Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 08:54 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Congrats! Probably could have had a house already paid off in a state with normal housing prices. Keep slaving away to pay off that overpriced house!

Lots of reason people would want to leave this God forsaken state. Its overcrowded, overrun with illegals, horrible people with bad attitudes (try starting a conversation with a stranger, they will look at you like you have 5 heads) most everything is about 3-5 times more expensive then in any other state, high unemployment rate, highest poverty level of any state, its a liberal paradise, you need a license or permit to do anything to your home or business....I could go on for days. Plenty of reasons people would want to leave this place.
Our house when we bought it 4 years ago was underpriced. It had already increased in value by more than 35% of what we paid. Back in early 2007 people were paying between $600,000 and $700,000 for the same house that I live in now. Prices are no where near that level as of yet.

We had tried moving to Surprise Arizona back in 2007. Prices there were a lot cheaper. We even had a home built but sadly never moved there. The reason is that we could not find jobs that paid what we were used to making. We only ended up losing $3,000 on that mistake. Then the market fell apart and we were able to find a home that we loved in a city that we had spent most of our life in. Imagine that because many left the area because they could not afford to buy a home here.

As far as how things have turned out, we are looking to buy another home here. Both my wife and I see so much opportunity here in California. Our incomes have gone up and we are making more money from a side business.

Illegals? We have some great friends that are here illegally. I do not agree with how they got here. At the same time I have not seen them taking anything away from me. They work harder than most people, are not tied to the welfare mentality. They don't beg for money they do beg for work.

The people anywhere that I have been are some of the nicest in the nation. Most people will treat you well when you treat them well. We have never had a problem stiking up a conversation with just about anyone.

Here in this nation food is cheaper than anywhere else in the nation and it is not taxed like in some states. Many people that I know give you free fruit from their trees. We have never paid for avocados, seldom pay for oranges, Many people drop off strawberries as well. Like these fine people we also share when we get fruit in.

I know you need a permit to work on your home. Oh, and an inspector will stop by to make sure that you did the work correctly. Oh no, that is just terrible. I know how to build just about anything. Still I don't know how well you or others build stuff. I would prefer that a project in a home I want to buy was done properly. I am OK with having a permit process.

Yes a lot of liberals are in office. I wish that was not the case. Still I don't see Democrats as having a majority in the state. I think that Republicans could take the state back if they offered a sound conservative plan and stop acting like liberals. I see many conservatives as just giving up.

Sorry you feel the way that you do about this great state. I love it here and plan on staying forever. I would rather be part of the solution in things that I see are wrong then running away with my head between my legs giving up to things I don't like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2014, 09:41 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,454,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Yes a lot of liberals are in office. I wish that was not the case. Still I don't see Democrats as having a majority in the state. I think that Republicans could take the state back if they offered a sound conservative plan and stop acting like liberals. I see many conservatives as just giving up.
No offense, but even Republican leaders don't think that's the answer, and in fact are saying that what's really holding state Republicans back, are the regressive 'my-way-or-the-highway' conservative "ideologues".

New data indicate bleak future for California GOP unless it retools

"Allan Hoffenblum, a former Republican consultant who publishes the California Target Book, which handicaps legislative and congressional races, says: "The party needs a modern-day Ronald Reagan — not a 1980s Ronald Reagan, but one more in tune with the culture of California than the current Republican Party is."

"Neel Kashkari marched in a San Diego gay pride parade, and spent a week posing as a homeless man in Fresno… "We need to have candidates who reflect the new demographics," says the son of Indian immigrants. "If our candidates reflect the diversity of the state, it will bring these groups back."

Old 12-31-2014, 11:02 AM

4,156 posts, read 5,561,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
No offense, but even Republican leaders don't think that's the answer, and in fact are saying that what's really holding state Republicans back, are the regressive 'my-way-or-the-highway' conservative "ideologues".
Yep. The only way for Republicans to be relevant at the state level is not to "stop acting liberals", but to acting like complete meatheads. Which is problematic, considering that's also their most vocal constituency.

Old 12-31-2014, 12:03 PM

^ Of course it's hard to talk any sense into a party 'base' that's become so full of unquestioned 'dogma', it's starting to resemble 'religion' more than politics!

Old 12-31-2014, 02:15 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,839,999 times
Quote:
^ Of course it's hard to talk any sense into a party 'base' that's become so full of unquestioned 'dogma', it's starting to resemble 'religion' more than politics!
Can't question those who get the News straight from Jesus. If only us mere mortals would heed the infallible doctrine of the righteous...

Last edited by bigdumbgod; 12-31-2014 at 02:30 PM..

Old 12-31-2014, 02:17 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,978,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Ummmm, no, its not just me. southern CA is known for having extremely rude and unfriendly people. If thats news to you, you've been living under a rock.....or floating around on a dinghy

Old 12-31-2014, 02:20 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times
Quote:
But, but ... that describes both/all parties!

Old 12-31-2014, 02:38 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,839,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Dems are being taken over by what, the religious left? Vat eez dat?

Old 12-31-2014, 02:42 PM

2,645 posts, read 3,329,578 times
Quote:
Yes, I would also like to know exactly which religion is running the Democratic party. This is news to me.

Old 12-31-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
But, but … that describes both/all parties!
That's simply a conservative myth designed to excuse their many current 'excesses'.

Unless there's some sort of liberal "equivalency" for things like Creationism, Climate Change Deniers and Anti-Science, hostility towards education, Homophobia, mandatory 'transvaginal wands', "legitimate Rape", "trickle down economics", or Birthers (which BTW, over 40% of Republicans still believe in)?!!

And that's before we even get into the little matters of public intimidation and dragging guns into town meetings, murdering abortion doctors, and blowing up federal buildings!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California