Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 05:43 PM

486 posts, read 828,267 times

Advertisements

I've lived in SD and now I'm in SR. I would pick SD over Santa Rosa, more stuff to do and winters are warmer and less rain. But SR is closer to better skiing and there are nicer green and open areas in SR. There are some trashy places in SR but the same can be said of some places in San Diego.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2015, 12:50 PM
zdg

845 posts, read 1,965,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nujabes2323 View Post
I wouldn't want to live in SR. I would choose a smaller town like Heldsburg for a small town feel and I plan on renting an apartment...
Healdsburg is fantastic, but is generally more expensive now than SR. Don't let the people howling "traffic!" scare you, it's not that bad (if non-existent) between Healdsburg and SR.

Quote:
How is Santa Rosa weather in the winter? How low does it get? Is sunshine usually out? Do all the trees usually die? Grass stays green?
Well, you've got it backwards. Rainy season here is winter, so the greenest part of the year is from November to April (WHEN it rains, which is hasn't for a couple years). Winter days are usually in the 50s/low 60s and overcast or rainy (Nov to Mar or so) during the day and cold but not quite freezing (with exception) at night. Summer in Sonoma County (SR) is just about perfect. Zero rain, low humidity, and warm to hot during the days. Fog in the mornings, but usually lifts by 10 or 11am and then sunny all afternoon from April through October. Healdsburg tends to be a little hotter than SR, but not by a lot. Grass is brown (unless you water it) from April through October, but the golden rolling hills are actually just as pretty as the green rolling hills.

Quote:
I love to surf so I wanna pick Poway but on the other end I enjoy hiking and exploring and SR (Northern California) looks AMAZING.
Tons of surfers every weekend just north of Bodega Bay, about 40 minutes drive from SR. Not sure how it compares to SD, but it does exist here.

I'd vote SR but I've never been to Poway and can't compare. I will say that there is virtually no nightlife in SR or Healdsburg, so that you don't care about alcohol or clubbing is a huge relief.

Old 06-12-2015, 10:09 AM

82 posts, read 106,123 times
Santa Rosa. Many beautiful smaller towns in the area, fantastic for outdoor activities, great food and wine, usually sunny and temperate climate, easy access to San Francisco and many other nearby places for great day trips. (Reasonably) affordable apartments in some of the SR suburbs too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California