Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 08:44 PM

18 posts, read 326,054 times

Advertisements

As stated in the statistics for crime in Vallejo on this website the crie is a little above average. But this website is outdated because it does not mention the year of 2004, 2005, and it has yet to update 2007. In 2004 Vallejo had 12 homicides with 3 not counted because it was in an island of county land in the center of Vallejo. 2005 had 17 homicides with 2 in the same county land that is located in central Vallejo. 2006 did not have 6 homicides, it had 12 and I have proof by researching all of the news in that year. 2007 has had 17 homicides with one not being counted. That one homicide was a close friend of mine and it makes me mad to know it has been forgotten and discounted. The U.S. average crime index is around 240-260 and anything above that means more crime. Vallejo's average is around 550-590 and that is not counting the years I mentioned were missing from the stats. I have had 3 friends killed by gunfire in the last 3 years and I cannot even go outside without worrying. I am not saying Vallejo is as bad as Compton or Oakland but it is close. please reconsider before moving here. I feel it is my duty to inform people about this city. So many people have already moved out because they didn't know Vallejo was in such bad condition. And as a last word I would like to notify everyone that Vallejo is actually an East Bay city. Many people think it is the North Bay because of the brigde you must cross but according to a government letter I recieved about this issue it states that Vallejo is the Northern most East Bay city and that Fremont is the southern Part of the East Bay. I hope people will look into this and maybe do as I did and write to your state government so you to will know the facts. thank you.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:54 PM

To the fellow who says Vallejo's bad rep is unfounded. Please do some research and if you live in Vallejo than you'd know about the 16-18 homicide count we have had in the last 2 years. And also If you did not know Vallejo was the murder capital of the U.S. for 3 years and twice it has been the murder capital of the state. I am assuming you are from either Berkeley or S.F. and Maybe you don't know the history of crime that has plagued Vallejo since the 1940s when Vallejo was considered the first drug ridden city of the Bay Area.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:55 AM

5 posts, read 128,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPerez707 View Post
To the fellow who says Vallejo's bad rep is unfounded. Please do some research and if you live in Vallejo than you'd know about the 16-18 homicide count we have had in the last 2 years. And also If you did not know Vallejo was the murder capital of the U.S. for 3 years and twice it has been the murder capital of the state. I am assuming you are from either Berkeley or S.F. and Maybe you don't know the history of crime that has plagued Vallejo since the 1940s when Vallejo was considered the first drug ridden city of the Bay Area.

Murder cap of the U.S.??? please man your full of ****. Give info on were you got this info from so you can have credebility to back up your b.s. claims of Vallejo being a very unsafe warzone. The only city in the bay to even ever make it as the murder cap of the U.S.A. was E. Palo Alto back in 1992 i think. I'm in Vallejo quite a bit and compared to other cities in the U.S.A. like say D.C. ,Baltimore or Gary,In Vallejo ain't nothing but a cake walk man! Vallejo is a bigger version of Fairfield in essence a suburban environment. I've went and walked into these so called "ghetto" neighborhoods that's mentioned on here during daytime and night and I don't even feel slightly intimidated. I even showed some of my friends from Vacaville(and they grew up in VV too) around the so called "ghetto" places of Vallejo and they started to laugh and said that it was a joke. Quit pumping out a false image of your wannabe city man quit decieving people.

Old 03-01-2008, 12:21 AM

13 posts, read 86,824 times
thizzle mountain
nation of thizzlam

Old 03-02-2008, 02:58 AM

1 posts, read 32,496 times
Default Country Club Crest

I incidentally came across the threads on this site regarding the Country Club Crest. I am displeased. I lived in the Crest (North Vallejo) for 15 years. Of course with most inner city neighborhoods, there exist violence. I know people who say the same living in Richmond Ca (North-3rd st, Parchester Village, P7 etc.) and even East Oakland, and San Francisco to name a few in the Bay Area. I graduated from a 4 year university and am currently finishing a masters degree (so do not let the name of a city or neighborhood be a reason to not feel safe to move to.) Not always is the crime statistics a direct result of the people living there, I know first hand seeing drug activity happen at the hands of dealers from other cities coming to a specific area because "they heard" it was the place to make money illegally! There are tons of good people living in the Crest and many other inner city "hoods" (as claimed in rap music!) STOP perpetuating the stigma placed on neighborhoods and cities! Its because people view the Crest the way some people have in threads here, that ignorant lowlifes migrate to the Crest and spread crime and drug activity!!

Old 03-02-2008, 03:21 AM

330 posts, read 967,444 times
I read somewhere that the City of Vallejo is going bankrupt. I don't know what that means for a city, but it is what it is. I'm not talking about just losing money, but actually filing for bankruptcy. Seems kind of funny, but maybe we'll hear more about it in the future.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:38 PM

5 posts, read 128,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techienomad View Post
I read somewhere that the City of Vallejo is going bankrupt. I don't know what that means for a city, but it is what it is. I'm not talking about just losing money, but actually filing for bankruptcy. Seems kind of funny, but maybe we'll hear more about it in the future.

Yeah I heard about that too. I heard it's do to a lot of the police and firemen there retiring out and transfering to other places. I heard that was do to these departments pressured to downsize by the mayor or something like that.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:49 PM

20 posts, read 469,948 times
Yep, I also heard the bankruptcy in the news also.

Yeah Vallejo is not a good city, but not all bad like Oakland, especially East Oakland, where a friend of mines was killed there at a sydeshow :/. Another friend of mines resided in College Park and there was a break-in. By the way, MPerez707 or anyone, can you give me a map of where "HillCrest", "Millerville" and "Beverley Hills" or at least give me an intersections of the neighborhoods?

Old 03-03-2008, 12:47 PM

Default cred.

to the person known as "UKNOW" I would like to state that yes Vallejo was the murder capital of the nation in 1991 with a recorded 61 homicides. (Vallejo has never been in the spotlight because the media for some reason does not care for this city)This was when Mac Dre and other rappers jumped at the opportunity to claim Vallejo. If you want the facts then request records from the department of justice like I did or ask a city leader or cop in Vallejo (depending on who you talk to). In no way am I saying Vallejo is the toughest city in the Bay, all I'm saying is that I am tired of hearing white rich people from marin county say Vallejo is the best and safest city they know. And if you really want to start stuff with me I could easily recount all the times I have been stabbed in Vallejo schools and 2 months ago I was stabbed by a blood or norteno and have the wound mark to prove it. Our house is constantly tagged by gangbangers and numerous houses on my block have been shot at. I have had 4 friends shot or stabbed to death in the last 2 years in Vallejo, how many of your friends have lost their lives where you live. You are the people that make me sick, you would get knocked out in a second by me if you told me what you said to my face. You dont know how I live or where in Vallejo I live. I have been beaten by corrupt cops who have called me "****" and "beaner" just because Im mexican. Vallejo ain't the worst but its not fun living here. And the only reason people don't get jumped while walking through Vallejo ghettos is because the drug trade. "they" dont want to drive away their customers. I have seen someone get shot in the head in Vallejo and my own mother had a gun pointed at her head for no reason so when you say Vallejo is safer than Vacaville THAT is when I laugh. I know dozens of people who would without hesitation shoot you on sight if you talked that way of Vallejo. Remember just like in East Palo Alto you cant see everything that goes on. Watch your mouth because it could easily be knocked off.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:58 PM

to "afraidofghettos" The intersections of millerville is tuolumne st. to the west, solano ave. to the south mariposa st to the east and tennessee st to the north. The crest is a scattered area but the worst street in Rounds st and the blocks around it. its off of gateway dr. from fairgrounds dr. South Vallejo is almost all bad but the worst is near magazine st, 5th and 6th st and lemon st. One place that is very dangerous for white people in near the 201 Maine St appartments. That is where there is some form of black nationalist gangs that are into weapons and drug trades (BGF).most other areas are safe. take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California