Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 05:16 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I really don't agree with Gascon, and reading a wiki page with resume info isn't really learning about someone. He, like other SF da's before him, is soft on crime.

Lansdowne was heading the ship and is ultimately the person responsible. That is how it works when in charge. When you create a culture of misbehavior you are the root cause.

How do you know I have not contacted my representatives re prop 47? I am very involved in local politics. Anyways, a forum is for debating the issues of the day. Sorry you do not see that as a good use of time.
Maybe some people like discussions where the same opinion is endlessly reiterated but never supported with any facts, I don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 05:17 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Maybe some people like discussions where the same opinion is endlessly reiterated but never supported with any facts, I don't.
Sounds like you are describing your own posts. Anyways, I will leave this thread alone unless new discussions emerge.

Old 03-19-2015, 06:28 PM

21,724 posts, read 16,323,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Sounds like you are describing your own posts. Anyways, I will leave this thread alone unless new discussions emerge.
Now wait a minute, shooter. Sleepy HAS provided a steady supply of facts to this thread. And she's right, you have only expressed opinions.

Old 03-19-2015, 09:46 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Now wait a minute, shooter. Sleepy HAS provided a steady supply of facts to this thread. And she's right, you have only expressed opinions.
The only facts sleepy has supplied is cherry picked funding comparisons, unsubstantiated recidivism rate for one county and wildly inaccurate per capita prisoner costs. I have provided plenty of facts and a good amount of personal opinion. Though I do not like to talk about work, my career is closely related to criminal justice and I have first hand experience with prop 47, realignment, recidivism and the various state programs to keep first offenders out of prison. I would be happy to give you more info via pm if you would like.

Old 03-25-2015, 10:39 AM

8,326 posts, read 6,417,109 times
I heard on the radio today that chief Beck says crime is up in every police district in Los Angeles. When criminals aren't in jail guess what they do. This has to be obvious to even a kid.
I hope everyone stupid enough to vote for 47 wakes up to a home invasion robber in their house.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:23 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
I heard on the radio today that chief Beck says crime is up in every police district in Los Angeles. When criminals aren't in jail guess what they do. This has to be obvious to even a kid.
I hope everyone stupid enough to vote for 47 wakes up to a home invasion robber in their house.
V8 I know you are going to hate to hear this, but it doesn't seem to have much to do with Prop 47 "Beck has attributed the rise to how LAPD classifies those crimes, an increase in domestic violence and alcohol-fueled street attacks. The classification change came after a Times investigation last year found the department significantly understated the city's true level of crime when it misclassified nearly 1,200 serious violent crimes as low-level offenses during a recent one-year period."

Violent crime up 26% in Los Angeles, LAPD chief says - LA Times

Old 03-25-2015, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
V8 I know you are going to hate to hear this, but it doesn't seem to have much to do with Prop 47 "Beck has attributed the rise to how LAPD classifies those crimes, an increase in domestic violence and alcohol-fueled street attacks. The classification change came after a Times investigation last year found the department significantly understated the city's true level of crime when it misclassified nearly 1,200 serious violent crimes as low-level offenses during a recent one-year period."

Violent crime up 26% in Los Angeles, LAPD chief says - LA Times
Dang it

Well, it's still okay to hope Democrats wake up to criminals in their homes anyways, isn't it? I hope!

Old 03-25-2015, 12:47 PM

807 posts, read 897,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Dang it

Well, it's still okay to hope Democrats wake up to criminals in their homes anyways, isn't it? I hope!
But according to the excessively conservative, all Democrats ARE criminals! They price-fix gasoline to be triple other places, kill good companies like the one that improved neighborhoods by supplementing the local lead and arsenic content, have turned California into a radical Islamic state, create homeless people, are homeless people, are people who do not work jobs but have Internet access, and are people who do not work but have the power to raises taxes causing everyone to be so poor that the median home price (which includes counting 1 bd condos) is $500k to $600k.

Old 03-25-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveNotCommute View Post
But according to the excessively conservative, all Democrats ARE criminals! They price-fix gasoline to be triple other places, kill good companies like the one that improved neighborhoods by supplementing the local lead and arsenic content, have turned California into a radical Islamic state, create homeless people, are homeless people, are people who do not work jobs but have Internet access, and are people who do not work but have the power to raises taxes causing everyone to be so poor that the median home price (which includes counting 1 bd condos) is $500k to $600k.
And shame on them for that too.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:14 AM

8,326 posts, read 6,417,109 times
I heard on the radio this morning that in Sacrememto county 60% of the crimminals released because of 47 are now back in jail after committing yet another crime against some poor innocent person.
Democrats are always saying their for the little guy. A loss of two weeks pay which is what $950 is to a low wage worker is just devastating. Democrats coulden't care less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California