Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 04:24 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Um, yeah, shooter. I mean, um, no. The OP didn't use "an overly dramatic stat". At all. It is a non-existent-in-reality-stat. A non-stat by any stretch of anyone's imagination (except the OP's apparently?) It is a mind boggling brain-fart. Period. There is no "point being made" except self ridicule.

And, as I am rather fond of pointing out, there will always be a place that is "highest" cost and another that is "lowest" cost. What's significant is not that California is "highest". What's significant is the difference between our cost and other places - and the reasons for that difference. The difference between California price and the national average runs $15 - $20 per month for the average driver. In a state that offers the amenities and QOL we enjoy, and savings in other energy prices due to a mild climate for about 90% of our population - uh, that's barely even peanuts. To say nothing of the generally higher average incomes here that also offset.

For another example: If bread brands in a store are $2.99, $3.00, and $3.01 respectively, one is "highest" price compared to the others. You buy the $2.99 loaf because it is cheap, although unhealthy bleached flour white bread. I'm going ahead for the extra $0.02 to get the whole wheat.

As for the reasons? Yes. Pretty damn good ones. Such as special blends expense to serve the quality of the air you and your family and neighbors breathe.

You're welcome.
Ahhh, the good ol only look at the difference and not the total cost routine. You sound like a car salesman trying to justify the cost of a new car because the monthly payments between the price the buyers wants and the price the dealer wants is just $20 a month over the duration of the loan.

It is amazing people will scream to high heavan about oil company profits being way too high then later tell us the gas tax is reasonable when the state is making more off of a gallon of gas than the oil companies.

I'm surprised people are not filling up the morgues in other states without the special blends saving the air. The federal standards for gas is adequate, no need to pay even more. Californians are becoming just as bad as Texans, always thinking they are special.

I almost forgot to add "but you can ski and surf in one day so anything the legislator does is ok!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2015, 08:00 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Ahhh, the good ol only look at the difference and not the total cost routine. You sound like a car salesman trying to justify the cost of a new car because the monthly payments between the price the buyers wants and the price the dealer wants is just $20 a month over the duration of the loan.

It is amazing people will scream to high heavan about oil company profits being way too high then later tell us the gas tax is reasonable when the state is making more off of a gallon of gas than the oil companies.

I'm surprised people are not filling up the morgues in other states without the special blends saving the air. The federal standards for gas is adequate, no need to pay even more. Californians are becoming just as bad as Texans, always thinking they are special.

I almost forgot to add "but you can ski and surf in one day so anything the legislator does is ok!"
The solution is easy Shooting- move out of California, you clearly hate the state and everything about it, so why stay and poison every thread with your angst?

Old 03-16-2015, 08:03 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
We just returned from a road trip from Seattle to the SF Bay Area and were pleasantly surprised to see that the gas prices there were only about 10-15 cents more than here. Oregon was a little lower than here, and of course, they pump it for you. When we went to CA in April last year, gas prices in CA were more like 20-30 cents higher than here.

Old 03-16-2015, 08:56 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The solution is easy Shooting- move out of California, you clearly hate the state and everything about it, so why stay and poison every thread with your angst?
Lol, if you don't like it you should move argument. Why do you fear dissent so much? Why does it bother you that everyone is not in lock step with the majority?

I will influence local politics to the best of my abilities to change the direction of the state to what I think is best. I will also continue to post my opinion on these forums as long as I feel like it, no matter how much you complain.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:12 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Lol, if you don't like it you should move argument. Why do you fear dissent so much? Why does it bother you that everyone is not in lock step with the majority?

I will influence local politics to the best of my abilities to change the direction of the state to what I think is best. I will also continue to post my opinion on these forums as long as I feel like it, no matter how much you complain.
If you read my posts I think you know that I do not fear dissent

Old 03-17-2015, 12:30 AM

2,821 posts, read 3,536,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
so in the alternate universe of mbell only a person who commutes should have the honor of making the most posts in this thread? I have to think about that for a minute..no, wait I can't think about it, it makes my head hurt
No, just tired of the antics. Arguing with people and creating drama in a thread about an issue that does not effect him directly at all. Thats total troll behavior.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:34 AM

9,891 posts, read 11,757,343 times
Here in the Rocky Mountains we are buying gas for $1.03 less than in California. It cost me about $22 less to fill up yesterday than it would have in California.

Old 03-17-2015, 06:30 AM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
Here in the Rocky Mountains we are buying gas for $1.03 less than in California. It cost me about $22 less to fill up yesterday than it would have in California.
We can take it you'll be staying there then?

Old 03-17-2015, 06:37 AM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
No, just tired of the antics. Arguing with people and creating drama in a thread about an issue that does not effect him directly at all. Thats total troll behavior.
As opposed to crawling through threads to find postings by people you don't like so you can call them trolls - without even discussing the topic the "troll" contributes too? Like that mbell?

Old 03-17-2015, 08:32 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,683,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
We can take it you'll be staying there then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California