Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 08:24 AM

6,900 posts, read 8,271,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truewalker View Post
Do not travel to or move to foothills east of Fresno.There is no water just crime and drug addicts.I made the mistake of moving there after seeing all the rich homes.But they are safe from all of this unlike the average person.The roads are also unsafe at any speed and everything you buy will cost a lot more,not to forget gas.I thought living up here would be worth the price but you will learn very quickly its not.Save your money and do yourself a favor,leave the state.You are one of the lucky ones if you read this and take my advice.Otherwise I will see you soon,after your car breaks down,then someone stops to rob you,then someone comes around the curve and runs you over but not to worry because the grass fire someone started will take care of your remains.
Are home values going up or down in that area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 10:51 AM

33 posts, read 42,258 times
Default Home and property value down

I can make paint on a car look good with water,please no more photos of flowers.Also you hit the nail on the head with pollution.It blows out of the city and gets trapped up here.I have been told our blood is no good to donate due to the pollution.I am beginning to feel like Moses and maybe God is telling me to warn others.For it will not be long before all the water is gone up here and the flowers die and the insects eat the trees.Lightning will strike and fire will ravage the houses as people flee the region.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:03 AM

21,734 posts, read 16,346,385 times
No question about it. The Apocalypse is descending upon us even as we post.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:22 PM

8,214 posts, read 16,697,627 times
Quote:
I can make paint on a car look good with water,please no more photos of flowers.Also you hit the nail on the head with pollution.It blows out of the city and gets trapped up here.I have been told our blood is no good to donate due to the pollution.I am beginning to feel like Moses and maybe God is telling me to warn others.For it will not be long before all the water is gone up here and the flowers die and the insects eat the trees.Lightning will strike and fire will ravage the houses as people flee the region.
So basically you see no good in the area whatsoever including the beauty that's obviously there? It's really just all gloom and doom for you? That's a sad state of affairs indeed. I think its time to move out of there and possibly the entire state.

Is there anything else keeping you in CA besides the house of course?

Where will you migrate to next? What will be your ideal place away from all of this?

Derek

Old 03-14-2015, 01:18 AM

Default MtnSurfer

I stay here because most of my family is here.As far as where I would go instead,that`s a secret.I know this forum is a place to tell those secrets but look what happened to the buffalo,beaver,Calif. gold rush,video rental or housing market boom.Humans will always be drawn to good things that they think are easy.It`s great this forum exists to give others an insight to other places.So with that said,the hills east of Fresno have ended,just like all the other good things that ran there course.My only hope is others will tell the truth so we can all have a better picture of elsewhere.Think of the Venus fly trap if you travel towards these hills.If you do,then maybe your eyes might see the truth.

Old 03-14-2015, 01:33 AM

Well, if your family is still here then you may want to explore other, better options within the state itself. Sometimes proximity to family trumps that secret shangri la, especially if its no longer a reasonable drive to visit them. I know after moving out of state to CO and then back family was a huge draw. That and we got really tired of snow and cold.

Derek

Old 03-14-2015, 02:36 AM

Default Mtnsurfer

Thank you for the kind honest words.I have been thinking of what you said and am looking towards the west hills.They seem to be less popular and crowded.

Old 03-14-2015, 03:38 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,894 times
Fresno county has adopted a marijuana grow ordinance similar to others taking effect in the north state .
You can now do something about the dope growers in your area ....
contact you sheriff for help .....and review your law.

No one has to live with the destruction of their community because of marijuana production

Old 03-14-2015, 12:40 PM

Default notmeofficer

We went down that road with the county sheriff already and were told to take care of it our self.That`s when we began to pay the Asian dope growers for protection.Not a whole lot I want to say about it except we are now safe from other growers and meth cookers moving in.Things have improved but it comes at a cost.I guess you could call it a poor mans security gated community now.This is not new to us because we were a victim to the same thing in the city before we came up here.Maybe the western foothills will provide an escape from this.I think freedom of any kind anywhere will come at a cost of what you can or are willing to pay though.

Old 03-14-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Thank you for the kind honest words.I have been thinking of what you said and am looking towards the west hills.They seem to be less popular and crowded.
You can definitely do better within the state itself. Life's too short to live like that. We have members on here with experience in many different locations. I recommend doing a more exhaustive search before the next move and ask plenty of questions first. You can getting the inside scoop form locals in the know. Checking the recent crime statistics can help as well.

If you are speaking of West Hills near Woodland Hills I think it would be much nicer overall based on what you are looking for. Here is a recent post about that area: West Hills / Box Canyon

I like that general area as one moves away from the SFV and closer to Agoura Hills, Thousand Oaks, etc...

BTW, my father-in-law moved back to CA after moving to CO as well. He was just too far from extended family. He retired along the Central Coast which he and his wife enjoy.

Derek
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California