Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 05:08 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times

Advertisements

That's true, I read it and here is the article in it's entirety for you to peruse Inmates released under Prop 47 -- Where are they now? | Local News - KCRA Home - however, if you actually read the article you will find this:

Since Prop 47 passed last November, Placer County has released 28 inmates and four are back in custody -- a return rate of 14 percent.

The numbers are similar in Stanislaus County, where 17 percent of the 619 inmates released have returned -- a total of 106 people.

In San Joaquin County, 12 of the 127 inmates released are now back in custody, a return rate of 9 percent.

But in Sacramento County, 25 of the 42 inmates released are back in custody -- a return rate of 60 percent.

Statewide numbers from the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation show that 3,068 inmates were released from California prisons since Prop 47 passed last November. Since then, just 14 have returned -- a recidivism rate of .005 percent.

So what does that tell us? Actually nothing, at least not yet. The Sacramento number might be an outlier, but only time will tell. Now please tell us the relevance of your posting that and what the heck it has to do with Democrats?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 12:58 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
I heard on the radio this morning that in Sacrememto county 60% of the crimminals released because of 47 are now back in jail after committing yet another crime against some poor innocent person.
Democrats are always saying their for the little guy. A loss of two weeks pay which is what $950 is to a low wage worker is just devastating. Democrats coulden't care less.
I heard on the radio this morning that spelling ability has seen an alarming decrease in uber-conservo interwebs posts.

Old 03-27-2015, 11:18 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
I heard on the radio this morning that spelling ability has seen an alarming decrease in uber-conservo interwebs posts.
I see you have no real response. You sure are racking up the logical fallacies over the last 24 hours.

Old 03-27-2015, 11:23 AM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I see you have no real response. You sure are racking up the logical fallacies over the last 24 hours.
What is a "logical fallacy" about bdg's observation?

There are plenty of observations you could make about the comment, one way or t'other. But "logical fallacy" is entirely inapplicable.

Old 03-27-2015, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
What is a "logical fallacy" about bdg's observation?

There are plenty of observations you could make about the comment, one way or t'other. But "logical fallacy" is entirely inapplicable.
Appeal to ridicule - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Red Herring

Old 03-27-2015, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Yes. An "informal fallacy". Not a "logical fallacy". There are no applications of logical reasoning, nor intent, in the ridicule. Nor was there in the statement being ridiculed. Logic is a deductive science. Not a rhetorical jousting match. bdg was applying facetious sophistry to counter ignorant sophistry.

Old 03-27-2015, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Yes. An "informal fallacy". Not a "logical fallacy". There are no applications of logical reasoning, nor intent, in the ridicule. Nor was there in the statement being ridiculed. Logic is a deductive science. Not a rhetorical jousting match. bdg was applying facetious sophistry to counter ignorant sophistry.
It is telling you are more worried about the type of fallacy used than the fallacy itself.

I held you in higher regards; seems I am mistaken.

Old 03-27-2015, 11:51 AM

Quote:
It is telling you are more worried about the type of fallacy used than the fallacy itself.

I held you in higher regards; seems I am mistaken.
Heh. No, not a bit "worried" . Amused. In this case by Vega's statements, by bdg's humorous quip, and now by your misapplication of logic to obvious ridicule.

Seems you are the one taking offense? Do you really support Vega's incessantly erroneous vituperations? I doubt it.

Old 03-27-2015, 02:09 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
If V8 the Great shall post fantastic truthiness, we simply expect a modicum of basic writing ability, no matter how outlandish the content. To demonstrate less than such ability is to all but negate one's own point, which makes the whole operation silly.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:13 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
I have a new Chromebook which I absolutely love, at this time I'll never buy a regular computer again, super fast and no wierd computer problems. Only trouble is spell check dosen't work on it and I don't take the time to look up spelling unless its so bad no one could figure it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California