Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 04:29 PM

1,763 posts, read 5,985,121 times

Advertisements

"Where celebrities, surfers and wannabes mingle on Malibu's world-famous beaches, there may be only sea walls defending fading mansions from the encroaching Pacific.

Moderator cut: copyright

Last edited by Marka; 01-02-2008 at 02:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2007, 04:32 PM

210 posts, read 743,568 times
Default woo hoo

I cant wait, as i'll be long gone out of this armpit by then

Old 12-29-2007, 05:09 PM

1,356 posts, read 6,016,657 times
If we had a summer as hot as this winter has been cold we would be hearing nothing but global warming coverage on the news. I keep wondering when people are going to get tired of the alarmism and agenda of people like Al Gore and his Big Government, Grant-grubbing buddies and see them for what they are. Global warming is a scam.

Old 12-29-2007, 05:11 PM

433 posts, read 2,351,811 times
Just more political "science" to make humans feel guilty for normal climate variations that have happened for millions of years. I would expect global cooling to take place immediately once Hillary becomes President. And maybe Al Gore can make another trip to Lake Tahoe to say he "CARES" about the lake. After all, CARING is what matters...right?

Together, we can stamp out global warming if we all reach out hand in hand and just CARE!

And the ironic thing is that many of these "ecologists" are the same fuzzy-haired Bay Area types driving their giant monster SUV's up to Tahoe with their "Keep Lake Tahoe Blue" bumper stickers. They must retreat to their second homes on the pristine lake to become one with nature!

But maybe they just CARE more than I do....

Old 12-29-2007, 07:52 PM

101 posts, read 580,759 times
Back in the 60's-70's there was a very popular book called "The Late Great State of California" or something like that which trumpeted the earthquake coming any minute on the San andreas that would knock half of us out into the ocean. We were all sure it was on the verge of happening. It hasn't yet.

I read the other day that the last couple of years has seen drastically decreased activity on the surface of the sun which has often correlated to the coming of an ice age. Who knows.

What I do know is that people tend to adjust to circumstances. If it gets hotter, we'll deal with it. If it gets colder, we'll all move to what's left of the tropics. By the way--warmer is better than colder. Fewer people die.

Old 12-29-2007, 07:54 PM

87 posts, read 118,353 times
Global Warming seems childish. I imagine people still believe in Santa Claus.

Old 12-29-2007, 08:17 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,086,443 times
Glad I'm moving up out of this thousand-year floodplain..

Old 12-29-2007, 08:58 PM

129 posts, read 662,128 times
Global warming doesn't exist. The Earth follows warm and cold temperature cycles. History continues to repeat itself.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:57 AM

433 posts, read 2,351,811 times
Default Better to have an Ice Age...I guess

I agree with Mono #9 that warming is better than cooling. The experts never talk about that though. Imagine half of America and nearly all of Canada under a mile or two of ice. Nearly all of Europe and Russia under the ice too.

Then we would have some real problems.

The data is showing that the globe is warming. There is virtually nothing we can do to stop it. One major volcanic eruption can throw mega amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere. The Earth is a big polluter too.

In the meantime, governments could work together to implement large scale reforestation projects. Governments could include major polluters China, India and Russia in a Kyoto type agreement the next time. The USA might then sign it. We can't just agree to rollback our USA economy to the stone age with multi-trillions in costs while these other huge global polluters get a free pass.

And many of the same people who are screaming about CO2 emissions are the SAME crowd that destroyed the nuclear power industry in America which produced ZERO CO2 emissions. Funny how that works....

Old 12-30-2007, 04:46 AM

382 posts, read 952,288 times
If we all together held our breath for just 1 minute a day, 7 days a week, all the people of the world, we could reduce CO2 emissions. We would of course have people who just stopped breathing, which is sad but ok, at least they tried to do their part to stop global warming. But think about it, over time we would evolve into a species that doesnt' need to breath as much. We can save the planet from utter destruction and the human race will be redeemed. Halleluiah!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California