Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 01:29 PM

50,264 posts, read 47,023,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
I understand the point, but I am more concerned about the Salton Sea's future.
I believe the smartest route is to the Gulf. I am not sure of logistics (in elevation) but if we built a tapered canal that would ensure drainage we could split off part of the river water to the Sea then start to flush it back into the Gulf. This could ensure water still going to people downstream while providing fresh water into the SS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2014, 01:39 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,197,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I believe the smartest route is to the Gulf. I am not sure of logistics (in elevation) but if we built a tapered canal that would ensure drainage we could split off part of the river water to the Sea then start to flush it back into the Gulf. This could ensure water still going to people downstream while providing fresh water into the SS.
That sounds like an idea! The lake could also be desalinated too. Lots of possibilities do exist.

Old 12-08-2014, 04:53 PM

50,264 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
That sounds like an idea! The lake could also be desalinated too. Lots of possibilities do exist.
It would only have to extend to where the split was before as we could put the water right back into the river where it flows now. I'm sure the contamination is a big concern but the river could fill the Sea for a while before water is released back into the river. It's not like the river isn't already polluted

Old 12-08-2014, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It would only have to extend to where the split was before as we could put the water right back into the river where it flows now. I'm sure the contamination is a big concern but the river could fill the Sea for a while before water is released back into the river. It's not like the river isn't already polluted
Sounds like a good idea!

Old 12-08-2014, 06:16 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
I certainly like that one.

Old 12-08-2014, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I certainly like that one.
Too bad we can't kill the bull(*****)et train and put a good chunk of the money toward desalination. My "grand plan" would be to fill most of the dry lakes in the Mojave desert!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California