Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 07:46 AM

21,737 posts, read 16,350,818 times

Advertisements

And then - horror of all horrors - we find that inexplicable violence isn't even limited to just dogs and humans!
Kangaroos Slug It Out on Suburban Street - NBC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2014, 07:51 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,230,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Eight dogs? Wow. Was he a breeder?

Sure was but, I guess one of the females got jealous and took it out on a neighbor

Old 10-07-2014, 09:52 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Sure was but, I guess one of the females got jealous and took it out on a neighbor
Or perhaps he was just paranoid and building his own protective, dog army.

Old 10-07-2014, 10:24 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
In Littlerock a small town in the desert about 60 miles north of downtown Los Angeles. His loose dogs attacked a 63 year old woman out for a walk.
The horrible pictures of the victim and the fact that he tried to hide the dogs helped persuade the jury.
Sure am glad to see this. I wish more irresponsible owners would go to prison.

Old 10-07-2014, 10:53 AM

781 posts, read 744,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Sure am glad to see this. I wish more irresponsible owners would go to prison.
Me too! Very happy to see this post.

Old 10-07-2014, 11:30 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and bet dogs don't care a fig for you either.
There's one of your worshipers, StreetLegal.

Old 10-07-2014, 01:49 PM

6,357 posts, read 7,768,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLegal
...I wonder how many on the jury were dog owners because if I was the prosecuting attorney I'd be careful about allowing any dog owners on the jury...
There are dog owners . . . and there are pit bull owners. There is a difference! It is a mistake to think they are equivalent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLegal
...Many dog owners consider their pet to be a member of their family...
Yes, my two rescue dogs are "family members". I feed them, give them a warm place to sleep at night. Involve them in (some) activities. Take them to the 'doctor' when they are sick. Groom and wash them. And I have grieved for them when their life ended.

It is sad that you don't like dogs. However, it is your choice. But, I have never experience from a human the unconditional love that a dog gives to its owner. Dogs don't have an agenda, (other than their next meal). I have never met a human that does not have an agenda of some type.

Old 10-07-2014, 02:55 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
There are dog owners . . . and there are pit bull owners. There is a difference! It is a mistake to think they are equivalent.

Yes, my two rescue dogs are "family members". I feed them, give them a warm place to sleep at night. Involve them in (some) activities. Take them to the 'doctor' when they are sick. Groom and wash them. And I have grieved for them when their life ended.

It is sad that you don't like dogs. However, it is your choice. But, I have never experience from a human the unconditional love that a dog gives to its owner. Dogs don't have an agenda, (other than their next meal). I have never met a human that does not have an agenda of some type.
It's one thing to do the things you list. However, many take it too far.

I was in a Ralph's supermarket this weekend and two people came in with their dogs. They weren't service dogs.

I asked the cashier if they allowed dogs. The answer was "technically no, but people get upset if you ask them to take the dogs out. "

Many dog owners feel they have a right to bring the mutt anywhere. They don't.

Pit bull owners are in a different class. Most own one to prove their manhood.

Old 10-07-2014, 03:24 PM

35 posts, read 68,682 times
I support this verdict because pit bulls already have an extraordinarily bad reputation for violence which I personally believe is misplaced due to the fact that it's not the dogs but the owners who are raising their dogs up to be aggressive. But since nothing else seems to be stopping people from raising up violent pit bulls, maybe harsher sentences such as this will finally get through to them.

Old 10-07-2014, 05:30 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
Ban these dogs. It's long overdue. Liability doesn't stop these owners when many have/ own nothing so they act with impunity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California