Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2015, 10:15 AM

4 posts, read 7,136 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Ridgecrest soon what are the veterinarians like there? Any recommended or to avoid? Which is best for cats and if you have a pet rabbit where do you take it for vet care, are the ones in Ridgecrest good enough with rabbits to perform more complex surgeries or do you go to a more experienced vet elsewhere? If so where? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2015, 04:15 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,528,851 times
Lancaster and Palmdale are approximately 80 miles south of Ridgecrest. There are tons of veterinarians there in those cities.

Old 03-17-2015, 05:17 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,372,368 times
I have a friend who lives in Onyx and works in Ridgecrest who uses a vet from that area. They raise and train mules but they also have dogs so they will probably know a good small animal vet in your area. I do know they go to Bakersfield for some of their mule work. If you google Spring Canyon Mule Makers, you'll find their phone numbers. I also think there's a vet or two in the Kernville, Lake Isabella area. Good luck in your search.

Old 03-18-2015, 04:59 AM

4 posts, read 7,136 times
Thanks! I will investigate.

Old 05-08-2017, 02:06 AM

1 posts, read 425 times
VCA Crestwood has taken care of my mom's and my cats for years. They give us options and costs up front. If I say, "No I'll pass on..." I am not pressured. They give a senior discount to my mom. As far as I know Crestwood is the only vet that works with the local Humane Society's low cost spay and neuter program. They also rehabilitate injured wildlife.
We took our 3 bunnies to Palmdale Veterinary Hospital for spaying and neutering. They were great. In an emergency, Crestwood might see them. There are no exzotic pet specialest in town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California