Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2015, 11:56 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,794,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
What was i expecting? from all the hype i hear about this burger chain i was expecting some one to tell me whats the big deal.
Higher quality and fresher ingredients? thats a given claim for all food establishments,
Prep after you order? i can think of at least 3 local burger joints that do it that way.
Higher paid employees? What extra effort goes into putting a burger together and putting a scoop of fries on the side?
Not sure what you are tasting Rah but it Looks like an ordinary fast food meal from a burger joint to me.=
http://freephotooftheday.clientk.com...rger-vegas.JPG
Why don't you try it first before commenting?

Old 08-16-2015, 12:16 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,668,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Actually no. Unless you can find ONE!? lol, keep trying! What else ya got!

In an industry that tends to treat their workers as they do their animals, the California-based burger chain is in a class of its own. While most fast food restaurants pay their workers under $8 an hour -- with Taco Bell, not so surprisingly, coming in dead last at $7.37 an hour -- In-N-Out starts their employees at $10.50 an hour. That's the highest of any fast food chain in the country, and second place isn't even all that close. (Chipotle clocks in at that runner-up position with $8.53 an hour.)
And the higher-than-average pay doesn't stop simply at the young workers manning the cash registers. While the median wage for a manager of a fast food store is $48,000 per year, employees at In-N-Out can eventually work themselves up to $120,000. That's otherwise unheard of in the industry. Oh yeah: They also give vision, medical, and dental benefits to both their full- and part-time workers.

Why Does In-N-Out Pay So Well? | Food Rant | Food | KCET
LOL. Is that even including even including mom & pops places on the block or in the neighborhood? how about certain small places and or rich areas? You know damn well theres one place that pays better than they do. Remember they're a corporation.

Last edited by owl6969; 08-16-2015 at 12:29 PM..

Old 08-16-2015, 12:19 PM

76 posts, read 85,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owl6969 View Post
lol

is that even including even including mom & pops places on the block or in the neighborhood? how about in certain small places and or rich areas? You know damn well theres at one place that pays better than they do. Remember they're a corporation.
So name one and prove it.

Remember, it has to be a fast food chain.

Old 08-16-2015, 12:19 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,052,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Meanwhile.................in Texas>>>

Build it and they will come! (wait, haven't I heard that line before?"

Old 08-16-2015, 12:21 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,389,384 times
Quote:
I don't believe there's been one person here who's said they've never had a burger from any other burger chain besides In-N-Out.
Wrong. I've had burgers in 47 of the 50 states and in many foreign countries. For my money, In 'N Out is the best hamburger from a fast food joint for the most economical price. In addition, the taste of their food has not changed one iota from the 60's, whereas McDonalds fries, shakes and burgers have gone down the tubes big time.

Of course a restaurant that serves a $12 burger is usually (though not always) superior tasting to In 'N Out. But for the price, convenience and quality, nobody beats In 'N Out.

Old 08-16-2015, 12:22 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,794,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owl6969 View Post
lol

is that even including even including mom & pops places on the block or in the neighborhood? how about in certain small places and or rich areas? You know damn well theres at one place that pays better than they do. Remember they're a corporation.
Mom and pop burger joints aren't included in terms of fast food chains. I'm sure you know that. In-N-Out Burger is the highest paying fast food chain in the nation.

Old 08-16-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
Mom and pop burger joints aren't included in terms of fast food chains. I'm sure you know that. In-N-Out Burger is the highest paying fast food chain in the nation.
if it has to be a corporation then saaawry.

Old 08-16-2015, 12:29 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,761,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
I agree with the OP.

I moved here from another state and could not wait to see what all the fuss was about. I was stunned = mind blown at how bland and meh In-N-Out was.

No thanks
I completely agree with the OP. When they came to Dallas several years back, people made a big deal about it. I think the burgers and fries are bland. The fries especially. I tried it a second time to see if maybe I had a bad meal, but no. That was the last time I went to In N Out. Count me out!

Old 08-16-2015, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
I completely agree with the OP. When they came to Dallas several years back, people made a big deal about it. I think the burgers and fries are bland. The fries especially. I tried it a second time to see if maybe I had a bad meal, but no. That was the last time I went to In N Out. Count me out!
places like that don't want to make em real flavorful.

Old 08-16-2015, 12:38 PM

755 posts, read 675,430 times
I don't know. In N Out hasn't been as good as it use to be lately, maybe my taste buds are changing.

Smash Burger and Fat Burger are way better IMO. I don't eat burgers too often, but that Whopper is rather tasty to be so cheap too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California