Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2015, 07:10 PM

4,026 posts, read 4,410,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayDiva View Post
So in theory you would rather have a lazy, caucuasian white immigrant (e.g European) over the educated, tax-paying, law abiding legal immigrants who are non-caucasians (e.g Asians, Hispanics) just because.

Wow, you really are an amazing person. Can you run for president? I'd vote for you.

I don't think immigration should be limited to a specific ethnicity/race/national origin. If there should be a basis, then it should be the potential to contribute to society.
Europe is great because they value quality of life more and give workers more vacation time. Corporations love Asian immigrants because they are willing to work non stop and not demand as much leissure time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2015, 07:11 PM

4,026 posts, read 4,410,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
There is a fine line between stormfront and liberal democrats.

Liberal Race Realism | Occidental Dissent

Old 07-11-2015, 07:38 PM

62,354 posts, read 28,634,738 times
Quote:
Define "American Culture"
Well let's see let's just start with the English language for one thing. Let me tell you what we are not. We are not a Hispanic, Asian, etc. country in identity. We have those groups living here but they are minority cultures. It saddens me that if you are an American that you don't know that or perhaps you are in denial and don't like our identifying culture.

Old 07-11-2015, 07:39 PM

Quote:
If more "Americans" (as seemingly defined here as STRICTLY "White" and "Caucasians" - - happily disregard all 2nd generation immigrants born and bred in the United States, mind you) encouraged college education, science/technology careers to their careers as much as most "ASIANS", then I can tell you more "Americans" will be working in Silicone Valley.
Being American has nothing to do with skin color or race. It's a nationality and a culture.

Old 07-11-2015, 07:44 PM

Quote:
So in theory you would rather have a lazy, caucuasian white immigrant (e.g European) over the educated, tax-paying, law abiding legal immigrants who are non-caucasians (e.g Asians, Hispanics) just because.

Wow, you really are an amazing person. Can you run for president? I'd vote for you.

I don't think immigration should be limited to a specific ethnicity/race/national origin. If there should be a basis, then it should be the potential to contribute to society.
Why in the world would you make such a remark? The one you are replying never even implied such a thing. Why would you use white/caucasian as an example of laziness? Hmm. I think I am starting to see the picture now.

If you don't want immigration limited to one specific ethnicity, etc. then why don't you have a problem with most legal and illegal immigration coming from Mexico and other Latino countries? I agree with getting back to diversity in our immigration numbers but that isn't what is happening today.

Old 07-11-2015, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
That's not the issue. Corporations want to lower the wages. An h1b from India is willing to work longer hours for less pay.
That's exactly why they hire illegal aliens also. It isn't because of some so-called lazy Americans not willing to work for a fair wage.

Old 07-11-2015, 07:53 PM

42,710 posts, read 25,867,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Being American has nothing to do with skin color or race. It's a nationality and a culture.
describe this culture to me please. Imagine, after all these years of thinking that watching my Italian uncle play Bocce ball, or listening to my Grandfather tell me stories in Basque was culture. I thought that since we were a nation of immigrants that the customs and traditions of all of our ancestors who came from every corner of the world is what made up our culture and only now I find out there is some secret "American Culture" that no one bothered to tell me about!

Last edited by 2sleepy; 07-11-2015 at 08:32 PM..

Old 07-11-2015, 08:05 PM

21,564 posts, read 16,062,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmorphicDN View Post
Dave, I'm curious about your obsession with white. Do you have a white car? White bathroom fixtures? Kitchen sink is white, I hope, not brushed stainless. How about shoes? White? Dog? White?

This forum is astounding. Racial topics dominate nearly everyday.
I like amorphic's question here. Don't see an answer.

Old 07-11-2015, 08:19 PM

163 posts, read 271,499 times
Quote:
Why in the world would you make such a remark? The one you are replying never even implied such a thing. Why would you use white/caucasian as an example of laziness? Hmm. I think I am starting to see the picture now.

If you don't want immigration limited to one specific ethnicity, etc. then why don't you have a problem with most legal and illegal immigration coming from Mexico and other Latino countries? I agree with getting back to diversity in our immigration numbers but that isn't what is happening today.

Read back and see the Dave Coe's about limiting migrants to Europeans. I'm merely responding to that statement. I used "white" because most Europeans are White.

And FYI I'm against illegal immigration by all nationalities and ethnicities. I'm a legal immigrant who went thru the process and paid all the fees. Go figure why I'm against illegal immigration.

Last edited by BroadwayDiva; 07-11-2015 at 08:36 PM..

Old 07-11-2015, 08:31 PM

163 posts, read 271,499 times
Quote:
Well let's see let's just start with the English language for one thing. Let me tell you what we are not. We are not a Hispanic, Asian, etc. country in identity. We have those groups living here but they are minority cultures. It saddens me that if you are an American that you don't know that or perhaps you are in denial and don't like our identifying culture.
Wasn't the English language was brought to the United States by the British. Technically they are "migrants" who brought "something different" :P

With all due respect, America is a nation built by immigrants from all over the world. What is its "culture"? What makes America unique is how it is melting pot of the various cultures that made the nation what it is.

If I want to speak my language with people who speak the same language, please don't be offended and think I don't want to "assimilate". I don't think that's a fair assumption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California