Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 09:40 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
You would have to compare those metro areas to the surrounding areas and their prices. I would washer you would see the difference, especially during the transition period.

Every article about high California gas prices partially blamed the different blends and refineries not being able to keep up with the demand for the specific blend. That plus probably the highest in the nation tax rate including cap and trade leads to us laying now a dollar more per gallon than many areas in the country.
If you want to be fair you need to compare California gas prices with those of neighboring states, not Missouri or Kansas.
Costco Roseville CA......$2.43
Costco Reno NV...........$2.87
Costco Eugene, OR.......$2.49
Costco Las Vegas Nv.....$2.65
Costco Salt Lake City Ut$2.62
Costco Phoenix Az........$2.28
Costco Boise, ID...........$2.76
Costco Los Angeles,CA..$2.95
Costco Vacaville, CA.....$2.69
Costco Seattle, WA.......$2.43

So shooter..it doesn't seem like Taxi-fornia or whatever you want to call California today has significantly higher gas prices than any other state in the west, does it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2015, 09:57 PM

8,327 posts, read 6,419,063 times
You have to pay to join Costco in order to buy their gas.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Oh please..I used Costco so I wouldn't have to deal with a lot of crap about "well you listed Arco in SLC and Beacon in Reno" If you want to argue the accuracy of the numbers because I used Costco, then you are more than welcome to go to gasbuddy and find the lowest price excluding Costco. I'm sure that you don't give a hoot that I used Costco your brain just won't let you process the fact that a red state like Idaho has more expensive gas than Roseville.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:11 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,661,125 times
Quote:
Yes regardless of what state you live in. Your point is worthless.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:14 PM

2,645 posts, read 3,328,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Oh please..I used Costco so I wouldn't have to deal with a lot of crap about "well you listed Arco in SLC and Beacon in Reno" If you want to argue the accuracy of the numbers because I used Costco, then you are more than welcome to go to gasbuddy and find the lowest price excluding Costco. I'm sure that you don't give a hoot that I used Costco your brain just won't let you process the fact that a red state like Idaho has more expensive gas than Roseville.
Bingo!

Been there so many times with these types, I don't waste the keystrokes trying to reason with them anymore. You can fact them into a corner and all they'll do is just change the subject to something else that suits the agenda. Some people can't find a reason to get up in the morning if they don't have someone to hate. In that respect, they really deserve more pity than anything else.

Old 08-31-2015, 02:47 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,836,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
Yes regardless of what state you live in. Your point is worthless.
Many in here seem to continue down barker paths so replete with little or no point to offer, that worthlessness is actually an improvement.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:02 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
here you go...Google is your friend https://energyathaas.wordpress.com/2...ning-gasoline/
Actually it is dealing with the price and using Wholesale pricing as a base. However while I agree the formulation has helped the air quality problem in CA, the question is what testing has been done in the last 12 months to demonstrate the unique blend is still needed VS the exiting 49 State blends that also work well?

The emission levels have dropped about 98% from what they were in the 70's and any improvement now is minimal (Funny they keep wanting to cut emissions by 50%, but in reality that is but 1% of the level left to do). Modern manufacturing, computer controls, catalytic converters and more, have actually had a major impact on emissions and it is likely any benefit of the CA blend, if it really exists, is lost in CA as the CA blend produces worse gas mileage than the 49 State versions, thus increasing emissions per gallon of gas in CA.

Do you or anyone know of any testing done in recent history?

Old 08-31-2015, 10:05 AM

8,327 posts, read 6,419,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Actually it is dealing with the price and using Wholesale pricing as a base. However while I agree the formulation has helped the air quality problem in CA, the question is what testing has been done in the last 12 months to demonstrate the unique blend is still needed VS the exiting 49 State blends that also work well?

The emission levels have dropped about 98% from what they were in the 70's and any improvement now is minimal (Funny they keep wanting to cut emissions by 50%, but in reality that is but 1% of the level left to do). Modern manufacturing, computer controls, catalytic converters and more, have actually had a major impact on emissions and it is likely any benefit of the CA blend, if it really exists, is lost in CA as the CA blend produces worse gas mileage than the 49 State versions, thus increasing emissions per gallon of gas in CA.

So we have to pay out the nose for a tiny tiny % less smog, man I hate Democrats.
The regulators have to keep on regulating more and more or they lose their cushy high paying job.

Last edited by V8 Vega; 08-31-2015 at 10:26 AM..

Old 08-31-2015, 10:12 AM

Quote:
So we have to pay out the nose for a tiny tiny % less smog, man I hate Democrats.
Pay out the nose? Did you even bother to look at the data I provided? Boise Idaho and Reno NV have higher priced gas than most areas in California, why don't you try to explain that rather than whine about how much we pay to (according to you) reduce a tiny bit of smog? I remember flying into LA in the early 80's you'd get off the plane and you could hardly breathe -what do you think caused that condition to improve, the tooth fairy?

Old 08-31-2015, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post

You really can't bring yourself to accept the fact that California gas is not substantially higher (and in many cases is lower) than other western states. You are allowing your political bias to interfere with your ability to reason. Costco gas isn't 'wholesale' I used their prices to avoid having the "commiefornia crowd' claim my data was bad because I should have used Chevron, not Shell. Now you are claiming with ZERO evidence that the CA blend is detrimental..geezus you need to go apply for a job in the PR department of Exxon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California