Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2014, 01:26 PM
SyZ SyZ started this thread

151 posts, read 139,367 times

Advertisements

Assuming that I will not marry or have children, and I can do with a large master bedroom + a large office / study / entertainment / jigsaw puzzle room as well as a kitchen, bathroom (just one), garage with a washer and dryer unit inside, what are the logistics of making this happen?

Has anybody had their own home built on land they choose?

There is so much land in the Pleasanton / Dublin / Livermore area. There has to be a way (publicly) to see if land is already owned by the city for future development, or if there is a way to purchase it. I see all the huge homes on the western side of 680 going through Pleasanton, I'm assuming that is the work of somebody just going to city hall and saying 'hi, I have 50 million dollars. I want a home built on this land, make it happen and I'll move in in 10 years'

Standard 3 bedroom 2 bathroom single family residential homes in the area are 600k +. I refuse to believe if I built something on my own (if possible) it would amount to anywhere near that given the size of what I'm looking for

Thanks

Last edited by SyZ; 11-29-2014 at 01:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California