, even more then Cali or Florida, and they bare arms there.

3) I never said Cali wasn't productive, you guys have an incredible talent and economy. Florida is getting there too

Sorry, I won't judge then. See how simple life can be? if we all just get along and agree.
Naked weapons. Imagine that!

The last sounds like something Rodney King said, and he was a Californian,

Old 10-03-2014, 11:40 AM

8 posts, read 44,780 times
Quote:
I will like I said, I'm also very laid back, but my heart is more towards Miami, the east coast

And nope, we do have some illegals here, but most of the 11 million illegals are located over there in the west.

Most immigrants here are Cubans about half citizens, from DR same about 60% citizens, Puerto Ricans (all citizens by birth) and educated south Americans.
Good for you then. Don't forget to praise Miami everywhere you go . just to make sure these folks you're talking with from Caribbean at first

Last edited by Jessica182; 10-03-2014 at 11:52 AM..

Old 10-03-2014, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica182 View Post
Good for you then. Don't forget to praise Miami everywhere you go . just to make sure these folks you're talking with from Caribbean at first
Lol, I hope this is sarcasm, you're pretty funny Jess,

I keep my thoughts to myself most of the time. I don't lean towards a specific ethnicity also.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:58 AM

366 posts, read 452,186 times
It's ok. Just don't buy anywhere near where they'll build the HSR.
Also, don't be a Heterosexual white male. You're automatically at the losing end of every new law or policy.

Old 10-03-2014, 12:04 PM

I just had an anonymous person who lives in Cali describe to me the living conditions. All I can say is, stop living in a small delusional bubble folks. California needs to re-engineer itself, for the better of the state and the nation as well. It's not a perfect state.

Old 10-03-2014, 12:16 PM

8 posts, read 44,780 times
No one says it's a perfect state without problems. also people who lives in Cali know much better than you what is like and what problems they have. lol

Old 10-03-2014, 12:28 PM

204 posts, read 388,684 times
Quote:
I just had an anonymous person who lives in Cali describe to me the living conditions. All I can say is, stop living in a small delusional bubble folks. California needs to re-engineer itself, for the better of the state and the nation as well. It's not a perfect state.
Of course not, California has plenty of issues. So does every other state. It just seems like many of the things non-residents say about the state are ludicrous psychobabble or based on hearsay from outspoken people that do not at all reflect the thoughts of most people in the state. Some real issues include cost of living, ridiculous bureaucracy, overextended pension plans, and rapidly rising public education costs. That being said, as a former CA resident now on the east coast, I would happily move back some day if the opportunity presented itself or I got tired of living out here. And no, I am not concerned about dying in an earthquake or the drought going on forever because of geo-engineering projects going awry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California