Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 11:20 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
And before them, seals.
phht.

Sea Lions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 11:22 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
why because, you don't like the topic? free speech isn't allowed then?
No Mangokiwi, it's because the thread kind of fits the below definition...

Urban Dictionary: Internet Troll

Old 02-02-2015, 11:23 AM

Location: SF Bay Area, aka, Liberal Mecca/wherever DoD sends me to
713 posts, read 1,081,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
why because, you don't like the topic? free speech isn't allowed then?
I am a Hispanic male who is a California native (born in the Bay Area) and I haven't had much issues with whites (in fact, I actually pursue more Anglo white women than Hispanic women) and nor do I know a lot of my fellow kin who do. In fact, there's more issues between blacks and Hispanics but that's a different story.

That's why

Old 02-02-2015, 11:32 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
Quote:
And before them, seals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
phht.

Sea Lions.
Both

Old 02-02-2015, 11:53 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy92832 View Post
Do the Hispanics in CA like the Whites?

I was talking with this man I met recently and he was saying he thinks some of the hispanics in the LA-OC area really don't like white people. There's some kind of racial tension going on he was saying. He was saying it's the same kind of tension he observed that was going on with the whites and blacks here in the 1980's. Do you agree?
I don't agree at all. I hope that my wife and her family does not agree either as they are Hispanics while I am white. We are in the LA area a couple times a month and interact with a lot of differant people, people of all races and we don't seem to have any problems at all where ever we seem to go. Maybe it has a lot to do with how you treat people. I have been living on this planet for almost 50 years now and have never had an issue with any other person. I have friends of all races and nationalities and feel welcome whereever I go. I would hope that others feel welcome around me.

Old 02-02-2015, 11:53 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,195,871 times
Quote:
But thankfully, it was developed by white ingenuity with help from Mexican and Chinese labor or it might be like Tijuana, Juarez, etc. today. Reconquista, y'all!
Quite right!

Old 02-02-2015, 12:24 PM

3,477 posts, read 6,507,394 times
Quote:
phht.

Sea Lions.
Didn't Sir Francis Drake claim it for Queen Elizabeth too? Anyway, I never saw how a little string of churches on the coast from the SF Bay south and no more Spanish speaking people than could fit in your average community college stadium representing some deep and storied claim by the Mexicans (who claimed it for like a whopping 27 years). They claimed everything down to Panama at one time too but you don't see any of them demanding Nicaragua and Costa Rica back.

Old 02-02-2015, 04:08 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
Didn't Sir Francis Drake claim it for Queen Elizabeth too? Anyway, I never saw how a little string of churches on the coast from the SF Bay south and no more Spanish speaking people than could fit in your average community college stadium representing some deep and storied claim by the Mexicans (who claimed it for like a whopping 27 years). They claimed everything down to Panama at one time too but you don't see any of them demanding Nicaragua and Costa Rica back.
Spurious at best.

Old 02-02-2015, 04:50 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
Quote:
More than will EVER be reported or discussed in the general public dialogue.
^^^True

Old 02-02-2015, 10:43 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,768,493 times
Quote:
And before that, Spanish and before that, Indian. But thankfully, it was developed by white ingenuity with help from Mexican and Chinese labor or it might be like Tijuana, Juarez, etc. today. Reconquista, y'all!
I see no reason for your history lesson. Latino_Esq's post was not at all Reconquista in tone, it was pretty much straight up we work hard and are grateful to be in this country, the USA. White ingenuity? You mean like racially restrictive covenants to property and separate but equal institutions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California