Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 12:06 AM

109 posts, read 141,663 times

Advertisements

Yea, this list is crap and doesn't make sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 12:32 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,932,444 times
In other news, they ranked Compton higher than Malibu.

Old 07-10-2015, 01:01 AM

3,886 posts, read 4,539,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
In other news, they ranked Compton higher than Malibu.
Compton and Stockton beats Seal Beach too!

I think at some point they were just randomly making a list thinking people would only look at the worst and the best. Ha ha!

Old 07-10-2015, 08:46 AM

7,372 posts, read 16,012,366 times
That's a pretty messed up list if Foster City is relegated as the least sucky place in CA, with Guadalupe another real contender. So, Palm Springs and Big Bear Lake are also among the worst in the state?

Old 07-10-2015, 09:32 AM

14,302 posts, read 11,692,440 times
That list is crazy. Lakewood and La Mirada (two places where my family has lived for many years, so I'm very familiar with them) beat Lake Forest, Yorba Linda, and my own nice little town of Rancho Santa Margarita? Cerritos ranks higher than Irvine or Ladera Ranch? I don't think so...

Old 07-10-2015, 10:58 AM

2,645 posts, read 3,329,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsltd View Post
Ok, have to take your word on this as I can't recall having seen Hemet myself, but the 1 in 10 not having a job deal.....? Doesn't Hemet have a large RETIRED population? They don't mention that in their survey.
Hemet is pretty much the retirement capital of California. It's where old people with no money go to survive on SS alone. My MIL lives there and we always dread having to spend 24 hours in the place. Restaurants are on par with every other retirement home cafeteria--all the food is easy to chew and no seasoning. The two worst meals I ever had in my life were in Hemet, and that includes three days I spent with my mom at her assisted living facility up in Oregon. The town somehow manages to even make palm trees look pathetic.

I'm not surprised it's on the list. I'm only surprised it's all the way down at #4.

Old 07-10-2015, 11:21 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,923,666 times
How is Big Bear lake so bad ?
I spent a lot of time living there and raise my kids there.
Jobs are almost all resort related ,and when things get bad every where else , being the shorter distance destination wise, Big Bear has been the vacationers choice.
There have been a very high influx of folk moving there and new construction and I'm sure the water shortage is a factor .The lake is not used for drinking water "yet". and treated sewage is being pumped out of the valley to Lucerne.
The schools are likely a bit small considering the influx of new bees unless they have begun new construction .
Those in city counsil are a greedy bunch mostly in real estate .
OK so they have their problems , When I lived there the cops were pretty board , and seemed to be on top of things through the night patrolling .
Not much violence that I remember ,but the local paper is so under the control of the city they are not allowed to print any thing negative much . more like a propaganda sheet.
The locals are/were great during the disasters that occur from time to time , but I have not been there in years now, and lost touch with friends that lived there as well.
I currently live in Temecula and it's not my favorite place but except for the heat once in a while not a bad place to live . But I am strongly considering a move .
not sure where yet..
My son lived in Hemet a while ,a lot of stores closing , lots of crime poverty and heat, no real reason to be there.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:10 PM

21,734 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Worst place to live in California? Easy one. Same as anyplace else: inside a closed, tortured heart and mind.

Old 07-10-2015, 01:33 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,597,011 times
East Palo Alto ranked higher than Tiburon, Berkeley, Hermosa Beach, Marina Del Rey, Newport Beach, San Clemente, Montecito, Palos Verdes Estates, and West Hollywood.

Now if only housing prices in those places were cheaper than EPA.

Hawaiian Gardens ranked higher than not only the places I mentioned but also Novato, Sausalito, Alameda, Atherton, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Calabasas, and San Marino!

Etc. etc.

Old 07-11-2015, 03:17 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,527,166 times
Why isn't Barstow on the list???

Re: Del Taco, Barstow is home of the original Del Taco...for what that's worth!

Last edited by MarciaMarshaMarcia; 07-11-2015 at 03:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California