Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your favorite?
San Diego 62 56.88%
Orange County 41 37.61%
None 6 5.50%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 07:40 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,597,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
The 'KKK rally' consisted of six people, 6 -- SIX -- people who came to rally in Anaheim. It is not even clear whether those six are from OC. Note that most of their 12 or 13 attackers were from LA.
So the attackers weren't even from OC? I guess I was right about that tolerance....even though I know from experience with OC people that said tolerance is limited and that few OC people support that garbage....maybe the stereotypes are more true than I thought...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2016, 07:44 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,139,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
So the attackers weren't even from OC? I guess I was right about that tolerance....even though I know from experience with OC people that said tolerance is limited and that few OC people support that garbage....maybe the stereotypes are more true than I thought...
Perhaps you need to understand how to oppose abhorrent speech in the same way I would have, had I been there. It's called peaceful counter protest. It's what Anaheim did peacefully the next day.

Old 10-02-2016, 09:32 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times
Quote:
Has Marin had any Klan rallies since the '20s? The KKK was never big there even in its heyday. That cannot be said about OC.

The overwhelming majority of OC residents despise the KKK and are not racists or bigots, but that fringe somehow still manages to hold on, in a way that it doesn't elsewhere in the coastal part of the state. There is a tolerance, limited as it is, that exists, which is not to OC's credit.

Funny how OC people diss SD's white population as too Midwestern/Southern - (as if OC's white population didn't originally come from those regions) or too "white trash" - forgetting that OC used to have a large "white trash" population too, before it sent its white working class to the IE, much like the L.A. that it hates so much, and is now sending its middle class to the IE, again, like the L.A. it hates so much. SD being more economically diverse is a good thing.

The funniest thing of all on this thread is seeing OC people boast about OC"s proximity to L.A. Normally, that just doesn't happen.

P.S. I actually like a lot of things about OC, I just think SD is better.
I know, I'm not sure where people in OC think that majority of their transplants come from exactly. For the Greater LA/OC area the Midwest and South are the biggest source of transplants as well.

United States Migration (Transplants) by Region for PCSAs, 2014

Well they like to use LA when it's convenient but shun it most of the time. I also think it's quite comical seeing someone who lives over 50 miles away, which is 90min to 2 hours in LA/OC time, talk about "proximity" yet call areas 30 miles from SF the "hinterlands".

Old 10-02-2016, 10:24 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,009,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Right because the most racist places in the US don't have minorities (blacks). All those racist places in Deep South are all white and devoid of any minority. Excellent analysis there.... Simple indeed lol.

Ok well tell the LA Times, ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER, The Guardian, ect.. they are printing stories based on myth.
If the deep south is so Racist, why are blacks returning to the South willingly? Why are the majority of black politicians from the south?

It's comical to hear your ramblings, as if it is still 1956. LOL Your home town is probably more racist towards blacks now, than any large city in the south where blacks have power and clout.

Typically you support your arguments with quantifiable data, but your complete lack of facts pretty much suggest you really have nothing factual to offer.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Has Marin had any Klan rallies since the '20s? The KKK was never big there even in its heyday. That cannot be said about OC.

The overwhelming majority of OC residents despise the KKK and are not racists or bigots, but that fringe somehow still manages to hold on, in a way that it doesn't elsewhere in the coastal part of the state. There is a tolerance, limited as it is, that exists, which is not to OC's credit.

Funny how OC people diss SD's white population as too Midwestern/Southern - (as if OC's white population didn't originally come from those regions) or too "white trash" - forgetting that OC used to have a large "white trash" population too, before it sent its white working class to the IE, much like the L.A. that it hates so much, and is now sending its middle class to the IE, again, like the L.A. it hates so much. SD being more economically diverse is a good thing.

The funniest thing of all on this thread is seeing OC people boast about OC"s proximity to L.A. Normally, that just doesn't happen.

P.S. I actually like a lot of things about OC, I just think SD is better.
Pretty sure OC was happy to see the white trash leave, like LA. Not sure why you would want ignorant rednecks around you. But then again, maybe inland SD county is for you.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
If the deep south is so Racist, why are blacks returning to the South willingly? Why are the majority of black politicians from the south?

It's comical to hear your ramblings, as if it is still 1956. LOL Your home town is probably more racist towards blacks now, than any large city in the south where blacks have power and clout.

Typically you support your arguments with quantifiable data, but your complete lack of facts pretty much suggest you really have nothing factual to offer.
Ok? That still doesn't mean the South doesn't have racial and segregation issues still, if you think it doesn't you're quite naive. Not everywhere in the South is like Atlanta either. I'm not the one equating the presence of minorities, or lack thereof, to racism, you are.

Well here's some comedic material for you:
Black Family Driven Out Of Orange County, Calif. Due To Racism (VIDEO) | Huffington Post

OC's blacks experience subtle racism, discrimination - The Orange County Register

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-orange-county

Blacks share their painful stories of bias in Orange County - latimes

Guess all these new organizations are stuck in the 1950's.

Not sure what my hometown has to do with anything, oh yeah it doesn't. Again I suggest you do something about that chip on your shoulder.

Not everything is easily quantifiable, especially a topic like this. When it comes to people's preferences for places such as to live statistics/quantifiable data take a back seat to more subjective aspects. Are you that small minded you think everything can be decided by some algorithm based on quantifiable data?

Old 10-02-2016, 11:03 PM

Oh man this is great, you're so full of it. Apparently you have a new opinion of people from OC:

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
A lot of these others races, mostly white people, tend to see blacks as just one person.
Quote:
Not all of us. Just transplants from back east, people from places like Orange County, conservative rednecks, and other inferior types of people. The more sophisticated whites tend to look into things a bit more in depth.

Truth be told, psycho police have been around forever. I grew up a skate rat in El Segundo and know this first hand. Now that everyone has a cellphone camera, daily police brutality is on display every day. But these are tactics police have used for hundreds of years.

And if you want to talk about a victim mentality, police have the biggest one of all. Police deaths are at an all time low, yet they act as if they are under assault, first wave, omaha beach on D Day. All because people want to hold them accountable. Like, you know, every other working stiff.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/41563352-post88.html:
Quote:
Is this dude trying to compare Zimbabwe ( a country that whites raped and pillaged for years) to racism in the USA? Gee, I wonder why black folks in Zimbabwe could be so hostile to whites? Love the whole 'they will need to deal with America in all it's diversity' crap. As if 'they' aren't already

This is why we laugh at Orange County people in SoCal. On another planet.
Quote:
You should not even be responding to Orange county people, out of common sense, but good stats
http://www.city-data.com/forum/41871526-post76.html

Old 10-03-2016, 12:04 AM

LOL if you can't quantify anything, it is not really a fact. OC is not even a majority non hispanic white anymore. Facts turmp ancedotes every time. You might think that the world is flat based on your feelings, but the reality is it is round.

Just like the reality is SD is home to far more racist organizations than any other SoCal county. I mean seriously did a black person just get shot like 20 times for holding a vape pen in SD county recently?? East County SD in a nutshell there.

Don't get me wrong OC is not my favorite place. But any place in the coastal LA metro is better than living in a small time town like SD.

Old 10-03-2016, 01:12 AM

Quote:
LOL if you can't quantify anything, it is not really a fact. OC is not even a majority non hispanic white anymore. Facts turmp ancedotes every time. You might think that the world is flat based on your feelings, but the reality is it is round.

Just like the reality is SD is home to far more racist organizations than any other SoCal county. I mean seriously did a black person just get shot like 20 times for holding a vape pen in SD county recently?? East County SD in a nutshell there.

Don't get me wrong OC is not my favorite place. But any place in the coastal LA metro is better than living in a small time town like SD.
And the cop who shot that immigrant will assuredly be punished for what he did. Unlike the cops who shot Kelly Thomas.

When was the last time OC juries convicted cops of any charges involving violence and police brutality?

Old 10-03-2016, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I know, I'm not sure where people in OC think that majority of their transplants come from exactly. For the Greater LA/OC area the Midwest and South are the biggest source of transplants as well.

United States Migration (Transplants) by Region for PCSAs, 2014

Well they like to use LA when it's convenient but shun it most of the time. I also think it's quite comical seeing someone who lives over 50 miles away, which is 90min to 2 hours in LA/OC time, talk about "proximity" yet call areas 30 miles from SF the "hinterlands".
Normally, OC people feel the same way about proximity to LA that Sausalito residents feel about proximity to Marin City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California