Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 05:56 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,309,298 times

Advertisements

To top it off. A client just gifted me a gift card for 2 players at Pebble Beach. TV is nice, but doing is better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 07:59 PM

361 posts, read 837,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8to32characters View Post
Florida may have warmer winters than California, but I wouldn't go so far as to call Florida winters "better" than those of California, especially Southern California.

Although winter is California's "rainy" season and Florida's "dry" season, Florida winters, especially in the southern third of the state where most Floridians reside, are wetter overall than just about every locale in Southern California, so humidity levels remain somewhat high throughout the winter months. Even in the wintertime, most people in Florida will be running their A/C to take the humidity out of the air and prevent the buildup of mold and other dampness-related issues.
I really prefer humidity, at least everything is green and beautiful and it's better for the skin, did you notice that people looks younger in humid climates ?
In socal, everything is brown and dusty, humidity in South Florida during fall,winter,spring is perfect for me
I also like that fact that it's still warm during the night, in CA you always need a jacket with you, the sunset is after 6pm in Florida during winter, in Socal it's even before 5pm, way too dark for me if you have SAD
And I didn't talk about the water temp at the beach ...

Old 02-25-2015, 08:36 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,500,469 times
Plenty moist here in Del Norte County. High today 60 degrees, light wind when I walked my dog by the ocean.

You want serious humidity, you're welcome to it. Lived in TN for 5 years, and I never ever ever ever ever want to experience that amount of humidity again.

I do miss the fireflies. Not enough to ever ever ever move back.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:50 PM

21,734 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Plenty moist here in Del Norte County. High today 60 degrees, light wind when I walked my dog by the ocean.

You want serious humidity, you're welcome to it. Lived in TN for 5 years, and I never ever ever ever ever want to experience that amount of humidity again.

I do miss the fireflies. Not enough to ever ever ever move back.
Four "evers"? Whoa! That's a seriously long time!
Like rating a movie. But in negative!

Old 02-25-2015, 09:00 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,020,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenchili View Post
Ha! Me too,,i cant imagine living in snow and cold.
The only thing wrong with light snow is when the city doesn't properly plan for it.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Four "evers"? Whoa! That's a seriously long time!
Like rating a movie. But in negative!
LOL, only four? There were many nice things about living in TN, such as fireflies and great thunder and lightening storms. But, living with humidity was not pleasant. Don't care how good it is for your skin. I walked around for half the year in nylons and a suit with a sheen of sweat under it. Before I even got to my office, forget the curled hair I had meticulously worked on - perms were the only way to go. Then, you show up to work with "only" frizzy hair instead of flat hair.

Never ever ever ever ever ever...how many make my point? LOL! If you're from the west with very minimal humidity, and you move somewhere where it's humid, you quickly learn that you get what you pay for, with regards to COL.

Old 02-25-2015, 11:39 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,841,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmanu View Post
I really prefer humidity, at least everything is green and beautiful and it's better for the skin, did you notice that people looks younger in humid climates ?
In socal, everything is brown and dusty, humidity in South Florida during fall,winter,spring is perfect for me
I also like that fact that it's still warm during the night, in CA you always need a jacket with you, the sunset is after 6pm in Florida during winter, in Socal it's even before 5pm, way too dark for me if you have SAD
And I didn't talk about the water temp at the beach ...
Bit of a bug discrepancy between the two, as well. They seem to love that wet heat, no?

Old 02-25-2015, 11:52 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,936,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Bit of a bug discrepancy between the two, as well. They seem to love that wet heat, no?
I went to SE Kansas last summer, and had bugs that looked straight out of Men In Black all over my Jeep.

T'was quite lovely.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:25 AM

Oh man. The year I moved to Nashville from WA, was one of the 13 year plague years for cicadas. They were biblical, flying everywhere, getting in you hair, crunching under foot, stuck to your windshield...

I was walking in downtown Nashville with someone after first moving there, and noticed the birds were singing in the middle of the night and mentioned how amazing and unusual that was. Birds? he asked? Those are cicadas. Bugs.

And the cockroaches are biblical. Even if you spray regularly. Go into your kitchen in the middle of the night and turn on the light and you can see and hear them scatter.

And forget about leaving your toothbrush out - they like toothpaste, too.

Now, ask me if I'd rather live in CA or somewhere humid.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:50 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,841,346 times
Hey, all we want is a big house, for super cheap, right? Don't need none of this sweatin' the details gibberish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California