Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 01:02 AM

13 posts, read 14,611 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am a 24 year old male living on the eastcoast(Delaware). I've have set my new sites on living in California. I recently had the chance to survey some people from the state of California who came to Delaware to train and open a new department in my building. After getting their opinions and feedback I was able to finally end my long rivaling debate between California and Florida.

I be 25 years old and with a bachelors degree in business. I'm looking to start my own physical training and consulting business and trying to figure out if North or South Cali would be a good fit for me. I am still looking to continue my education as well.

I remotely do not like cold climate what so ever and this is what fueling my desire to move to the state. I prefer and temperature above 70 or higher. The higher the better. I'm looking to live in a well diverse, culturally enrich area. I will say that I'm very liberal then conservative and my views do not align with christian base faiths. So I'm less incline to live in an area that is predominately a christian or catholic area.

Be active is very important to me and want to have different type of terrains accessible through out the ear. If I want to go mountain biking or hiking I would like to be able to travel for a weekend to the mountains or if I want to go to the beach and relax on the sand, I would like that to be another option. I guess the last important part to me is a very gay friendly area(witch shouldn't be hard to find in Cali).

When it boils down to it I need to know,

What is the climate through out the state,
What is the environment like in North and South Cal.
Commuting, do I need to continue owning a vehicle to get around or can I commute through public means.
General Public Consensus, is it liberal or conservative.

Much feedback is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2014, 01:39 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,790,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canceil View Post
Hi,

I am a 24 year old male living on the eastcoast(Delaware). I've have set my new sites on living in California. I recently had the chance to survey some people from the state of California who came to Delaware to train and open a new department in my building. After getting their opinions and feedback I was able to finally end my long rivaling debate between California and Florida.

I be 25 years old and with a bachelors degree in business. I'm looking to start my own physical training and consulting business and trying to figure out if North or South Cali would be a good fit for me. I am still looking to continue my education as well.

I remotely do not like cold climate what so ever and this is what fueling my desire to move to the state. I prefer and temperature above 70 or higher. The higher the better. I'm looking to live in a well diverse, culturally enrich area. I will say that I'm very liberal then conservative and my views do not align with christian base faiths. So I'm less incline to live in an area that is predominately a christian or catholic area.

Be active is very important to me and want to have different type of terrains accessible through out the ear. If I want to go mountain biking or hiking I would like to be able to travel for a weekend to the mountains or if I want to go to the beach and relax on the sand, I would like that to be another option. I guess the last important part to me is a very gay friendly area(witch shouldn't be hard to find in Cali).

When it boils down to it I need to know,

What is the climate through out the state,
What is the environment like in North and South Cal.
Commuting, do I need to continue owning a vehicle to get around or can I commute through public means.
General Public Consensus, is it liberal or conservative.

Much feedback is greatly appreciated.
Wow! You sure can pick 'em!

What with global warming and all, Florida will be underwater in a few years when the ice caps melt!

As for California, what with global warming and all, the Big One will finally occur and California will fall into the ocean.

I sincerely suggest you move to Reno. You will soon be on the beach

PS California is most definitely a liberal state. Bring your own bags and be prepared for some of the highest taxes in the nation.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:52 AM

8,452 posts, read 15,039,467 times
Go for SoCal over NorCal (don't say Cali). More opportunities for physical fitness, the weather is warmer. Gay areas include Palm Springs, West Hollywood. You will want a car. Religion is not a factor.

From the errors in your post it seems that English is not your first language. You want to continue your education. Including English grammar will help you in business. There are community colleges everywhere.

There are plenty of hiking trails, mountains, public beaches around in SoCal. What you can afford to pay for rent, car expenses, school and utilities is the big issue.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:22 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,012,366 times
I think Arvin ticks all your boxes.
Arvin's special.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:49 PM

21,735 posts, read 16,341,054 times
You know, I'm getting pretty fed up with all the focus on Arvin, leaving Crescent City as if the red-headed stepchild. Arvin's fine if you can't get past carrots and potatoes. But if you want clams what's it going to do for you? Nothing!

Crescent City on the other hand gets the meat in the meal.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:53 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Well you start by not calling it "Cali". That was popular in 1987 due to a song.

That was before your time. It's all less keystrokes to just type CA.

Old 12-19-2014, 03:25 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,537,463 times
Move to Dunsmuir.

Old 12-19-2014, 04:50 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,671,533 times
My suggestion is San Diego.
Warm, diverse in population and physical/geographical aspects.

Old 12-20-2014, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
Go for SoCal over NorCal (don't say Cali). More opportunities for physical fitness, the weather is warmer. Gay areas include Palm Springs, West Hollywood. You will want a car. Religion is not a factor.

From the errors in your post it seems that English is not your first language. You want to continue your education. Including English grammar will help you in business. There are community colleges everywhere.

There are plenty of hiking trails, mountains, public beaches around in SoCal. What you can afford to pay for rent, car expenses, school and utilities is the big issue.
I ensure you English is my first language. I can care less to proof read a paragraph at four in the morning. Plus their a fine line on the internet for being formal and informal for proper grammar. Most goes with the latter of the two.Witch one do you think I fall under? I let you guess. But thank you for the English advice from a business sense. I accept all criticism.

But a community college won't work for me. I'm going for a masters. Really don't know many (if any) community colleges that do graduate level work.

Old 12-20-2014, 12:32 AM

Thanks but no thanks to Reno. I got something against living in a state without some form of beach access.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California