U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-22-2008, 12:01 PM

8,257 posts, read 11,184,559 times

Advertisements

I wonder if the OP really meant "idealistic" or did she mean "ideal".
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 02:00 PM

142 posts, read 353,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules0529 View Post
I'm a female, 25, single, no children, and have a career where I'm not tied down to a particular city. I've always had dreams of living somewhere near or on the beach in California. I don't know much about the coast but I know that I'd like to live somewhere where the scenery is beautiful, surfing is involved (I really want to learn how to surf and do it regularly.. wouldn't mind the surfer boys either LOL), the restaurant, shopping, and nightlife scene is pretty decent or near somewhere decent, and has a youthful vibe to it. Any ideas? Thanks!
Let me tell you about Pismo Beach, it's a small beach community between Los Angeles and San Francisco. It has some of the most scenic views that you'll find. The surfing is not the greatest, but they do surf here. There are many fine restaurtants with beautiful ocean front views. It is kinda touristy, which just means people love to come here and relax. I love the Splash Cafe, which has great clam chowder. Google Pismo Beach and check it out!!

Old 01-22-2008, 02:58 PM

6,736 posts, read 6,387,880 times
Don't forget Santa Cruz for surfing.

Old 01-22-2008, 03:13 PM

3,477 posts, read 9,052,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Don't forget Santa Cruz for surfing.
Don't forget about Capitola next to Santa Cruz Capitola, Capitola, CA - Dog Freindly Santa Cruz Destination: A favorite beach destination for families and their canine companions. Sponsored by Living with Dogs www.livingwithdogs.us

Old 01-22-2008, 03:15 PM

21 posts, read 64,006 times
Capitola, CA (near Santa Cruz) is an adorable beach town.

Old 01-22-2008, 03:16 PM

21 posts, read 64,006 times
So is Pismo Beach. Lot's of fun to had.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:05 PM

799 posts, read 2,802,263 times
Default S.c.

Santa Cruz!!! lotta beautiful men (inside and out), very female friendly area, beautiful beaches, great surfing, relatively easy to be a woman there for it's a tolerant and diverse area where people are healthy but there isn't the pressure there to have the perfect body, etc. .... strong counter culture, lotta freaks (i mean that in a good way!) but plenty of main stream people too. UCSC is there, good night life, great musicians play in the area regularly, lots of hiking, biking, etc.
Monterey less than an hour south and S.F. less than 2 hours to the north and Tahoe area less than 5 hours away depending on traffic.
Very liberal place. Best mj laws anywhere

Old 01-27-2008, 06:10 PM

58 posts, read 386,036 times
I hear ya

The waters along the coasts of central and northern California are pretty cold. So not as many surfers except during summer...though the real surfers don't mind the cold since they wear wetsuits (i'm married to one of those surfer boys!).

The water from LA down to San Diego is warmer year round, especially during summer. Young, single, hip, trendy, cute, etc. I think your best bets are Beach Cities of LA like Manhattan Beach and Hermosa Beach as well as the beach cities of Orange County like Laguna. Just look at a map...or watch a lot of MTV and you'll see which cities are along the coast between LA and SD.

We have lots of single and couple friends (without kids) in the Manhattan Beach area..and they just LOVE it.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:32 PM

101 posts, read 438,254 times
Surf city . . . Huntington Beach. The surf Mecca. Although, as mentioned by another poster, the old laid back surf vibe is dead with most of the young bucks. And the old cheap surf shacks/apartments aren't cheap anymore and occupied by yuppies who don't even go to the beach.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:23 PM

409 posts, read 1,274,262 times
Default ca?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules0529 View Post
I'm a female, 25, single, no children, and have a career where I'm not tied down to a particular city. I've always had dreams of living somewhere near or on the beach in California. I don't know much about the coast but I know that I'd like to live somewhere where the scenery is beautiful, surfing is involved (I really want to learn how to surf and do it regularly.. wouldn't mind the surfer boys either LOL), the restaurant, shopping, and nightlife scene is pretty decent or near somewhere decent, and has a youthful vibe to it. Any ideas? Thanks!
move to hawaii
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California