Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 10:43 AM

379 posts, read 785,438 times

Advertisements

SLO county is a great place for a retired couple. SLO itself, Pismo Beach, Avila Beach, and Morro Bay are particularly nice. It's a beautiful, quiet area with all the basic amenities you're looking for, and you rarely hit traffic. The only real disadvantage, if it matters to you, is that you're near very close to any major airports.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 12:34 PM

71 posts, read 82,012 times
Yeah, don't call it san louie

Personally I do think SLO gets hot, or at least hotter than say the 5 cities area. It is also more expensive. Not to mention all the college kids running around.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:26 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,955,562 times
Yep, it has lots going for a retired couple. I suppose you can fly to LA on a short-hopper to make connection for a longer flight.

And, it has just about all the shopping you can ever need. Lots of organic food grown in the area and it appears the healthcare is adequate as long as the hospital you use is affiliated with a larger more specialty oriented hospital group. A friend had an accident and fell down a flight of stairs and broke ribs with a head contusion. In the ER the doctor noted a heart irregularity and with scanning noted he had multiple clogged arteries. As the hospital was too small to do bypasses he was shipped to San Francisco for the operation. So, all was good even living away from a Metropolitan Area.

Other than that, it is a retiree's paradise!!!

Old 05-01-2015, 08:30 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,755,796 times
What are the differences in hospitals from Twin Cities, AG, Sierra, French, Cottage, and Marian? I might make a separate thread if I can't get answers. Is it true none of the SLO county hospitals offer kimo therapy or cancer treatment? Does Marian offer cardio/heart surgeries? I hear Cottage is better for eye surgeries? Yet somethings like bypasses and specialized high quality back surgeries are found in the bay area?

I'm interested to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California