Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2015, 08:32 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,469,326 times

Advertisements

I am not from out West, I have no dog in the fight. I really enjoyed In and Out Burger especially for a chain I thought their burgers and fries were pretty good. Five Guys Burger is good, I enjoy the taste of their burgers but its over priced and its super un healthy. In and Out Burger is a legendary place in California its part of their culture sort of like Chick Fil A in the South.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:41 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,029,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
One may not prefer In N Out, but the hype is real. there's a reason why the drive thrus are always 10+ cars deep during lunch and dinner hours. it's clear that a lot of people like In N Out and it's been this way for a long time. The combination of taste and price is unmatched by any other large fast food restaurant in existence.
So what does that prove? People like fast food crap. Same reason people smoke cigarettes.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:01 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityKing View Post
No way ! In N Out is more like the California version of McDonalds.
Nah, that would be Jack in the Box.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:02 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,743,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post

mind = blown people eat there.

the burger and fries are 100% flavorless. there are so many better options for food.

for starters, fat burger and 5 guys > the universe > In-N-Out. dead serious.

i've eaten at in n out a few times just so i could give it another try but no. just no. if you like that place u probably failed restaurant knowledge 101.

how can that place be packed? the only thing i can think of is the fact that it's cheap so people of "limited means" enjoy going there.

here's another example. the Clubhouse burger from McDonalds > anything from in n out.
No, I cannot give you reputation points for this. Sorry.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:03 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
I am not from out West, I have no dog in the fight. I really enjoyed In and Out Burger especially for a chain I thought their burgers and fries were pretty good. Five Guys Burger is good, I enjoy the taste of their burgers but its over priced and its super un healthy. In and Out Burger is a legendary place in California its part of their culture sort of like Chick Fil A in the South.
Bingo. CFA has a cult following, but after living in Georgia for 8 years I can tell you that it's not as great as everyone tells you it is. It's good, but honestly Zaxby's is better.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:46 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,118,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
I don't think that is the case. I just don't get what people see in In-N-Out. I have no preference between In-N-Out and McD's. I can't tell the difference. It's the same greasy fried crap. When I was younger, I could have probably eaten either one, though neither would have been my preference for fast food. But now I would have a hard time eating that crap, if I was starving.

If anyone disagrees, I would challenge you to go without eating there for one year. Then go back and try it again. I would bet money, you wouldn't be able to eat it anymore.

Honestly I think In-N-Out is just a lot of hype, that has brainwashed Californians, into thinking it's somehow better. JMHO.

You have the right to be wrong. Honestly it sounds like youve never been. Or you went once tried to custom order a burger to match McDs. Insane.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post

Thats a pretty good parallel. Both have fresh never frozen ingredients. Both are really well run and treat their employees very well and you can tell.
If someone cant tell the difference between say a chic fila sandwich and a Wendys chicken sandwich and the difference between In N Out and McDonalds!! Theres something wrong with them.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:55 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,500,469 times
I haven't read all the posts, but I was born and raised in the SF East Bay Area, moved away from 1974 - 1995, and had never heard of an In and Out Burger joint until I came back to CA and lived in Davis CA around 1996. I thought it was okay, but not to die for. I only went there when a friend wanted to go there. It wasn't good enough, in my opinion, to go there on my own.

Next time I tried one in Gilroy, CA in about 2006 with a friend who had moved here from Atlanta, who wanted to try one. We went shopping at the factory outlets and saw it, and she wanted to try it. We both agreed it was awful.

The third and last time I ate at one was last year in Redding, Ca, with a friend who wanted to take me out to lunch and she wanted to eat there. It was decent, but I never ventured there on my own.

I think their food is very inconsistent from restaurant to restaurant, and I find them to be not very tasty anyway, and a little overpriced. For the same money, you'll get a much better burger at Carl's Junior.

I'd rather eat at Jack In The Box any day, if I'm in the mood for a fastfood burger. They're much tastier and juicier, and I think the price is better.

FWIW.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:57 PM

In N Out makes almost every ingredient on their own, including the bun, and it shows in the taste. You can't make your own In N Out burger from Kroger buns, Kroger patties, and generic ketchup. It won't taste like an In N Out burger. NO franchising = ultimate quality control.

Five Guys burgers on the other hand, I can easily make by myself. And if I do make my own generic burger exactly like Five Guys, at least it won't be squashed into a steaming ball of foil like Five Guys does. What was the point of the fresh ingredients if you're just going to smash everything into a messy ball? Crappiest overhyped burgers I've ever had. Forget fries, they should just serve mashed potatoes with their mashed burgers.

And meanwhile.....in Texas...
I guarantee nobody has seen a fast food opening like this!

Old 06-12-2015, 10:06 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,794,475 times
Jack in the Box is one of the worst places to go for a burger, worse than McDonald's, in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California